Nisaar (Yusuf) Bhai's Notes

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
A Pleasant Spouse.. A Delightful Life... A Wonderful Akhera...

by Nisaar Y. Nadiadwala on Monday, 15 August 2011 at 10:03

A friend of mine spoke to me about his choice of a Mominah. He said, " She should be a woman of taqwa, hijabi but then beneath her veil she should also be slim, tall, fair, modern, smart , fantastic English speaking and also modern dressed....." I replied," O so you are looking for a Barbie shaped Cindrella beneath the veil !"

There is an English saying.. A man goes in the search of peace and tranquility through out the world and returns back home to find it. If we elaborate from the Qur'anic view point we can go to Surah Rum ch 30, verse 21 : And among His signs are.. He created mates for you from yourselves so that YOU MAY FIND SUKOON IN THEM... The word sukoon means peace, tranquility. As I say a house is built by bricks but a home is built by hearts. The same verse also elaborates this statement. .. and Allah created mawwadatun wa rahmah among them.. Mawwadatun means love, affection and care, and Rahmah means mercy. These qualities cannot be learnt in workshops and seminars. It is a monopoly of Allah to put these qualities in our hearts.No tablets no syrups just kun fayakoon.. Be and it happens.

There are four things that makes a person bestowed the best in this world and the here-after : A Grateful Heart,a tongue that constantly remembers Allah, a body that bears patiently (Pyshcological, physical, finanacial and emotional ) hardships and a Mominah wife... All these four qualities are also essential for your matrimional life to be happy. If you judge your spouse from the eyes of other people or from the yardsticks of materialism then you don't possess a grateful heart , rather you will be contstantly regretting your marriage with him.

If you dont remember Allah and are careless towards your duty to Allah then you can never be grateful to humans too. If you dont be firmly with your spouse when he or she is going through a rough weather then you are a weak spouse and have missed out many strong things in life.

It is essential that your wife is a Mominah.Let us understand the term mominah in the context of the abopve mentioned hadith. Allah gave the best women of that time to our beloved messenger (pbuh). each of his wife had a unique quality that benefitted the Ummah.

Khadeejah's wealth was thrown open for the poor in the way of Allah when very few people supported Islam. It was a unique feat that Jibrael came and greeted her !The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) was so pleased with Aisha r.a. that he certified : Aisha my wife in this world and here-after...After the death of the Prophet Aisha r.a was a teacher of sahaba and Tabeein. She carried on the the legacy of passing on the knowledge of fiqh to the later generation. Zainab bint Khuzaima r.a. was the most charitable among the women. She was called Ummul Masakeen.

Asma bint Abu Bakr wife of Zubair bin Awwam r.a.a. was so aware of her husband's gheerah that she was always careful about it. Once she was walking down the hot desert with some material on her head and the Prophet (pbuh ) passed by on a camel. Seeing her plight the noble Prophet offered her the back seat of the camel but she recalled her husband's gheerah and refused the offer (al-Bukhaari (4823) and Muslim (4050)…). Gheerah means self respect and possessiveness.

A good wife is one whose husband is pleased to see her says a popular authentic hadith. Now when does this pleasant smile become due on the face of her husband? Imagine a husband returning home tired and exhausted after a hectic day in office and strugggling traffic and finds his wife waiting with loads of complains about his mother or children or neighbors.. if this is a daily routine then ? A nagging wife or a nagging husband rarely cause a pleasant smile. .. A fussy husband always criticizing his wife's style of dressing because the well dressed young lady in his office appears more impressable to him cannot generate a charm on his wife's face. He is fuzzy about food and other things too. One of our biggest problem in generating happiness in our matrimonial life is that we have errected many 'fantasy parameters' for our happiness. These fantasies are borrowed from modern culture of glamour and richness.

A pleasant spouse (this is for both husband and wife) fits in this verse : The believing men and believing women are auliya of each other, they command good and forbid evil......Read Surah Toubah verse 71 for more details and examine if we really encourage our spouse in good things or pull him/her down? Do we stop him/her from haram or just nag and complain to our mothers and sisters and friends regarding him/her....

