My Theory About Trials & Patience

Ahsen

Assalamwalekum,

So I was thinking about trials & patience because I am myself going through one. I was thinking that people cry and ask for help. It never happens anywhere in the world when an examiner helps the examinee during the examination. Even when we try to search in Islam it says that be patient, there's a reward for being patient. What I am trying to point out is that help always comes in the end. It is the reward and it's the solution. So our asking Allah for help will not make our trial easier but it will end at once. Because Allah is not supposed to help us in that phase.

What are your thoughts on this? I hope you get what I am trying to say here.

noora1

Statue of Liberty under the clouds! :D
Assalamwalekum,

So I was thinking about trials & patience because I am myself going through one. I was thinking that people cry and ask for help. It never happens anywhere in the world when an examiner helps the examinee during the examination. Even when we try to search in Islam it says that be patient, there's a reward for being patient. What I am trying to point out is that help always comes in the end. It is the reward and it's the solution. So our asking Allah for help will not make our trial easier but it will end at once. Because Allah is not supposed to help us in that phase.

What are your thoughts on this? I hope you get what I am trying to say here.

Walaikum as salaam, I think Allah can make our trial easier. I think it's a matter of turning to Him with full conviction and belief that He is able to do all things. While the trial itself varies, I think a true believer can get through a trial with a little bit more ease than one who doesn't believe in Allah as much. I think one of the amazing things about Islam is that Allah teaches us is how to deal with the trials in life, an what to say and do in times of trials. Whereas, the less Imaan a person has, the further away they are from Allah, and the less they believe in Allah's ability, and Qadr. So when situations arise, they become lost as to how to deal with a trial. And yes, I believe Allah can make anything easy for us, we just have to keep asking for His help continuously. Allah wants us to supplicate to Him and seek His help. I'm not going through any big trials at the moment so I'm not sure if I would behave in the proper way in these times. Allah knows best. Just my thoughts on this topic.

I'm not sure what you mean by the ending of a trial being the reward though, since we get rewarded in this life and the hereafter for patience, insha Allah.

Umm Abdullah

Wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh
Your thread reminded me of a muhadarah I watched not too long ago about this subject.