my questions are back...

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:salam2: brothers and sisters
I hope this reaches you in the best of health/imaan....and I hope you're enjoying your Ramdan so far::)

I am not sure where I read this...but I remember reading that one cannot pray tahajud if they already prayed the last three prayers of Taraweeh?? Is that correct? What should one do? please reply ASAP......

Jazaka'Allah khair

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

You meant the three raka'ah of prayer is Witr, right?

It is incorrect that you cannot pray tahajjud if you've done your Witr prayer during Taraweekh. One is highly encourage to practice Qiyaam al-Lail but you do not have to pray Witr anymore because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There cannot be two Witrs in one night.”

For more detailed information, here.

:wasalam:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/65702/witr tahajjud

I'm a muslim woman who prays tarawehe. Mostly if I do not go for prayers, my younger brother does not go either.In the mosque where we pray from the imaam prays witr as well. I have been waking up to pray tahajud and read the Quran at night. After witr I can not pray Tahajud. What is a better option for me. To go for taraweh so my brother can go too or to stay home and pray at night? Which is more rewarding?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Your going to the mosque and attending Taraweeh with the congregation and meeting your Muslim sisters are all good things, praise be to Allaah. The fact that you are helping your brother to do this as well is another good deed to be added to the others.

There is no conflict between this and your praying tahajjud at the end of the night. You can combine all these good deeds, by doing one of the two following things:

1 – Pray Witr with the imam, then when you can do tahajjud after that, prayer whatever Allaah wills for you, two by two rak’ahs, without repeating Witr, because one cannot pray two Witrs in one night.

2 – Delay Witr until the end of the night. When the imam says the salaam at the end of Witr, do not say the salaam with him, rather stand up and do an extra rak’ah, so that your Witr will then be at the end of the night.

I tried to find a fatwa where it said that though it's best to pray witr after tahajjud, if one fears one won't be able to wake up for tahajjud, it's better to pray witr after Isha. But I'm unable to find it.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaah!

^Yeah that's how I was taught. If you've finished with the Imaam and prayed witr during taraaweeh, you can still pray your tahaajjud. Without the witr though. You can pray from 2 to 8 to 10 raka‘aats. Just so long as you finish it with an even number.
Also like it said in the link, if you're planning to add witr to your qiyaamul-layl...don't do the tasleem with the imaam at the end but rather stand up and add one more raka‘ah.
My sister and I usually sit out during the witr when we want to pray tahajjud. I was told that doing this is also acceptable..!

May Allaah SWT accept out prayers. Allahumma taqabbal salaatana! Wa siyaamanaa! Wa rukuu`anaa! Wa sujuudanaa! Aameen

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Sister Tabassum,

Did you meant this?

Is it better to offer this prayer at the beginning of its time or to delay it?

The Sunnah indicates that if a person thinks he will be able to get up at the end of the night, it is better to delay it, because prayer at the end of the night is better and is witnessed (by the angels). But whoever fears that he will not get up at the end of the night should pray Witr before he goes to sleep, because of the hadeeth of Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever fears that he will not get up at the end of the night, let him pray Witr at the beginning of the night, but whoever thinks that he will be able to get up at the end of the night, let him pray Witr at the end of the night, for prayer at the end of the night is witnessed (by the angels) and that is better.” Narrated by Muslim, 755.

Al-Nawawi said: This is the correct view. Other ahaadeeth which speak of this topic in general terms are to be interpreted in the light of this sound, specific and clear report, such as the hadeeth, “My close friend advised me not to sleep without having prayed Witr.” This is to be understood as referring to one who is not sure that he will be able to wake up (to pray Witr at the end of the night). Sharh Muslim, 3/277.

Source

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:jazaak: for the question sister Amatullah,I too was wondering about the same thing.Alhamdulillah a bit of confusion has been cleared.
:wasalam:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

JazakAllahu Khayr, sister Aisya, for locating the proper fatwa. Yes, that was exactly the one I had read before.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2: brothers and sisters
I hope this reaches you in the best of health/imaan....and I hope you're enjoying your Ramdan so far::)

I am not sure where I read this...but I remember reading that one cannot pray tahajud if they already prayed the last three prayers of Taraweeh?? Is that correct? What should one do? please reply ASAP......

Jazaka'Allah khair

Wa`alaykumassalam Warhmatullahi Wabarakatu

Sister you can pray Tahajjud even after witr I had just asked this to Shaykh Assim 2 days back but don't repeat the witr.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu alaikum,

jazaka'Allah khair everyone!!!!

I love Shaikh Faiz btw...thanks for sharing his video with us!