New to site

Eesh921

I'm not sure where to begin. I am a new Shahada and I am struggling with letting go of old behaviors. I am 42 years old and unmarried, but my intentions are to fulfill the other half of my deen. I have recently given in to my physical desires and I am now feeling extremely guilty, and unworthy of calling myself a muslim. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me get past this guilt and become a good Muslima. I need some suggestions on what to do now.

Assalamalikum. If you are feeling really sorry for what you did then it will be considered as a mistake. Since Allah is the most merciful. just pray 2 rakah salatul tawbah. And dont repeat the same mistake again

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Assalamu alaykum sister,
MashaAllah, welcome to Islam and TTI.Allah has guided you sister to this faith of submission to His will.Well sister now that you are a Muslim,when you reverted to Islam you were as sinless as pure as a new born baby Allah forgave all your past sins the.Alhamdulillah!If you sin after that then the best thing to do is repent...Taubah...ask forgiveness from Allah for He is oft -forgiving Most Merciful and expect his mercy for Allah says in the Qur'an::

“Say, ‘O My servants, who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins, for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most-Merciful.’” (39:53)
So do not despair sister.
Secondly yeah I know habits die hard but certain habits can be changed like for example I've heared that Hazrat 'Umar Farooq (May Allah be pleased with him) had a habit of anger he changed it into anger for kufr and haram things so habits can be controlled you see they arise from Nafs.Seek refuge in Allah from the evil of everything and abstain from following the vain desires be it yours or others.Thats the best .Besides that keep a company of good Muslims around you,mashaAllah as you are here now inshaAllah you will get it :) ,besides that 'Unoccupied mind is devil's workshop' so try to keep yourself busy either in the deen of Allah or the wordly things necessary regular stuff.Dhikr is the best way to repel evil thoughts,so it will be quite helpful as well.In the days of my Jahiliyah I used to suffered from such things as well;I asked my cousin who used to be a contrast to a good Muslimah :astag: but now Alhamdulillah :) she is what you can call a good Muslimah 'How did you leave all those things baji?'
She told me that 'Just like when you are fasting you abstain from food and drink,likewise think of this life as a fast and abstain from evil and ractise that which is good.'
So this really had an amazing effect on me and am sure inshaAllah you will benefit from it as well. :)
Oh well quite a long lecture sorry ,I am feeling like my college lecturer now:SMILY47: lol.
Praying for you inshaAllah :salah:
Do remember me in your prayers as well.

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
:salam2:
WeLCoMe To TTi
enjoy your stay here and if you want you can check the forums in TTI

Turn To Islam Start
Help Using Website
Introduce Yourself!

General Discussions
TurnToIslam Lounge !
Islamic Discussion
New and Current Affairs

TTI Member Central
His and Hers World
Word Games
Islamic Poetry
Learn Arabic

Islamic Files and Downloads @ TurnToIslam.Com
TurnToIslam Media Library
Quran Mp3 Downloads and Links
Nasheed/ Poetry Mp3 downloads.
Islamic Pictures
Mobile Zone

Islamic Media Section
New Muslim Video
Learn About Islam Videos
Quran Video
Nasheeds, Poems and Duas
Muslim Children Video
Muslim History Video
Learn How To do Prayer and Ablution Video

Islamic Articles Library
Islamic Articles And Important Information

Current Affairs Media Section
Palestine Video
Lebanon War
Iraq Video
Other Videos
Islamophobia

Other Languages
Arabic
Bosnian
French
German
Spanish
Portuguese
Italian
Dutch
Russian
Romanian

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
I'm not sure where to begin. I am a new Shahada and I am struggling with letting go of old behaviors. I am 42 years old and unmarried, but my intentions are to fulfill the other half of my deen. I have recently given in to my physical desires and I am now feeling extremely guilty, and unworthy of calling myself a muslim. I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me get past this guilt and become a good Muslima. I need some suggestions on what to do now.

:salam2: Sister,

If you are feeling guilty of the sin you have committed then you are already a "good Muslimah". :ma: Allah (SWT) loves it when his slave come to him and repent, and ask for his forgiveness. Just do not make a habit of it and you will be fine.

