Name that Surrah!

DanyalSAC

Asalaamu alaikum -

This is a video of Sheikh Abdur Rahman As-Sudais leading the Salatul Jumuah in Pakistan in 2007.

The first surrah he recites is familiar to me but I don't know the name of it. It is familiar only because I've heard it so often.

http://www.tubeislam.com/video/1326/Friday-Salaat-by-Sheikh-Sudais-in-Pakistan-2007

P.S. just forewarning the camera operators spend far too much time filming the sisters in their private prayer area in my humble opinion.

If someone can tell me what surrah this is I would appreciate it :)

mhamzah

:salam2: brother,

First Ra'kah: Surah Al-Ala [Surah 87]

Second Ra'kah: Surah Al-Ghasshiyah [Surah 88]

:wasalam:

mhamzah

Salaam Alaikum -

I believe this is Surah A'-Laa - 87 and

Alhamdulillah, mhamzah was quicker on the draw!

:salam2:

Jazak'Allah Khair sister,

The Imam at my mosque recites these two Surahs every Jummah, he has been doing this atleast for the past 4-5 Friday Salaat.

DanyalSAC

JazakAllah khairan. I think that's why it so familiar, I hear it so frequently on Jummah. When I made my visit to Atlanta earlier this month, that was the same surrah (A'laa) that was recited there, too.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
:salam2:

Jazak'Allah Khair sister,

The Imam at my mosque recites these two Surahs every Jummah, he has been doing this atleast for the past 4-5 Friday Salaat.

wa 'alaykkumus salaam wa rahmatullaah.

Ma shaa Allaah, talk about being firm upon the sunnah *smile*

arzafar

damn! look at our previous govt officials, there not even focused on the recitation.
It's surah Al-Ala. my 2nd favorite after Al-Fatiha.

salahdin

Wa aleikum musalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu its Surat Al-A`la (chapter 87) and Surat Al-Ghashiyh (chapter 88)

[سَبِّحِ اسْمَ رَبِّكَ الاّعْلَى ]

و

[هَلْ أَتَاكَ حَدِيثُ الْغَـشِيَةِ ]

Surat Al-A`la (chapter 87) and Surat Al-Ghashiyh (chapter 88) in the two `Id prayers. If the `Id prayer fell on Friday, he would recite them in both prayers (`Id and Salat Al-Jumu`ah). Muslim also recorded this in his Sahih, as well as Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah. The wording of Muslim and the Sunan compilers says, "He used to recite

و

[هَلْ أَتَاكَ حَدِيثُ الْغَـشِيَةِ ]

Surat Al-A`la (chapter 87) and Surat Al-Ghashiyh (chapter 88) for the two `Ids and Jumu`ah. If they occurred on the same day, he would recite them in both of them.'' In his Musnad, Imam Ahmad recorded on the authority of Ubayy bin Ka`b, Abdullah bin `Abbas, `Abdur-Rahman bin Abza, and the Mother of the believers, `A'ishah, that the Messenger of Allah used to recite

DanyalSAC

Its my goal to memorize this Surrah. Memorizing anything from the Qur'an is extremely difficult for me, primarily as I have no teacher (my masjid is very clique-ish - if you're "of color" you will have an "of color" teacher but the white guys like myself are on our own). But I'm going to give it the old college try!