Moral of the Lesson? If you want a pleasant spouse she also has a right to have a pleasant spouse.. so the search is within our selves and efforts on our selves to be qualified to be that dream spouse every Momin and Mominah craves for....

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:

:jazaak: for sharing this brother,very important for us. I lol'd at "O so you are looking for a Barbie shaped Cindrella beneath the veil !"
One of my friends expressed a similar wish lol.

:wasalam:

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
:salam2:

:jazaak: for sharing this brother,very important for us. I lol'd at "O so you are looking for a Barbie shaped Cindrella beneath the veil !"
One of my friends expressed a similar wish lol.

:wasalam:
wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh
barak Allahu feek... I smiled at that too.. hehe.

Quoting Nisaar Y. Nadiawala "FANTASY Parameters"
*smiles*

May Allah give you a beautiful, pious and righteous spouse.
wassalaamu alaykkum.

esperanza

revert of many years
by Nisaar Y. Nadiadwala on Monday, 15 August 2011 at 10:03

A friend of mine spoke to me about his choice of a Mominah. He said, " She should be a woman of taqwa, hijabi but then beneath her veil she should also be slim, tall, fair, modern, smart , fantastic English speaking and also modern dressed....." I replied," O so you are looking for a Barbie shaped Cindrella beneath the veil !"

There is an English saying.. A man goes in the search of peace and tranquility through out the world and returns back home to find it. If we elaborate from the Qur'anic view point we can go to Surah Rum ch 30, verse 21 : And among His signs are.. He created mates for you from yourselves so that YOU MAY FIND SUKOON IN THEM... The word sukoon means peace, tranquility. As I say a house is built by bricks but a home is built by hearts. The same verse also elaborates this statement. .. and Allah created mawwadatun wa rahmah among them.. Mawwadatun means love, affection and care, and Rahmah means mercy. These qualities cannot be learnt in workshops and seminars. It is a monopoly of Allah to put these qualities in our hearts.No tablets no syrups just kun fayakoon.. Be and it happens.

There are four things that makes a person bestowed the best in this world and the here-after : A Grateful Heart,a tongue that constantly remembers Allah, a body that bears patiently (Pyshcological, physical, finanacial and emotional ) hardships and a Mominah wife... All these four qualities are also essential for your matrimional life to be happy. If you judge your spouse from the eyes of other people or from the yardsticks of materialism then you don't possess a grateful heart , rather you will be contstantly regretting your marriage with him.

If you dont remember Allah and are careless towards your duty to Allah then you can never be grateful to humans too. If you dont be firmly with your spouse when he or she is going through a rough weather then you are a weak spouse and have missed out many strong things in life.

It is essential that your wife is a Mominah.Let us understand the term mominah in the context of the abopve mentioned hadith. Allah gave the best women of that time to our beloved messenger (pbuh). each of his wife had a unique quality that benefitted the Ummah.

Khadeejah's wealth was thrown open for the poor in the way of Allah when very few people supported Islam. It was a unique feat that Jibrael came and greeted her !The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) was so pleased with Aisha r.a. that he certified : Aisha my wife in this world and here-after...After the death of the Prophet Aisha r.a was a teacher of sahaba and Tabeein. She carried on the the legacy of passing on the knowledge of fiqh to the later generation. Zainab bint Khuzaima r.a. was the most charitable among the women. She was called Ummul Masakeen.

Asma bint Abu Bakr wife of Zubair bin Awwam r.a.a. was so aware of her husband's gheerah that she was always careful about it. Once she was walking down the hot desert with some material on her head and the Prophet (pbuh ) passed by on a camel. Seeing her plight the noble Prophet offered her the back seat of the camel but she recalled her husband's gheerah and refused the offer (al-Bukhaari (4823) and Muslim (4050)…). Gheerah means self respect and possessiveness.

