Need Advice

Abdul25

Logical Believer
:salam2:

My new semester has started and one of my very important and most difficult lectures timings are matching with the jumma prayer. if i attend the class, i cant attend the jumma and vice versa. for me attending both is very important. if i dont attend the lecture then it will be difficult for me to pass and this is my core subject area. we are only 2 Muslims in the class and i need an advice what should i do. i dont want to miss the jumma and the lecture

JazakAllah khayr

omahmed

Sister in Islam
Salaam

Is there any way the lecture could be recorded for you to listen to later?

Do you have a student advisory office or similar where you could explain to them your problem and see if they could come up with a solution?

Salaam

Abdul25

Logical Believer
Salaam

Is there any way the lecture could be recorded for you to listen to later?

Do you have a student advisory office or similar where you could explain to them your problem and see if they could come up with a solution?

Salaam

The voice recorder is very expensive :p and it wont be as effective as a lecture when u yourself is present and can ask questions. i talked to my course coordinator , he says cant change the time and this is not the only class which conflicts with prayer timings, my other 3 classes are also conflicting with prayers timings so i need advice what to do

omahmed

Sister in Islam
Salaam

Maybe you could buy a used voice recorder, which would be cheaper. Also, try to speak to the lecturer beforehand explaining your situation, so that he will allow you to ask him about anything you don't understand clearly after the lecture.

This is the only advice I can think of - hopefully, insha'Allah, someone with more knowledge than myself will come and advise you.

Salaam

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

If you are a brother, then Jumu'ah prayer is a FARD on you...

ALLAH AZZAWAJAL says in the Quraan

O ye who believe! When the call is heard for the prayer of the day of congregation, haste unto remembrance of Allah and leave your trading. That is better for you if ye did but know.

And when the prayer is ended, then disperse in the land and seek of Allah's bounty, and remember Allah much, that ye may be successful.

But when they spy some merchandise or pastime they break away to it and leave thee standing. Say: That which Allah hath is better than pastime and than merchandise, and Allah is the best of providers. (62:9,10 & 11)

NO MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE TO ATTEND...GIVE PRIORITY TO JUMUAH..
ALLAH AZZAWAJAL KNOWS THE BEST

I understand that you wanna attend class, but if you truly try, your RABB would make your tasks easy, INSHA ALLAH..
So try your best to record the lectures...:hearts:

FEE AMANILLAH

Ibn Rukaiya

When the timing is of salaat we have to pray it in time.

Talking of lectures than it is not written on rock that if you leave them or miss them, you have a bad result ! personally I gave blindfold exams for many papers and didn’t find difficult that without lectures or attending class anything is hard for getting good scores.

The pcychological impression that gets borne in our mind is that lectures have reflections on results. My teacher use to tell a fine line – “ study is what you do on your own.”. He meant stressing weightage on self study/ revision than attending classes.That is to believing more in our capabilities than lecturers/prof. Still that does not mean leaving classes during usual circumstances.

So forget that missing lectures ruin the result. Instead bear in mind that You are offering salaat to please Allaah and He makes the situations easy and better.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

One of my friends had a similar problem last semester. He bought a cheap video recorder off ebay (I believe close to 25 dollars) and a cheap tripod (5-10 dollars) and took permission from his professor to record classes. He used to take down notes late Friday afternoon from a non muslim class mate he knew.

Since you have another muslim class mate, you can perhaps split the cost. It will make it even more affordable.

For my friend, it was as good as attending the class and his course work was quite theoretical as well. So that would be my advice.

At the time of jumma prayer, we can't be attending class or indulging in trade. So I don't think you can legitimately excuse yourself from the prayer. Also, one should not miss out on the Khutbah and show up right at the end to attend the prayer only.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Abdul25

Logical Believer
JazakAllh kayr every one for their advice.. i will inshAllah attend the jumma prayer and will find a way to resolve this issue