new muslim

zara3333

salam im a new muslim i reverted 1 year ago, but im still very new to islam, i would very much like to make new friends on this site and learn about islam, i know some bassics but i still have so much more to learn, its bin very hard for me especaily my family that are none beleavers and still its hard now, but im staying strong. inshalah.

xAllahKnowsBestx

Assalamu 'alaykum dear sister! <3

Welcome back to Islam and the forum! :) Don't forget to join the Sisters' Only Section once you reach the required amount of posts. :)

zara3333

salam sister, thank :) you i would love to join the sisters only section, i hope to reach the required amounts of posts.

Karima80

Assalam aleikum sister! I hope you find this site useful and be patient with your parents. They Inshallah will accept it one day.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
:salam:

Welcome to the forum sister. I very well understand how difficult it is from the parents side. Am still struggling with it. Be strong, make your imaan and ikhlas stronger. It will help you fight the world. :)

Peace

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleikum zara,
Nice to have you here. I know how hard can be to stay strong alone, inshAllah you can spend time with us, learn and share beautiful teachings of islam.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
wa'alaikum as'salaam

welcome to the forum and back to the right path sister. may Allah make your journey easy and increase your eman and knowledge. ameen.

here's a good video for new converts in dealing with their families

Islam!!yay

Salam!

Welcome to Islam

May Allah SWT Bless you with best of this world and the next for you and your families!

The video that brother Islamerica posted is very beneficial and I suggest you check out their channel. Sister Nye and Rebecca are both converts Al Hamdulilah and I love their videos because they're simple and easy to understand and highly recommend that you watch their vids! And Again welcome!

Aida1

Salaam 'aleikum, welcome to the forum, I'm new here too :)
The vid above is indeed very nice and perhaps helpful to you. Hamdulillah my family either were supportive, curious or just couldn't care less about my conversion, so even though I found it difficult to tell people in the beginning, it turned out ok, good even. I hope your family will accept you and your beliefs. Maybe in time, they will be inspired by your actions inshallah. Only time will tell, so all you can do is stay strong and be patient. Being patient (having sabr) if of course a very important part of our belief, and I found it helped me tremendously with the people around me that couldn't truly accept me being a religious person (islamic or otherwise). I hope it will help you too.
If I may ask, where are you from? Maybe there are some support groups where you live. People you can meet if you would like to, people that can offer that bit of support you may need in person from time to time.

Inshallah your family can eventually accept your choice and be happy for you.

Wasalaam :butterfly:

Fulanibn

He سبحانه وتعالى said:

فَمَنْ يُرِدِ اللَّهُ أَنْ يَهْدِيَهُ يَشْرَحْ صَدْرَهُ لِلْإِسْلَامِ ۖ وَمَنْ يُرِدْ أَنْ يُضِلَّهُ يَجْعَلْ صَدْرَهُ ضَيِّقًا حَرَجًا كَأَنَّمَا يَصَّعَّدُ فِي السَّمَاءِ

"And whomsoever Allah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam, and whomsoever He wills to send astray, He makes his breast closed and constricted, as if he is climbing up to the sky." [Al-An'aam, 6:125]