A good wife is one whose husband is pleased to see her says a popular authentic hadith. Now when does this pleasant smile become due on the face of her husband? Imagine a husband returning home tired and exhausted after a hectic day in office and strugggling traffic and finds his wife waiting with loads of complains about his mother or children or neighbors.. if this is a daily routine then ? A nagging wife or a nagging husband rarely cause a pleasant smile. .. A fussy husband always criticizing his wife's style of dressing because the well dressed young lady in his office appears more impressable to him cannot generate a charm on his wife's face. He is fuzzy about food and other things too. One of our biggest problem in generating happiness in our matrimonial life is that we have errected many 'fantasy parameters' for our happiness. These fantasies are borrowed from modern culture of glamour and richness.

A pleasant spouse (this is for both husband and wife) fits in this verse : The believing men and believing women are auliya of each other, they command good and forbid evil......Read Surah Toubah verse 71 for more details and examine if we really encourage our spouse in good things or pull him/her down? Do we stop him/her from haram or just nag and complain to our mothers and sisters and friends regarding him/her....

Moral of the Lesson? If you want a pleasant spouse she also has a right to have a pleasant spouse.. so the search is within our selves and efforts on our selves to be qualified to be that dream spouse every Momin and Mominah craves for....

thank you for this we can all learn from this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh
barak Allahu feek... I smiled at that too.. hehe.

Quoting Nisaar Y. Nadiawala "FANTASY Parameters"
*smiles*

May Allah give you a beautiful, pious and righteous spouse.
wassalaamu alaykkum.

wa alaykumassalaam,
Jazakallah khayr for your dua Ameen to your dua and May Allah grant you a beautiful,pious and righteous spouse as well.Ameen.
Keep posting ,inshaAllah
wasalam

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Modesty in Men...An Overlooked Characteristic

Modesty in Men...An Overlooked Characteristic
by Nisaar Y. Nadiadwala on Tuesday, 16 August 2011 at 15:25

My ex editor wrote a research story during the unfamous Gujarat riots and he interviewed some Gujarati females of Ahmedabad and aksed them," Why do you dislike Muslims so much ?" Among the many answers he noted down there was one which struck my attention " Their men cover their women with burkha but have affairs with our girls..! The impact of immodest media and liberal education system has taken a toll on the Modesty of many Muslim young men. This has given rise to some very wrong attitudes in their minds tawards the modest way of Islamic life and at times also brings a bad name to the community

I was interviewing a young man who was a graduate from an Islamic Madrasa. While reading his biodata, i realised that he had scored excellently in in Deeniyat but it struck me that he did not have a beard except like a little carpet of harvested grass on a lawn. I asked him the reasons. Here is what he said : Look brother, I am doing post graduation in a college and and there are modern students ,besides my mother is looking for girls for me and if I keep a bit long beard, my proposals may be rejected by girls.....so I think I will keep after my marriage. This may not be true with every graduate from Madarasa but this young man surely became a victim of this attitude.

Many young men have this fear of being rejected by girls if they wear an Islamic attire of a fistful beard and an ankle length trouser. So they discard their modesty and try to befriend girls. For them good looking girls, who speak smart English and wear western outfits even behind the veil and hijab , reject a practicing Muslim man. This is not always true. Some Young Muslims male who are modest and do not mix up with girls in the campus may be taken as backward or orthodox but modesty and haya are from Emaan says the sahih hadith of Bukhari , yet they end up marrying a good practicing Muslimah.

This reminds me of my recent Dubai tour when I visited few shops to purchase goods for my family.. I spotted Muslim men who were in Islamic attire dealing with the female costumers in a very decent manner. They never looked up at their faces. That was a delightful thing to note. I wonder how delighted Allah would be upon seeing his young worshipers observing modesty !

Some exemplary people in our early generation Muslims really displayed excellent modesty, they never feared that women would reject them. Allah gave 11 wives to his bearded Prophet whose modesty resembled a shy newly wed bride. Uthman bin Affan was a modest and a shy man yet he got the privilege of marrying two daughters of the Prophet (pbuh ). It was Umar bin Khattab's sense of gheerah and modesty that made him eagerly wait for the Qur'anic verse regarding the wives of the Prophet to be revealed.