When you ask for forgiveness, you should do it with the intention that you will not repeat this sin again. But if despite your sincerity you again commit that sin then ask forgiveness again and Allah will forgive you if you ask with sincerity and purity of heart, because Allah is Al-Ghafoor. He forgives.

This is the month of Ramadan, this month is specially blessed to get Allah's forgiveness. Allah says that if his servant has sin as big as this earth and he/she asks for his forgiveness, he will forgive.

So rejoice my dear sister and trust in Allah that he loves you and will forgive all your sins if you ask his forgiveness. May Allah (SWT) make you a "muttaqi" and exemplary Muslimah and grant you Jannah Al-Firdous in the hereafter. Ameen.
:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

He who Creates is the One who Forgives. His Mercy has no bounds. Islam gives us Peace. Welcome sister welcome. If we were sinless would we be human. Welcome home. If you ever feel the need for comfort just write to us. We are a good source of comfort and joy. Sometimes, my children like to argue on this site and I tell them to go to bed. I am the "mommy" here. If you ever need to talk, vent, and whatever you are welcome to PM me.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

WELCOME TO TTI:):):):)

The first thing that you done was acknowledge that you made a mistake and you feel remorseful. That in itself is not a easy thing to do. You need to repent to Allah for what you have done and be sincere in your heart. Allah is merciful and promises to forgive us if we repent. Make Du'aa and ask Allah to take these temptations away from you that make you want to fall into that sin. Inshallah through making Du'aa consistently about removing these tempatation you will grow to hate that sin you committed.

May Allah increase your Iman and guide you on the straight path. Ameen:tti_sister:

zulfikar

:salam2: Sister,

If you are feeling guilty of the sin you have committed then you are already a "good Muslimah". :ma: Allah (SWT) loves it when his slave come to him and repent, and ask for his forgiveness. Just do not make a habit of it and you will be fine.

When you ask for forgiveness, you should do it with the intention that you will not repeat this sin again. But if despite your sincerity you again commit that sin then ask forgiveness again and Allah will forgive you if you ask with sincerity and purity of heart, because Allah is Al-Ghafoor. He forgives.

This is the month of Ramadan, this month is specially blessed to get Allah's forgiveness. Allah says that if his servant has sin as big as this earth and he/she asks for his forgiveness, he will forgive.

So rejoice my dear sister and trust in Allah that he loves you and will forgive all your sins if you ask his forgiveness. May Allah (SWT) make you a "muttaqi" and exemplary Muslimah and grant you Jannah Al-Firdous in the hereafter. Ameen.
:wasalam:

Very very very true

alfaris_1972

assalamo alaycom

how are you ?
RAMADAN KARIM...
may the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you...
I send you this message filled with love and greetings.
I send it to you from a heart that loves you for the sake of Allah
and I ask Him to bring us together in the abode of His Benedictions and Mercy.thanks very well for your charming letter...
this site help you :

http://www.muhajabah.com/intro.htm
http://www.alketab.com/default.asp
your brother
abderrahman

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin

We're only human and we're expected to make mistakes but as a muslim we have Allah to turn back to. Allah will never abandon you unless you chose yourself to abandon Him.
I suggest you take it easy and resort to salah and dua and a little bit of patience will bring you a long way. Maybe try fasting to cool thing down and contact any nearest sisters for help.
Lastly, don't be despair to ask forgiveness from Allah

May Allah make it easier for you and strenghtened your iman inshallah.

Wassalam

Omar (ex Andrey)

toLive&DieForAllah!
Welcome to the site, sister!

Ramadan is a month of wonders, read this ayat & you'll feel much happier

6- Livestock (Al-An'am)
[6:54] When those who believe in our revelations come to you, you shall say, "Salmun `Alaykum (Peace be upon you). Your Lord has decreed that mercy is His attribute. Thus, anyone among you who commits a transgression out of ignorance, and repents thereafter and reforms, then He is Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Happy Ramadan!

Omar:salah: