need help with HAQ MEHER ASAP

najbc

I was wondering if anyone could help me find what the quran says about HAQ MEHER and why it is being given. it is cultural thing or islamic. about it and whow it is given but i am tring to tech someone else what it is and mean and they want me to provide evidence from the quran or a hadith. ! thank for your help!

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Could you please define/explain Haq Meher so that we have an idea what it is.

Thank you,

was-salaam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

I didn't realise you meant the mahar. It is from the sunnah, and leaving it off is a sin. It is not a cultural practice, though some cultures take the mahar to various extremes, such as high prices, demands for jewelery, lively-stock etc.

Here are some fataawaa on the issue of the dowry (mahar). There are a number of good books that also deal with the subject.

The dowry is the right of the wife

The negative and harmful consequences of exaggerating concerning the dowry

What is the minimum amount of mahr? What is the modern equivalent of the mahr of the Mothers of the Believers?

Hope it helps,

Was-salaam

najbc

As-salaamu `alaykum

I didn't realise you meant the mahar. It is from the sunnah, and leaving it off is a sin. It is not a cultural practice, though some cultures take the mahar to various extremes, such as high prices, demands for jewelery, lively-stock etc.

Here are some fataawaa on the issue of the dowry (mahar). There are a number of good books that also deal with the subject.

The dowry is the right of the wife

The negative and harmful consequences of exaggerating concerning the dowry

What is the minimum amount of mahr? What is the modern equivalent of the mahr of the Mothers of the Believers?

Hope it helps,

Was-salaam

thank very much brother, very helpfull!

maryam khalid

my friend loves a boy and they both want to marry.But boy is not in the position of supporting her.So is it essential for the boy to pay haq meher?Though they will not live together after marriage for sometime due to some problems.Please help my friend.
thanks