A Muslim man observes his modesty not only when it comes to the dress of his wife or daughter or sister but also in context with other people's wives. sisters and daughters. That is what we call a Modest Islamic man

------------------------------------------------------------------------

@All who posted - Barak Allahu feek for reading these(Nisaar Y. Nadiadwala's) articles.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Please keep posting his notes. They are like salve on a blister. Healing.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
When should you start to earn O Young men?

When should you start to earn O Young men?
Posted on July 12, 2011 by Nisaar Yusuf Nadiadwala

Years back during my school vacations I was instructed by my parents to attend our cloth shop and be a part of the working team. Like all young school boys I disliked working in vacations because, like everyone I too felt that vacations are just to play and enjoy. I was told that evenings were meant to play but the rest of the part of the day was to learn practical lessons of business. I had two other boys of my age working with me, who, I was told were sons of rich men. They were learning the basics of business.

Guess what were the basics of business according to them? To keep the shelf clean, to check the bills (no calculators used in those days), to pay electric bills, to talk to the customers, to pack the sold good nicely, to order tea and snacks for seniors… These are the essential and routine jobs of a business and many business houses loose lot of customers, good will and money for not paying attention to these routines. Today those two boys earn a lot of money more than many MBAs though they did not do any formal post-graduation in famous universities.

I met my friend who is already in his thirties and he wanted to do some more courses in UK, so he was looking for some sponsors. I asked him” Why don’t you earn on your own and get money for your own studies?” He said I am fond of learning and learning requires lot of time to focus so I cannot work “!!! This happens to be a common reply from many young men who are already in their mid-twenties and still depended upon their ageing fathers to pay their fees and also pocket money.

My Gujarati community is quite advanced in this manner. Teenage sons accompany their fathers to banks and help them write accounts too. If you go through the list of the students in prominent Commerce colleges of Mumbai you will see Shahs, Jhaveris, Patels…most of them gujaratis. They learn accounts and do part time jobs right from the year they join their colleges. That is the reason why almost all the Mumbai commerce colleges run from 7am to 10 am in the morning.

In my teenage we used to stay in a Gujarati locality so I got to learn a lot about their approach towards earning. A young friend of mine used to give tuitions to little children and he earned around 1000/ INR a month, to huge for a teenager in those days. Today he has taken teaching as his profession and I am told that he earns around a lac rupees a month! Another young friend of mine helped his father to run his business and by the time he graduated he took over the entire business.

Early experience in jobs, business and sales gives you an edge in your professions as well. Muslim youth should take lessons from this. After all halal earning right from early days is a part of financial education and learning practical lessons in early youth will give you a speed in moving ahead as well as make way for you to get married early (Ahem Ahem Ahem) as many of you delay marriages because you are unable to settle till you pass twenty five..

-----------------------------
@Aapa - wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

It is as Allah willed. Please remember that brother in your du'a and please remember me as well.

may Allah overlook your shortcoming and reward you with Jannat al firdaus

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Virtues Unmatched! Exemplary Ideals for Youth

Virtues Unmatched! Exemplary Ideals for Youth
by Nisaar Y. Nadiadwala on Monday, 25 July 2011 at 10:00

Let me take you to the world of the best generation on the surface of the earth to see what made them the best. These young men were the ones who brought Islam to us. NO one could match them in any field be it bravery or generosity or affection.

Abdullah ibn Umar’s r.a.respect for his parents is seen in an incident when he saw his father’s friend walking in the sun. The young Abdullah jumped down form his horse and offered the old man to ride on is animal and then he removed his turban and placed it affectionately on the man’s head !!!!! A gesture unmatched! He then recalled the Prophetic guidance : Who ever wants to be good to his parents even after their death should be good to their relatives and friends. Compare it with today’s youth. Some of them don’t even share their income with their retired parents. I have known some young men staying with their parents in the same house but secretly hiding dry fruits from their parents keeping exclusively for their wives and children.

Jabir bin Abdullah’s (r.a.) parents had died and had left 9 daughter to be brought up. So Jabir married a widow who was around his mother’s age, so that his sisters can get motherly affection. Affection unmatched!

