Need Help Sisters

finallythetruth

I am a 28 year old female from Montana. I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness but was never able to have my heart there, I knew it was not the truth or the right way. They turned me away because they couldn't convince me and I have spent twelve long years trying to find something to fill the hole. One day I heard some verses from the Quran in a video online and even though I didn't understand the words I thought it was beautiful. I live in an area that isn't very well populated (the closest Mosque I can find is over two hours away) and I haven't been able to locate anyone of Islam nearby. I have tried to learn things online but I am so scared of doing something wrong. I said (and felt deep in my heart) the Shahada in my home, only three days ago!! I found a video that has helped explain Hijab and I made one, it's not the nicest but it's all I have for now.
I guess what I need is anything. I have been reading the Quran online, I am trying so hard to learn prayers. I would just so deeply appreciate anything and everything you could tell me, any advice, books, website. Thank you so much. Peace to all.

Julie1134

As'salamu alaikum,
Your story seems almost exactly like mine and I am 28 as well. I converted 3 years ago. I always buy my hijabs from Ebay. A woderful site is www.thedeenshow.com Welcome to Islam sister!

sarahlou

Asalam Alaikum Sis, Take everything slow and try not to rush it. Also this website http://www.islamicbulletin.com/ has free E- books you can download. I also suggest you get in touch with sister revert2007. She is a wonderful sister masha Allah, and an asset to TTI. She helped me and a lot of other reverts come to Islam. She has so much information about Islam and Insha Allah she can help you. I am new Muslim as well, but Alhamdulillah I live in a pretty strong Muslim community ( well as far as American standards go). I could always snail mail you things as well seeing that California isn't to far from Montana :hearts:. May Allah strengthen your Iman and make it easier on you. Salam :hijabi:

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2: Sister,

First of all Welcome to Islam and Welcome to TTI!

Take it easy and try to gradually start practicing as much as you is you are able to.

Always, take Islamic information from authentic sources. A rule of thumb to know authentic sources is that they are always backed up with refeences from Quran and hadith (saying of the Prophet Muhammad :saw: ) rather than opinions of the author.

Start with the most important and Fundamental issues like "Tawheed":

Importance Of Tawheed And The Evil Result Of Neglecting It

Who deserves to be Worshipped Alone?

Introduction to what is (Bidah) Innovation

Research on bid’ah and shirk in Detailed

And other articles audios in the section Fundamental Beliefs in Islam Tawheed and Aqeedah

If you have any general questions please ask, if you have any personal questions ask our wonderful Sisters.

InshaAllah we all are happy to help!

:wasalam:

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

welcome to TTI!

you are in the right place sis! I'm a revert myself and learnt a lot through this website, hope to read more from you insha'Allah!

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum sister!

What most brothers and sisters forgot to say is:

Many Congratulations for embracing Islam.

You have already taken the most important step, mashallah, and the rest will follow with the help of Allah almighty and with your patience and perseverence.

halah

Asslamu alikum
Congratulations sister for your reversion to the right path and welcome to tti.Take your time sister in reading and learning and don't hesitate whatever you want the brothers and sisters here are helpful,also this site is full of many beneficial topics in different aspects of islamic religion,may Allah bless you and firm your heart on His straight path :tti_sister:

http://www.turntoislam.com/index.php?page=pray1

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69

http://www.sultan.org/

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
I am a 28 year old female from Montana. I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness but was never able to have my heart there, I knew it was not the truth or the right way. They turned me away because they couldn't convince me and I have spent twelve long years trying to find something to fill the hole. One day I heard some verses from the Quran in a video online and even though I didn't understand the words I thought it was beautiful. I live in an area that isn't very well populated (the closest Mosque I can find is over two hours away) and I haven't been able to locate anyone of Islam nearby. I have tried to learn things online but I am so scared of doing something wrong. I said (and felt deep in my heart) the Shahada in my home, only three days ago!! I found a video that has helped explain Hijab and I made one, it's not the nicest but it's all I have for now.
I guess what I need is anything. I have been reading the Quran online, I am trying so hard to learn prayers. I would just so deeply appreciate anything and everything you could tell me, any advice, books, website. Thank you so much. Peace to all.
sister..may Allah bless your sincerity. Be sure He has saved you.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:

first of all sister your wecome to TTI.:SMILY206:

may ALLAH make your deen easy to understand and follow.ameen.:tti_sister:

my lil advice stick around TTI and you'll have many of your questions answered by oue wonderful and full of knowledge TTI family.:hijabi:

and congratulationsyou've have been guided by ALLAH to the right path:SMILY139:

ShyHijabi

Asalaam akeikum sister!

Reading your post brought tears to my eyes, I was so touched by your words. Allah swt is most merciful and rewards people by their intentions. The fact that you struggled just to make a hijab humbles me so much. Sister may you be blessed over and over for your struggle, for your jihad. Ameen.

Sanaa01

Muslima
Asalamo Alaikom sister

Congratulations and welcome to Islam
May Allah bless you and protect you in this life and the next one

hana*

sister, my heart goes out to you, something came to my mind as i read youre post it is this: the Prophet (peace be upon him) once said: i miss my brothers and sisters, so the companions replied 'arent we youre brothers?' to this the prophet (pbuh) replied no you are my companions, my brothers and sisiters are those who came after me, believed in me and yet had never seen me, i miss them so much. imagine, thats me and you and everyone on this forum, the prophet (saas) misses us and longs to see us in paradise :)

id like to say to you that youre reward is double the reward of somebody living in a muslim country, youre status is very high with Allah and finally, never give up asking Allah as He said: 'call on Me, I will answer your prayer'

we are all here for you

Hana

esmajic

Assalamu alaikum...

I recently found a site from Bilal Philips called "Islamic Online University"

islamiconlineuniversity.com

There is around 10 free courses that covers main things in Islam.
Good thing is that there are assigments and testing - so you know are you learning it propertly.

finallythetruth

Thank You

I began crying while reading the supportive beautiful words of everyone. I feel more love and kindness in my heart then I think I ever have. I am beyond any words...just thank you so much.
I am so greatful for your advice and I am still going through the great pages you directed me. I am so very thankful. I am also very lucky to have the ability and technology to reach out to my brothers and sisters from all over the world to help me on my beautiful journey. May Allah be with all of you.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

:salam2: dear sister in Islam:D:hearts:

All praise be to Allah the LORD of the Universe, we thank Him, priase HIM and ask for His aid and His forgiveness. I ask Allah to keep you guided and increase you in Iman and knowledge.
Like many said, take things SLOWLY.....never rush yourself inshaAllah you'll be fine.
I would like to share these websites inshaAllah:
Word by word Quran

Free ISLAMIC UNIVERSITY

Huda TV online

Poem dedicated to REVERTS
may you enjoy and benefit from your stay here.:D:D:D
:hearts::hearts::hearts: