New to Site

AsapHobby

Hi all, my name is Raj. It's not actually my real name, but for now I want to avoid using it in my posts so that my family members and friends don't find out about my interest in Islam.

I just graduated from college, and lately I have been thinking a lot about spirituality and religion. My parents are immigrants to the US from India. My mother is Hindu and my father is Sikh. My family was very liberal regarding religion and did not educate me much about it when I was a kid so I have never truly experienced religion besides some camps and Sunday schools at mandirs and gurudwaras.

I know very little about Islam except the bare basics. Whatever I have read seems possible, but I haven't reached the stage where I can 100% believe it as fact. Only if I reach this level of full belief will I be comfortable taking such a big step as conversion.

I hope you can help me reach the best decision for me whatever it may be and I look forward to learning from you all. Thanks.

Last edited:

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Hello Raj. Well it seems like you have taken the most important step which is opening up your heart and wanting to really learn about the correct and true religion. May Allah(God) make it easy for you to find the truth and may Allah give you true guidance. My best advice is, in addition to researching and reading about Islam, you need to ask and beg Allah to guide you to the truth. Allah is all hearing and all seeing and indeed He will grant you your wishes and desires of they are good.

Peace.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Peace with you Raj

Welcome to TTI forum. Feel free to ask what you like to know about islam, we try to help you as well we can.

You are right, you need to search more information and need to be 100% sure about islam. Many members here are reverts (including me, about 20 years ago) so we understand well your situation.

:)

Abdur_Rahman1

Da'wah Man 2.0
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh Raj,

Welcome to the site:SMILY206:. May Allah make your path to Islam easy. I'll post below, insha'Allah, some beneficial links.

http://turntoislam.com/community/th...or-and-sustainer-of-the-universe.2432/?t=2432 ( Who is Allah)

http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/what-is-a-muslim.2426/?t=2426 ( What is a Muslim)

http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/proof-of-allahs-existance-from-the-noble-quran.2668/?t=2668 ( Proof of Allah's Existance from the Noble Quran

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB8617773327ABB17 ( Introduction to islam playlist)

Peace~

Last edited:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Hello Raj, welcome to the site. We will do our best to help you with any questions you may have. =)

zaman-gm

Hi all, my name is Raj. It's not actually my real name, but for now I want to avoid using it in my posts so that my family members and friends don't find out about my interest in Islam.

I just graduated from college, and lately I have been thinking a lot about spirituality and religion. My parents are immigrants to the US from India. My mother is Hindu and my father is Sikh. My family was very liberal regarding religion and did not educate me much about it when I was a kid so I have never truly experienced religion besides some camps and Sunday schools at mandirs and gurudwaras.

I know very little about Islam except the bare basics. Whatever I have read seems possible, but I haven't reached the stage where I can 100% believe it as fact. Only if I reach this level of full belief will I be comfortable taking such a big step as conversion.

I hope you can help me reach the best decision for me whatever it may be and I look forward to learning from you all. Thanks.
Salamyou Brother. Welcome this site. In Sha Allah will try as much as we can. By this time please connect with your local scholar of Islam.

May Allah bless you and your Family. Ameen.

hello Raj ! bro if you are really interested in Islam and you want true guidance, you may listen to he lectures of Dr.Zakir naik. He is a great Muslim and he had help many of the new Muslims in conversion of religion. May Allah bless you with ISlam and true belief and you become a Muslim.

AsapHobby

Thank you everyone. I've been watching Dr. Naik's lectures as recommended and they are really fascinating. Also in the meantime, while I'm not currently participating in Ramadan, I am learning a lot through observation. Thanks for your suggestions!

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Thank you everyone. I've been watching Dr. Naik's lectures as recommended and they are really fascinating. Also in the meantime, while I'm not currently participating in Ramadan, I am learning a lot through observation. Thanks for your suggestions!
You're welcome ! Any questions \ doubts you have ? =)

AsapHobby

You're welcome ! Any questions \ doubts you have ? =)

I feel that I'm just about ready to take shahada, so I was wondering if there is any benefit to do it while Ramadan is going on or it doesn't matter. On one hand, I'm willing to wait until the end of Ramadan because I would have to begin fasting immediately and my family would come to know about my conversion. On the other hand, part of me doesn't want to wait because anything can happen to my life in the time being. What do you advise?

Last edited:

Eman Yousuf

welcome Raj, may Allah make your path easy in accepting Islam (openly), ameen.
There are many scholars whose video you can watch on you tube like Tauseef ur rahman, Mufti Menk, etc. but right now Dr. Zakir Naik is the best for you.

Rest , you can always take help from TTI.

:SMILY206::shahadah:

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
I feel that I'm just about ready to take shahada, so I was wondering if there is any benefit to do it while Ramadan is going on or it doesn't matter. On one hand, I'm willing to wait until the end of Ramadan because I would have to begin fasting immediately and my family would come to know about my conversion. On the other hand, part of me doesn't want to wait because anything can happen to my life in the time being. What do you advise?
Sorry for being late . Don't hesitate brother , as you said , you cannot guarantee what will happen to your life till Ramadan ends :)
Regarding fasting , I had the same situation with a brother who converted and is facing difficulties with his family bcz they doubt that his has converted and if they confirmed that it will put him in a bad situation with them , they are very Islamophobic .I asked my uncle who is a Shaikh , he said it's ok to break his fast and he can fast after Ramadan the same numbers of days he did not . So compare it to yours and take the decision :)