Once, the Prophet (pbuh)was requested to pray the Salatul Janaza of a dead man. He asked, “Has the dead man left behind any debt?” It was told to him “yes” So he announced, “Is there any one who is ready to pay the debt of the dead man?” Qatadah (r.a.)was a young man in the crowd.. he said “ Yes! I will pay the debt of the dead man” Where did Qatadah (r.a.) learn this generosity from? Do we ever show readiness to pay the debt of our own father? The same Qatadah once saw his debtor shying away from him because he was unable to pay his debt to Qatadah. He called upon him and said..Go! Your debt is pardoned.

When the People of Makkah had gathered out side the house of the Prophet to kill him.. and the Prophet quietly left for Hijrah.. It was Ali the young man who took his place and slept under the blanket to hide the migration of the Prophet (pbuh). What a risk! It seemed like a hundred percent death if he was caught yet Ali offered himself.. What an unmatched love for the Prophet (pbuh)! During the battle of Khyber, a strong warrior from the enemy camp strode arrogantly before the Muslims and challenged them to come for a one to one combat. He was a heavily built and had a fearful appearance. The Prophet announced “Who will take him?” Ali the young man got up and went in.. the combat grew fierce and Ali killed the warrior. Unmatched courage !

The Qur’an is suppose to revolutionize your life and make you a practical person and not some one who just idealizes wrong people as his heroes and lives in a dream world of becoming famous and wealthy one day that would end up all his miseries. . Our youth have turned into a career oriented generation hunting for a high paid job and looking for a beautiful wife.

Today we have scores of young Muslims who queue up to join cricket coaching camps and football clubs to qualify for rich tournaments! But they ignore that being regular in masjid for prayers and being eager to reach for the next prayer, attending seminars in the Masjid to improve your knowledge, helping in masjid activities… qualifies you for being under the shade of the Arsh of Allah on the day of judgment, when there will be no other shade. But when your ideal places are Malls, sports grounds and theaters instead of Masjid then you are not the ideal youth the Qur’an calls for.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Fading Sights : The World of The Blind

Fading Sights : The World of The Blind
by Nisaar Y. Nadiadwala on Sunday, 24 July 2011 at 06:06

Outside my railway station, every evening, a young boy of 10 years stood and invoked Allah aloud. Passing people used to give him charity. He was blind. Wearing an unwashed dusty kurta, and half torn trouser he stood on the stair case spreading his little palms before the passer byes. One day I talked to him. He was like those hundreds of kids from north India whose parents cannot afford to bring them up so they send them to Mumbai and they establish a career in begging. Their place is fixed and a commission to local slum lords is regularly shared.

Just a hundred meters away from the begging place where many blind Muslims including that young boy stand, is a training center for rehabilitating the blinds. There are scores of blind men and women learning how to use a red and white stick, how to cross a road and how to find a compartment exclusively meant for handicaps. This young boy is deprived of this training which could have earned him some money to run his life. So waited for his guardian if he could permit me to admit that young boy in that training center. Late evening, a middle aged man came and I met him.. he refused it plainly and said ' This young boy is the bread winner of a family of 7 people! His parent cant afford him to waste time!'... Next day onwards the young boy stopped being there... I understood why.

In my journalism days I was given an assignment to write something on blind beggars. I met one blind on the street standing with his wife and encouraging people to give him charity ,in turn he would pray for their well being and happiness and people responded him. I interviewed him for some time. He had lost his eyes at the age of 18 due to some disease. But I could see that his wife was not blind. So I asked him the reason. He responded : Yes I married her few years back . She is from a very poor family and her father found my earnings good enough to fulfill the needs of his daughter so he got her married to me.. we have two sons and they go to a good school.. he said enthusiastically. "How much do you earn" I asked? "15,000/ a month! ".. That was more than good sales men in Mumbai earn. So it means many blind young men get beautiful fair ladies to wed if they collect few hundred rupees ever day!

I once had a blind graduate visiting me in my office. He teaches Maths to under graduates. He was inquiring about Braille Qur'an.. later on I was told that he earns almost half a lac rupees a month in teaching. Though he was blind he had adapted his life with what Allah gave him

When I read about threats of over exposure of Computer screens and mobile.. I realise that many of us are wasting Blessings of Allah that he has not given to many fellow human beings. India is now home to the world's largest number of blind people. Of the 37 million people across the globe who are blind, over 15 million are from India, says Times of India 11 Oct 2007. Of the 15 million blind people in India, three million, 26% of whom are children, suffer due to corneal disorders.

