naming a baby samad??

friend263

Assalamualaikum sisters and brother Allah has once again given me an opportunity to be a mother and I am not aware till now what its gonna be but I m planning Insha Allah to call my baby if its a boy Samad.. only samad not as samad so do I have to add Abdul before calling him Samad. Also if its a girl we have thought about ayesha... plzz pray for me...

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaah, sister.

Maashaa'Allaah, that's a good news! May Allaah `azza wa jalla make everything easy for you.

Sister, there are particular names of Allaah `azza wa jalla which no one can share with Him and As-Saamad is one of them. It means: the Eternal, Everlasting or Self-sufficient Master.

I don't think its beauty will not change if you add `Abd to it, don't you think? :)

You can read more on naming your kids with Allaah's names here: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/1143

And `Aisha is one of my favorites, maasha'Allaah!

Nureyni Amir

Asalamu Alaikum, May Allah make the process easy for you. As for the name there is no more honor than being named the servant/slave of the absolute or eternal. Moreover Samad is one of the attribute of Allah swa as sister Janaan as mentioned.

friend263

Assalamualaikum and jazakallahu khairen for the response sister so what do we call him abdul samad or abd as samad???

Janaan, post: 594850, member: 70726"]Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaah, sister.

Maashaa'Allaah, that's a good news! May Allaah `azza wa jalla make everything easy for you.

Sister, there are particular names of Allaah `azza wa jalla which no one can share with Him and As-Saamad is one of them. It means: the Eternal, Everlasting or Self-sufficient Master.

I don't think its beauty will not change if you add `Abd to it, don't you think? :)

You can read more on naming your kids with Allaah's names here: http://islamqa.info/en/ref/1143

And `Aisha is one of my favorites, maasha'Allaah![/quote]
Assalamu