Need sound advice

charity

:salam2:

Dear brothers and sisters

Was wondering if anyone could give me some real answers.

I live in the United Arab Emirates and I have US Citizenship. My daughter who is 14 has gotten a proposal from a good pious muslim brother. After seeing each other, my daughter decided that she wants to marry him and the brother also has agreed to marry my daughter.

Now the problem is the Shariah Courts here have said that it is impossible they would let her get married at this age due to many factors:

1 - Her father is my exhusband and has been out of her life for 12 years. He disappeared when he was told to pay child support when she was 5 months old. So the Shariah court is asking for her walee and he has disappeared long ago.

I do have full custody of her since 1997 since we had to get permission from her father to get her us passport renewed and get her permanent residency in UAE renewed. So I had to take him to court in 97 and the court looked for him and granted me full custody because her life must go on.

2 - She is under the age of 18! A girl must be 18 before they are willing to intervene and take the walaya from her father and marry her to the brother.

The brother is wiling to wait a little while but not until she is 18!

So I was wondering if we came to the States the brother is a US citizen and so is my daughter and get an islamic marriage contract done in Virginia without getting a legal license for marriage because they wont need it. The islamic marriage is enough since they will not live in the states.

Is this feasible? Of course this paper the Islamic Marriage Contract will need to be notarized and authenticated for use in UAE. This is the way I married but I wasnt under age.

Please give us advice. She really wants the brother and he really wants her!

revert2007

Love Fishing

I am sorry to say that none of us are scholars here.Perhaps a mod can forward your question to a scholar and get back to you asap or you may attend the weekly Q&A session with sheikh Assim on every Sunday in sha Allah.

Allah knows the best

charity

I am sorry to say that none of us are scholars here.Perhaps a mod can forward your question to a scholar and get back to you asap or you may attend the weekly Q&A session with sheikh Assim on every Sunday in sha Allah.

Allah knows the best

The answer to this brother doesnt need a scholar. Just someone familiar with islamic contracts and if they are allowed to be done without getting a marriage license from the state you live in.

Since its an islamic marriage contract, age shouldn't matter to the mu'athin who is performing the marriage correct?

Also, if we are able to locate her father which is a very slim chance she doesnt mind going to him and talking to him and convincing him that she wants to marry. But if we don't find him, how easy is it for the mu'athin to take the walaya from the father and marry them? Taking into consideration again that I have full custody and the father disappeared almost 13 years ago!