The two eyes are among such which no scientist can create in any lab. My friend who runs an optic shop told me that is one third of business is run upon kids. Walk into any optic shop and see the number of spectacles meant for kids and then think about that blind young boy who stood on the stair case begging....

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Glamorization of Crime and Obscenity

Glamorization of Crime and Obscenity
by Nisaar Y. Nadiadwala on Thursday, 18 August 2011 at 11:44

Two years back a grue some murder dominated the National newspapers of India. A navy officer flew at midnight hour from a city around 1500 miles from Mumbai and landed up at his girlfriend's flat. He caught her with another man who was an executive in a local media. As per the reports, the two men+ got into a fight and the navy man stabbed the boyfriend killing him.. the cruel story did not end here. The killer cut his body into pieces and packed in a bag and threw it away.

Now a producer from Bollywood is going ahead with the love story and has almost completed his movie. But naturally the movie will have songs, romance and everything that attracts audience. In other words a gruesome crime will be decorated with music songs and good looking actors and the murder will be beautified with masculine men indulging into fights.

Long back in April 27, 1959 a "crime of passion" sent shockwaves rippling through Bombay. A Navy commander Nanavati shot dead Prem Ahuja, a businessman and a philandering high society playboy Nanavati's who was alluring English wife Sylvia. Play boy, in a modest man's language is a fornicator who corrupts other men's wives, and daughters and then goes away looking other prey. Within few years a director from Bollywood made a movie on the love triangle and it was beautified with songs and romance to attract the audience.

After all, movies are not made to serve society but to fill pockets of the producers. As Mahesh Bhatt once said, " we are shopkeeprs of entertainment, we keep those goods that are in demand....

When crime and fornication is glamorized and presented to the masses then it helps promotion of crime and immodesty in the society. There was a movie on underworld dons and mafia and one of the song had "maar de goli bheje mein" (hit the bullet in his brain) the message is a violent one but it passed away as an entertaining song with many young school boys finding it good to hear and murmur. A boy in Mumbai arrested for stealing a motor bike confessed before the Police that it was the movie " Dhoom II " that inspired him to steal bikes...

The best way or a ready made kit to corrupt a society is to introduce a popular character as a criminal or fornicator and market him as a mass promotion product.... people will not object because everybody sees it as an entertainment. Through entertainment every bad thing including smoking has been promoted to a mass level. Some one should ask the Governments that if they ban smoking why not adultery and crimes in movies too?

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Spring in Tunisia, Egypt, India....but Autumn in US and UK

Spring in Tunisia, Egypt, India....but Autumn in US and UK
by Nisaar Y. Nadiadwala on Friday, 19 August 2011 at 00:02

Former US President George Bush once remarked that the growing prosperity of India’s large middle class is contributing to rising food prices around the world.He said “So, for example, just as an interesting thought for you, there are 350 million people in India who are classified as middle class. That’s bigger than America. Their middle class is larger than our entire population.”

The Americans who have spoiled the spending habits of the world are suddenly realising that their own wealth is beign robbed. Who robbed the wealth of the Americans? Indians Chinese Arabs? No, their own bankers and others...

Infact it is the buying capacity of the Indians and the Pakistanis that sustains US economy. Look at the sales statistics of Adidas, Levis, Nike Reebock... Indians drink, on average, nine servings of Coke products per year. Few years back there was an agitation in India in which it was alleged that the 68 Cola plants in India has caused a water shortage in many parts of India? In Varanasi, alone, Coke draws an estimated 158,503 gallons a day. In fact the Colas have a market of 300 millions of middle class Indian, incidentally equivalent to US population.

The huge anti corruption waves continue to swell across the world and the spring that breezed from Tunisia has reached the Indian in the form of a storm. Anna Hazare, for those who don’t know him, is the man who is responsible for giving the R. T.I. The Right to Information, to Indians. It is through this RTI that the cases of Gujarat riots got spun into a fireball for the authorities and caught some atrocious top policemen and politicians into the web of law.

