Staff member
Wa alaykum assalam.

Jazakallahu Khayr for these.

:( but i don't understand any of it... :( :(

a pretty voice only goes skin deep...

Wassalam.

Naasih

Nasheeds?

I would just like to ask a question? I hope someone can shed some light on this for me.

Are nasheeds a prescribed act of worship that one does or listens to which draws him/her closer to Allaah? I am asking this because these are so widesoread now and everyone listens to them. When you turn on muslim radio stations they play nasheeds non stop which are strait up musical songs. I mean where does one draw the line?? If they have music in them then they should be called musical nasheeds and not Islamic nasheeds because I think this misleads the people. Im asking because I just cant get my head around this trend. Please someone help me with this.

Shukran lakum

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

First of all, singing or listening to nasheeds are not a prescribed act of worship. It may draw you closer to Allah(swt) however there are many other better ways to do so. For instance reading and understanding the Holy Qur'an, praying salah, learning and making dua'a and so forth.

As you've said, nasheeds are becoming very mainstream and glamourised in the same way music is, even more so when musical instruments(which are haram) are used.

There is nothing wrong with nasheeds as long as they don't pass the boundaries set by Islam. However, this does not mean you should waste all your time listening to them; listening to Quran is much more better.

:wasalam: