need help please

haya1

:salam2:
dear brothers and sisters your this sister is very depressed now a days:). i want you to please help me to change my attitude. actually i study in university in co education. i have many issues. first of all i want you to ask that what should i do so that Allah dont angry with me for studying with na mehram.secondly i become jealous or feel inconfidence when i see that my female classfellows know more than me i know Allah dont like hasad and i think all the time that what others think about me. secondly i feel that our sir gives zero importance to me as compared to my class fellows. i performs prayers regularly recites quran daily but i dont know why this hapens to me:((( i really want to change myself, i want to be a true muslim with really positive attitude. i request you that please give me suggestions and if there is any refrence of Ayat of quran that it would marvelous..
waiting for reply...
Thanks in advance..
Regards,

JenGiove

Sister, please know that the feeling of being less than equal to your classmates in regards to knowing less is not confined to being a Muslim. I have always felt that way, and still do. For me, what I did not know, was that I have a disability that prevents me from understanding the simplest of mathematics. I know that I am equal, if not better, at understanding other things though...like science than others in my age group but I stil feel like less of a human being because I can't add of subtract. Dealing with those feelings is something I struggle with everyday.

I'm sorry you feel these awful feelings but the resolution and integration of those feelings is within you. You are not less of a person because of them. You are actually a greater person because once you DO deal with them, you will be better armed with empathy and gentleness towards other people's suffering. Only the strongest can have the deepest of love. This is the gift awaiting you at the end of this struggle.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Stop thinking in terms of the dis-believers. They like competition. Believers do not compete. They share. Think of what is written about the peoples of Madinah and how they shared with the companions of the Prophet.

You are to serve Allah. So take that stress from you.

Now, lets talk about something serious. I do not believe I am writing this but I have to write the Truth. Our Muslim sisters should not attend co-educational universities. The mixed confusion of the peoples of the duyna are introduced to our sisters. And it takes years to get rid of that confusion.

There are many colleges for girls. As a matter of fact, even in the US today, the rich send their daughters to all girl colleges. There are many fine institutions that are sate funded and public.

See if you can transfer to an atmosphere where education is important. You want an environment of cooperation and an intention of striving to gain knowledge.

The other issues will disappear. Why spend time with those who are not serious about faith and learning.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
dear brothers and sisters your this sister is very depressed now a days:). i want you to please help me to change my attitude. actually i study in university in co education. i have many issues. first of all i want you to ask that what should i do so that Allah dont angry with me for studying with na mehram.secondly i become jealous or feel inconfidence when i see that my female classfellows know more than me i know Allah dont like hasad and i think all the time that what others think about me. secondly i feel that our sir gives zero importance to me as compared to my class fellows. i performs prayers regularly recites quran daily but i dont know why this hapens to me:((( i really want to change myself, i want to be a true muslim with really positive attitude. i request you that please give me suggestions and if there is any refrence of Ayat of quran that it would marvelous..
waiting for reply...
Thanks in advance..
Regards,

:wasalam:
Sister,
it is a common problem here studying with na mahram,we should try to avoid it if possible.Since it is very less feasible these days,we have to protect ourselves,our gaze and the way we dress.We should be in our hijaab.Keep asking Alah's forgiveness and His mercy.We should have hope in Allah's mercy and forgiveness and keep fearing him.Avoid the company of those people who talk fahsh or idle vile things.Have a good company surrounding you preferentially practicing muslim sisters.
Secondly don't feel bad if your classmates know more than you because Prophet :saw: said,"Look upon one who is below you in status. In this way you will not look down upon the grace of that Allah bestowed upon you."
(Bukhari and Muslim)

Try to strive hard in your studies and leave the rest on Allah and
Indeed, Allah loves those who rely [upon Him].Surah 'Ali 'Imran(3:159)

It is upto Allah to give result,what is your job is to strive hard,as Allah says in the Qur'an::
Indeed, those who have believed and done righteous deeds - indeed, We will not allow to be lost the reward of any who did well in deeds.Surah Al Kahf(18:30)

Dont worry about what other think about you,wknow that no matter what they think Allah knows you best because Allah is Al Aleem(The All Knowing) and Al Khabir( (The All-Knower of everything).No one knows you as good as Allah knows you,so be sufficient in knowing that it does not matter what people think or say about you,what matters is how Allah sees you.
If your sir gives you zero importance don't worry Allah is the Greatest not your sir.Ask your questions to other faculty member search the internet if you dont et answers to questions,use the college library,use any resource available.
I would like to share with you for my benefit before all a hadith:

On the authority of Abu Abbas Sahl Bin Sa'ad Al-Sa'idi (Radiallahu anhu.) who said: 'A man came to the Prophet ( :saw: ) and requested him: "Messenger of Allah ( :saw: ), tell me something by which I could win the love of The Almighty and the people." The Prophet told him, "Do not love the world, and The Almighty will love you; and do not have a longing for that which people have, and they will love you."' (Ibn-Majah)

So in this lies a simple formula,apply it in your life insha Allah.

To be a better muslim you have to constantly strive throughout your life.Life is full of struggles,temptations etc.Avoid them walk the straight path,do good and avoid bad.
It says in the Qur'an::

O you who have believed, persevere and endure and remain stationed and fear Allah that you may be successful.Surah 'Ali 'Imran(3:200)

O you who believe! Do your duty to Allah and fear Him. Seek the means of approach to Him, and strive hard in His Cause as much as you can. So that you may be successful.Surat Al Ma'idah(5:35)

Say, "Not equal are the evil and the good, although the abundance of evil might impress you." So fear Allah , O you of understanding, that you may be successful.Surat Al Ma'dah(5:100)

The attitude of a muslim should be,no matter what the circumstances,no matter what happens,whatever happens is Allah's will and we as Muslims have to be pleased with Allah's will and submit to it.As they say in urdu "Allah ki raza mein raazi ho jaana".That should be the attitude stay firm no matter what happens,fear nothing except Allah,as it says in the Qur'an::

That is only Satan who frightens [you] of his supporters. So fear them not, but fear Me, if you are [indeed] believers.Surat 'Ali 'Imran(3:175)

So sister,hold firmly to Allah's book and be steadfast and strive hard in whatever you do,it is Allah who gives results,so leave it on Him. Stay fearless,fear Allah alone and trust Allah,see that inshaAllah your results will be better and so will be your life.

May Allah ease your affairs for you .Ameen.

a_stranger

I think that as muslems we should struggle to make our intentions sincere towards our creator, we study, work, do our best to please our Lord , Allah sobhanahu wa taala must be the first in our hearts then people, you and others are using what Allah has given you all , minds , understanding , ........you should use then in a better way and study hard ....to be the best InshAllah . Allah sobhanahu wa taala is absolutely fair and just any human works hard get better results believer or non. I am sure you can be better if you work harder and stop those negative thoughts.........May Allah be always with you .

haya1

JazakAllah

@jenjiove thank you sister for your suggestion i will try my best:)
@aapa you are right aapa me too dont feel compfort in co but the subject which i wanted to learn is offered by only this uni. and sis i do wear hijab and always cover myself. jazak Allah sis:)
@ stranger thank you sis for your suggestions.
@ kashif
i think brother understood me quite clearly. and really like your suggestions.
may Allah(SWT) reward you brother (bohat bohat shukriya)