Meanwhile there is no spring in the Unites States and United Kingdom. Infact they are going through an Autumn. The downfall of the Dollar reminds me of.. Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.. all the President’s men and all the President’s policies could not put Humpty Dumpty together again.....The value of American Dollar value and American values of life both are falling like leaves in Autumn. Who robbed the wealth of the Americans? Indians Chinese Arabs? No, their own bankers and others...Same is about UK… the recent riots on the streets of London with people breaking open the supermarkets and walking out with goods resembled a scene from the streets of poor African Nations.

Compare the behaviour of the Two sides... the Africans and the Indians did not riot or break and steal the stores and goods but they stood silently against their governments whereas the Englishmen!!.....

The Media rightly says: Spring in Tunisia and Egypt... and August Kranti in India...... but why are they silent on the Autumn of US and UK ?

tariq353

Refuting the Rejectors of Hadith : A Field to Specialize

Refuting the Rejectors of Hadith : A Field to Specialize
by Nisaar Y. Nadiadwala on Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 4:57pm

Many people have a negative attitude towards the hadith and they think or are made to think that due to differences in hadith there are various sects among Muslims. So they think that Qur'an is enough for the guidance and hadith are not required.

A visitor,once, bought a young man to me and introduced him as "Munkare e Hadith". The man intervened and said "Sorry I am Ahl e Qur'an " I asked him "Do you pray five times?" he replied," No, only three times, as the Qur'an does not speak about five times" I proceeded further , "Tell me how do you pray ?" He replied, " I pray the way I want to pray " Allah says PRAY so I pray " "Fine", I said," Do you give zakat after salah ? " I asked. He was amused, " No. Zakat at times means charity and at times means to purify zakiyya so I get my self purified." I told him, " Look my friend, the Qur'anic verse says " aqimoossalaat wa aatuzzakat... establish your salah and give your zakah.. now if you say zakat means charity then immediately after salah you must give your zakat other wise you have not implemented the whole verse but only a half of it.. and if you say zakah means purifying then you pray salah first and then perform wudhoo !!!" The discussion ended as he promised to come back after more research and he has never come back.

The rejectors of the Hadith can be put iinto various categories. There is one more group among these people who claim that they reject only those hadith which contradicts the common sense. Another group claim that they reject many hadith from Sahiah Al Bukhari. A group of such people visited us once and we had a healthy discussion ending up with a promise of more discussion , never to come back. The rejctors of hadith are playing into the hands of those vested interest who want to wipe out Islam. It happened with the previous Ummah and they lost the touch with the book of Allah.

What is hadith? Hadith is a collection of the narrations of the Prophet (pbuh) in which his commands, his actions and his approvals are compiled. Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) happens to be the only person in the history of mankind whose actions, commands, approvals.. entire lifestyle is preserved in the books. How he walked and how he talked and how broad his lips went when he laughed , all is preserved. Preservation of Hadith is a preservation of the Implementation of Qur'anic injunctions.

Some enemies of Islam think that if you want to dilute Islam then remove the sunnah from the culture of the Muslims and automatically they will dissappear and disintegrate into fractions uncountable. This is true, because it is the sunnah of the Prophet that binds the Muslims together as a community and gives a universal picture of united Muslims, irresepctive of region , language or country they stay in. Take only two examples , one of the beard and other of the hijab. these two noble traditions of Islam are identifications of a Muslim. The world know Muslims easily if they sport a beard or a woman, if she wears a hijab. In the same way the rest of the traditions too.. You can include the jumuah salah or the Iftar and many things of the sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh ) which comes from the Hadith. Infact the entire Islam is seen because of the Sunnah in the life of the Muslims, because the life of the Prophet (pbuh) was nothing but actions according ot the Qur'an. Just substract Sunnah from the life of the Muslims, you cannot even identify a Muslim.

