NEED HELP

Salam alaykum,
it's been long i posted anything or visited the site. but now i really need some advice.
though i know Allah is not displeased with filling of any vessel than he is displeased with man filling his stomach. i also know that filled stomach causes hardness of the heart and reduces one closeness to Allah. i also know of the hadith of dividing the stomach into 3 parts as reported from the prophet, BUT it's just hard doing this. really, i know i dont eat much but i would really love to follow the example the Prophet and that of the 2 Umar caliphs. pls really need practical advice

strive-may-i

Salam alaykum,
it's been long i posted anything or visited the site. but now i really need some advice.
though i know Allah is not displeased with filling of any vessel than he is displeased with man filling his stomach. i also know that filled stomach causes hardness of the heart and reduces one closeness to Allah. i also know of the hadith of dividing the stomach into 3 parts as reported from the prophet, BUT it's just hard doing this. really, i know i dont eat much but i would really love to follow the example the Prophet and that of the 2 Umar caliphs. pls really need practical advice

:salam2:

We might never be able to fast the way they did. Now if you are having the habit, of eating in excess, then that can be overcome, Insha-Allah. Start by reducing on snacks between meals. Exercise is also known to bring a sense of fullness into our body and mind. Even brisk walking helps.

The other good suggestion is to befriend someone who has started slimming down. There is a simple rule with habits, befriend some one whose habits you want to follow, it will sink in. But beware of bad habits you might learn!

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaathuh brother.

My advice would be that you eat 3 well balanced meals everyday.

By that, I mean that you should do this:

1.) Calculate the average hours of sleep that you take every day (whether it's 7 or 8).

2.) Subtract it from 24, and that signifies that amount of hours that you spend doing activites.

3.) Divide that number by 3. Ex. 16/3=5.3 This number (that you get after dividing by 3) shows how many hours you should wait before eating your next meal.