New to the Site

Chris Hawkins

Hello everyone,
My name is Chris and I am now reading the Quran. I have read a book called"What do Muslims believe" which lead me to the Quran.

I am still in the investagative phase of my journey but so far I am quite impressed with the teaching's of Allah and The Prophet(pbun).
My whole life I have recognized there is only one god and He is merciful. Unfortunately, like many others that were forced into religion by thier parents I was reluctant to embrace true faith. Now that I have a family of my own I feel as though I need to teach and guide my children, Insallah.
I really look forward to learning more about Islam.
Chris

AdamMuslim

Besm Allah,
Welcome brother,
Islam is the religion of common sense.
All those who make an objective research (Without prior thought)
on Islam will love it.
Because it is universal and without contradiction.

Hope you will join us,

Salam

OsMaN_93

Here to help
peace be upon you!:D
WELCOME.. you have come to the right place:)

feel free to ask any questions...
hopefully you will learn, benefit and enjoy your stay !!!

looking forward for your next post
peace be upon you!

OsMaN_93

Here to help
5 minutes introduction to islam
A 5 minute introduction to islam for non-muslims and muslims who want to clear their basic concept about islam... This video should clear some basic misconception about islam insyaallah...

[yt]ZHujiWd49l4[/yt]

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Welcome Chris,
Islam is the biggest family in the world of more than 1.6 billions muslims in the world. recently Catholic church of Roman published that muslims now are majority more than Catholics.
Greeting from brother in Islam, Manchester.

s 091

hi I hope that reading the quran opens your eyes as much as it is doing for me. If like me once you start reading it all seems to make sense and opens your eyes to the beauty that is within islam.

meer suhail

ILM seeker
welcome chris ,
hope u enjoy ur stay
fell free to ask questions
best wishes
May Allah guide us as all

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; and there is none like unto Him." (Holy Qur'an,
112:1-4)

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
Islam is coooooool......

:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:

Dear Chris,

welcome to the community of muslims and thank you for asking about Islam.

Firstly, Islam is cool and Allah guided whoever whom He wishes

Pray directly to Him for guidance and you will find your journey much much more

rewarding, Insha Allah

Love to hear from you again Chris, wassalam.

salahdin

In the Name of Allâh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful
Hallo chris and welcome to this wonder religion our prophet (peace be upon him) said

Acquire knowledge, it enables its professor to distinguish right from wrong; it lights the way to heaven. It is our friend in the desert, our company in solitude and companion when friendless. It guides us to happiness, it sustains us in misery, it is an ornament amongst friends and an armour against enemies." (widely attributed to the Prophet Mohammed (pbuh)and thats what you are doing may ALLAH THE KNOWER OF THE VISIBLE AND UNVISIBLE GUIDE TO THE STRAIGHT PATH .

Sir George Bernard Shaw in 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936

"If any religion had the chance of ruling over England, nay Europe within the next hundred years, it could be Islam."
“I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion for from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Savior of Humanity."
"I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today.”

A Muslim Boy

May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be upon you all.

welcome dear, Chris..may Allah make open your heart for the right way InShaAllah..

and well done brother, you are walking on the right way InShaAllah,,

Allah said : "Verily, this Qur'an guides to that which is most just and right and gives glad tidings to the believers (in the Oneness of Allah and His Messenger, Muhammad PBUH), who work deeds of righteousness, that they shall have a great reward (Praradise).

I will keep praying for you, Chris InShaAllah :) and welcome again between your family :)

ohhockleng

Welcome Chris. I hope god will guide you to the religion of truth. Just ask around here for questions if you are unsure.

palestine

Servant of Allah
welcome chris to the islamic global family. we are happy that you are studying and learning. thank you for not juding without knowing. we are glad you are here and u are welcome at all times. any questions- shout it out to us. we are here for you.

A Kashmiri

Walaikum sallam

Welcome to the forum Chris.

You are right, it is important that we as humans who have been created as superior being on earth recognise the One God, and you are right it is our duty not only to save ourselves but our families with the right Faith which is Islam. Islam is the only religion which recognises God as one in words and practice.

Inshallah when you will further read and understand Quran and life of the prophet you will clearly understand the truthfulness of Islam.

سُوۡرَةُ الإخلاص
بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

قُلۡ هُوَ ٱللَّهُ أَحَدٌ (١) ٱللَّهُ ٱلصَّمَدُ (٢) لَمۡ يَلِدۡ وَلَمۡ يُولَدۡ (٣) وَلَمۡ يَكُن لَّهُ ۥ ڪُفُوًا أَحَدُۢ (
٤)

Say: He is Allah the One and Only; (1) Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; (2) He begetteth, not nor is He begotten; (3) And there is none like unto Him. (4)

See you around inshallah (God Willing )

Masallama

Chris Hawkins

Thanks for such a warm welcome everyone.

I am learning more and more each day!

I am meeting with the Imman from my local masjid on may 4th.

ummm just a question for all the other converts out there, Were you scared that you might make the testimony of faith and then find yourself disobeying?
I am a little frightened of this.... as it sitts right now.... i am going to hell for sure
sorry I am rammbling....
Chris

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum brother!

May Allah guide you and us to the right path.

When it comes to faith, a muslim is adviced to take the middle path and that is to live in fear of hell and hope of heaven.

As much as we are responsible for everthing we do, Allah on the other hand is most merciful.

"....and despair not of Allah's mercy; surely none despairs of Allah's mercy except the unbelieving people."

Quran 12:87

So keep faith and keep hope brother

Wassalamu alaikum

May Allah guide

Salaam, Chris:SMILY206:
Keep reading. Read,Read and Read more. Get to know your God (Allah) and he will guide you. Keep your eyes in the books and your head on the floor. :salah: Your heart will follow naturally. Chris, also remember you just upset shaitaan :angryred: very much. He will come at you left and right. He will try to distract you. Be strong.
Mubarak