New to Forum

AnAngelofWood

Thankful for my deen
My name is Yvonne. I am a 38 year old Mormon/Christian woman. I have been married for 17 years to the father of our three children. Recently, I have found myself drawn to learning more about the Muslim faith. I have only scratched the surface by reading information on various sites, but would like to learn more.

My circumstance is that I know a few Muslim men from my workplace, but have no women to speak with about this faith. Because, I do not wish to offend the wives of these men by having what may be seen as an improper association with them. I am limited in what I can learn from them. I find that it is difficult to strike up a conversation with women I see either at the store or any other public place. This is either because they shy away from me when I extend a gesture of kindness, or friendship, or because I am struck with the fear that they will think I'm silly for asking them questions.

I am a very plain person. I always say that I am a "What you see, is what you get" kind of person. I have grown up in a way that makes me a little different from the way I see most women. Instead of being domestic in the home, I tend to be a bit more "tomboyish" but am definately feminine. I'm just more of a mechanic than a homemaker. Maybe this is why so many of the Muslim women I do encounter shy from me. I've been raised to be very independant and self sufficient, when I need to be. Which can come across guarded.

With all of this being the case. I am trying this site to find some Muslim friends who will be willing to answer my questions and guide me as I learn more about this faith and the people who live it. I have a lot to learn, but am a willing and open minded student. I will respect your values and traditions. Just show me how. Help me grow.

I look forward to getting to know you. Assalamu Alaykum

Storm

SiStEr
Welcome to TTI :D. God willing, you will find answers to all of your questions. I know you're going to like it here, inshallah.

Salaam Yvonne,

First, welcome to this diverse community. Inshallah (God willing) you will find TTI beneficial and resourceful.

Please be careful with some of the sites that you visit on the internet. There is alot of propoganda on Islam on the internet as well, but alhamdulillah you have this site, where Muslims from all over the world can explain and help you understand your questions about Islam.

We have an open door policy, so please do not hesitate to ask ANY questions. We have brothers/sisters that will be more than willing to extend their hand and knowledge to help you on your quest to the beauties & bounties of Islam.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Peace

Mairo

Maryama
Warm welcome to you and bravo on your search to understand Islam. This is a great website with a lot of accurate information posted about Islam, I hope you will find it to be a good source for you.

Best wishes to you, and by all means do not hesitate to post your questions here in this forum, there are many brothers and sisters who would be more than happy to answer.

God bless

AnAngelofWood

Thankful for my deen
Thank you

Thank you so much to everyone for your kind and loving welcome. I feel that I have found the place I needed to be in order to advance on this journey enlightenment.

gazkour

Welcome!

Hi Yvonne:

May Allah give you what are longing for,
May Allah quench your thrist,
May Allah guide you to the best.

We'll do all we can to answer your questions and doubts, but above all, always keep asking God to open your heart to the truth.

and Welcome again! :hijabi:

dianek

Asalam Aleykum Yvonne!!!

Congratulations on your search for knowledge and welcome to this WONDERFUL FAMILY here at tti. I am a new revert and am learning still but if there is anything I can offer I will! And THANK YOU so much for being open minded and sincere..........May God guide you on the path to your quest for salvation. WELCOME SIS!!!!

sajjuaiah

Hello There,

Very warm welcome to this beautiful community.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions/clarifications you may have.

Inshallah, You will definetly find the TTI useful.

May Allah guide to those who have God consious.

Be thankful to Allah the most high, trying to show you the right direction.

“And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a
him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever
puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish
purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things”[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]

Surely, the religion (i.e. the worship and the obedience) is for Allâh only. And those who take Auliyâ' (protectors and helpers) besides Him (say): "We worship them only that they may bring us near to Allâh." Verily, Allâh will judge between them concerning that wherein they differ. Truly, Allâh guides not him who is a liar, and a disbeliever. Chapter: Az-Zumar (39) Verse #: 3

Waiting to hear from you soon.

Sajid

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Peace to you Yvonne,

Welcome to TTI!

We are more than willing to answer your questions. :)
Please browse through the articles as well as videos our fellow members have provided.
And of course, enjoy your stay here!

P.S: You can p.m so we can communicate with each other.

Inshallah

Yvonne,

Our circumstances are similiar.... I was raised christian, but had questions. I began investigating Islam 18 months ago, & have had a lot of my questions answered. I'm reading the Quran for the third time, which helped with a lot of misconceptions.... and I highly recommend reading it.

I, too, am a newbie to this web site. Hopefully, we can increase our knowledge & prosper as a result. The search for Truth is of the upmost importance.

:SMILY139:

isabelelsherif

welcome to this wonderful website it has so much information that will help you and you can ask anything you want there will always be someone that will be able to answer your questions i am a new i just made my shahadah yesterday but if there is anything i can help you with please let me know also where do you live, is there a local mosque sometimes depending on the mosque they offer classes for non muslims or new muslims

anyway good luck in finding all the information you need

:tti_sister:

hassenali

obedience to Allah
welcome to tti Yvonne,you are at the right place and amoung the right people, dont feel shy and dont waste time ask your question, I am sure somebody will find the answer for you. Insha Allah

Bluegazer

Hello Yvonne,

Welcome to this forum.

Please check out the following link that shows documentaries about Islam produced by some Western companies. You'll be very surprised by what you'll learn:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88428&postcount=5

Also, check out the books found on the following link:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116206&postcount=5

I must say that I was struck by your post #1 on this thread. It offered a brief background about yourself and showed your willingness to learn and your desire to be open minded. And it felt like you're truly sincere in seeking knowledge about Islam.

Thank you for taking the time to visit this forum, and I wish you a happy stay here.

Regards,

Bluegazer

nobbyv

Abu Maryam
Assalamualaikum...Peace be upon you...

Sister Yvonne, we welcome you from the bottom of our hearts to this forum... GOD willing, your questions will be answered...

AnAngelofWood

Thankful for my deen
welcome to this wonderful website it has so much information that will help you and you can ask anything you want there will always be someone that will be able to answer your questions i am a new i just made my shahadah yesterday but if there is anything i can help you with please let me know also where do you live, is there a local mosque sometimes depending on the mosque they offer classes for non muslims or new muslims

anyway good luck in finding all the information you need

:tti_sister:

This is something that I am not sure about. I don't know where a mosque is anywhere near Dayton, OH. I believe there may be one near Cincinnati, but that is quite a distance away from me. Although, it is a distance I am willing to travel if such an opportunity for learning is available there and my work schedule would permit. I wasn't sure if I would be welcome there.

In the Mormon (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) church we have our meeting houses, or churches and then we have the temples. Everyone is welcome to attend meetings held in our meeting houses. However, the temples can only be attended by members of the church who are active and found to be worthy of doing so, as the work there is sacred and is not to be flaunted. I didn't know if a mosque was like the temples or if they were open like the meeting houses to people who are trying to learn about the Muslim faith.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Welcome to the site!! the best place to get information about Islam is to read the Quran and Hadiths of the Prophet (PBUH). do be aware and careful of Biased oppions online and in some books.