Newly Converted

Assala Mulaikum bothers and sisters! I just converted to Islam last month April 2013, my family doesn't know about it yet because they are against it however it's my will and I feel that this where I belong. I am praying to almighty Allah that when that they will come that they will know about my change of religion they will understand and support me, and I am asking for your prayers also that I would be successful on my road to Islam.

fatma_said

Walaikum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh
May I be the first here to congratulate you on the guidance you have received from Allah. I sincerely pray Allah safeguards you always and that Allah accepts your dua. Do you have any muslim contacts or have any masjids close to you so that you can receive information and support?

Layankj

Wa Aaleikom Assalaam dear sister Maria Kristine,

Congratulations on this blessing, AlHamdulillaahi. As a revert myself, I always feel so honoured and grateful to be among those whom Allah has chosen to accept Islaam.. Sister welcome to the website, if you have any questions or challenges you can PM me aswell as share them here on the forum. We also have a sisters only page.

May Allah give us strenght and increase us in knowledge Amin

From sister Layan

SDAOnline

Welkome To The Path of Heaven Sister - May Allah Accept your Prayers and In sha Allah your family will support you.

Sidra Rasib

MUSLiiM PRiiNCESS
Wa alaykum Asalaam,

Congrats sister i'm so happy for you, May Allah fill your life with blessings and may he make it easier for you to live your life for his sake. I hope it all goes well with telling the family, Inshallah they will understand and hopefully they will see how beautiful Islam is through your practice/s. Take care :)

Thank you so much everyone :SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252: Alhamdulillah everything will be fine, I am always praying to God that he would help me and I have faith and I believe in our God, Insha Allah :)
I am also happy that I am getting support from this site from all my brothers and sisters in Islam.:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252:

ahmet hakan

don't you worry sister you are at the right way.if you want you can hide your feelings than you can pray hiddenly but never change your mind only allah can jugde us dont forget this.

M

maryam88

The definition of Islam.

The root of the word Islam, silm, refers to "making peace, being in a mutually peaceful environment, greetings, rescue, safety, being secure, finding peace, reaching salvation and well being or being far from danger, attaining goodness, comfort and favor, keeping away from troubles and disasters, submitting the self and obeying, respect, being far from wrong." The "submitting the self and obeying" here means "submitting to justice and righteousness in order to reach peace and safety and being in a peaceful environment by one's free will." In fact, salaam and salaamat, mean "to reach salvation," and their rubai form (with four radical letters) aslama means "submitted, became Muslim, and made peace." "Islam" as either a noun or a verb with these meanings is mentioned in many verses in the Qur'an.1

From this perspective, Islam is "submission to God, accepting His authority as well as obeying His orders"; "one's total submission to God and serving only Him"; "embracing the messages of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and abiding by them." In this sense, a Muslim is one who is under the peaceful and safe shade of Islam. God wants a Muslim to live in a safe and peaceful environment and to make efforts for the spread and continuity of peace.

Since Islam means living in a peaceful environment that emerges as a result of submission to God, the Qur'an asks that all humanity should embrace silm, that is, peace, and reminds us to avoid following Satan. As stated in the verse, O you who believe! Come in full submission to God, all of you, (without allowing any discord among you due to worldly reasons), and do not follow in the footsteps of Satan, for indeed he is a manifest enemy to you (seeking to seduce you to rebel against God, with glittering promises) (Qur'an, 2:208), Satan is the enemy of peace. This verse is followed by a reminder of God's All-Glorious with irresistible might if believers "stumble and fall back" from following God's way to realize peace and agreement.

The purpose of Islam
In order to be able portray a fair image of Islam, we have to consider its divinely inspired purposes, which yield, as a result, a just worldly order. By applying preventive measures to ensure security of wealth, life, mind, religion, and reproduction, Islam aims to build a society in peace, serenity, friendship, collaboration, altruism, justice, and virtue.

According to the Qur'an, all Muslims are brothers and sisters to each other and if a disagreement appears among them they make peace and correct it (Qur'an, 49:10). They help each other to avoid what God forbids and to observe their religious awareness at every stage in their life (Qur'an, 5:2); they carry out important tasks after shura, that is, consultation (Qur'an, 3:159; 42:38); and they always witness truthfully and are just even if it is against their close relatives (Qur'an, 4:135).

Again, as mentioned in the Qur'an, a true Muslim follows the straight path. That means that he or she is faithful, honest, and just, is calm, lives to perfectly observe his or her religion and in guidance of reason.2 Pursuing the straight path can be understood as being absolutely truthful and honest in all circumstances, as well as embracing a moderate way of life that encourages good relations with everyone.

Living on the straight path is the most significant desire for any Muslim. Upon the revelation of the verse, Pursue, then, what is exactly right (in every matter of the Religion), as you are commanded (by God), and those who, along with you, have turned (to God with faith, repenting their former ways, let them do likewise); and do not rebel against the bounds of the Straight Path (O believers)! He indeed sees well all that you do (Qur'an, 11:112), the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, "The chapter Hud has made me older."3 In this sense, the Companions commented on the verse, "There was no verse revealed to the Prophet Muhammad that is more powerful than this." Such a verse that so powerfully enjoins "what is right" should have the power to eradicate all kinds of violence and oppression, which are obviously not the right path to follow in social relations.

A.Abubaker

I would recommend every new Muslim in the UK to get in touch with iera, they have an excellent support and advice system in place for new converts, especially for those in UK.

Safiyah_

ma sha Allah w alhamdulilaah ! ! if u need any advise or just a chat sister feel free to contact me.. for now welcome to the beautiful deen of islaam !

Eman Yousuf

Salam alaikum ukhti

Mabrook,

I make duaa that allah (swa) gives you all the good thing of this life and hereafter ameen.
Ramadan Kareem.

SonOfAdam

Staff member
Congratulations sister. May Allah make it easy for you and your family. Just continue to respect and love your family very much and show them how being Muslim only helps you be a better person to them and others. You will know them best and the best time to tell them. Possibly just talk to one of them that is closest to you first rather than announcing it to everyone. That person will likely spread the news about your conversion anyway...

Your family is very important but also, don't forget about yourself. You cannot help anyone unless you yourself have a good foundation so focus on learning good principles and love of Allah and His Messenger SAW. Please talk to other revert Brothers and Sisters as they will have some nice advice for you. Hopefully your family will be open minded when they get the news inshallah.

kanzari

Sister Maria Kristine ,assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh
you welcome to your new li as a muslimah sister,inshaallah god guiding you to the best life ,
>>Edited by moderator<<
insha`allah khir

Last edited by a moderator:

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
>>Edited by moderator<<
For our own protection, we should not post personal details on the public forums. Please also remember this is an Islamic site, in shaa Allah

ahmad fadil

Assala Mulaikum bothers and sisters! I just converted to Islam last month April 2013, my family doesn't know about it yet because they are against it however it's my will and I feel that this where I belong. I am praying to almighty Allah that when that they will come that they will know about my change of religion they will understand and support me, and I am asking for your prayers also that I would be successful on my road to Islam.

welcome to islam