Since more fitnah of Munkar e Hadith are coming up these days I feel that some youth who are enthusiastic to do da'wah can take up defending the Hadith as super specialized subject and can do wonders like how Shaikh Ahmed Deedat has done wonders in 'Islam and Christianity' and Dr Zakir Naik has done in the field of comparitive religion. In every age when ever some or other person came up with allegations against Islam, Allah too appointed his own warriors in the field of Academics to defend his deen .. Inshallah let us see who is the next Da'ee of the century.. most probably it can be some one who raises up the issue of defending the Sahih Hadith and refuting all the allegations of Munkar e Hadith...

Author : Nisaar Nadiadwala speaks and writes on Islamic Issues.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nisa...-hadith-a-field-to-specialize/208385585886234

tariq353

Is the Entire West against Islam and Muslims? The exaggerated Issue of Islam vs. The

Is the Entire West against Islam and Muslims? The exaggerated Issue of Islam vs. The West
by Nisaar Y. Nadiadwala on Monday, August 22, 2011 at 12:15pm

The fabulous theory for the west versus Islam has evolved out of the mind of a few politically motivated people and the media finds it a saleable story. Samuel Huntington the man who raised the issue of The Clash of the Civilizations, forgot to include the reasons of the spread of Islam among the westerners.The media rarely discusses the phenomena of the rise of Islam in the West.You will only find them in the corners of few newspapers..

The clash of Islam with the West is a publicity tool to whip up passions in the hearts of Westerners. There are many serious clashes taking place in the world besides the clashing of Islam and the west. These clashes pose more danger to the existance of the mankind. There is a clash of the currencies; the Dollars, Euroes and Yens are fighting for the economic supremacy. This can lead the world to financial depressions which can blow into a war between nations.

‘The clash of the genders’ is taking an uglier form, as rapes go on increasing along with domestic violence against women, closely followed by ever increasing divorces. Nobody calls it a clash! You can make your own list of these clashes. The clash between "the have" and "have nots" in UK is getting spun like a fireball with a temporary pause.

On the other hand the Muslims along with Islam, continue to flourish in the west, and along with it, the Westerners also stream into Islam and make it to be the fastest growing religion in the world specially in the west. There are many families in the Chrisitian Europe who do not mind their children following a faith considered to be the most terrifying one. The trend remains the same even after 9/11.. So the globalisation has united various civilsations under one roof, geographical boundaries only remain on the globe, like latitudes and longitudes. Every country wants to become rich by selling its talents, natural resources and shares too.

Latest reports tell us that after the 11 Sept, the Western countries still remain the favourite choice of Arab students for education and Islam remains the favourite religion of the thousands of westerners who are looking for God in the right perspective. The Qur’an became one of the best sellers after 9/11.People read , analysed and then many of them said “yes” to Islam, and still thousands continue to embrace this relgion.

Inspite of the threat of the clash between civilisations, intelligence and wisdom still persisits in the mind of majority of the westerners, plus the European always listen to their Pope. The last Pope who was very concenered about the war in Iraq, wanted to go there as a human shield to protect the innocents. Dont forget that the international political equations can change at any time and new friends and foes can be fixed up on the two sides of the line...

Meanwhile Islam promotes intelligent dialouge with the people of the book. It adresses to the Christians and the Jews with highly honoured terms like “O people of the book”!In fact the Quran commands the Muslims:

“and dispute not with the people of the book except in a best way”
( Holy Qur’an chapter 29 verse 46)

The Qur’an goes further to declare the inner feeling of the Christians about the Muslims :
” Nearest to the believers in love you will find those who say “we are Christians” (Holy Qur’an chapter5, verse 82)

Who ever thinks that Qur’an incites hatred against the Westeners ( read here Christians) must go through the Quran to cross check the allegations.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nisa...aggerated-issue-of-islam-vs-t/206849539373172

tariq353

Before the Moon for Eid is spotted....Few days still to go

Before the Moon for Eid is spotted....Few days still to go
by Nisaar Y. Nadiadwala on Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 2:25pm

By the time most of my readers go through this note Ramadhan would have entered into the last ten days. Many of us would be looking forward for Eid shopping, some who have already finished with shopping would go to assist their friends to shop and would loiter whole night in the lanes of Bhendi Bazar in Mumbai, or Sadar Market of Karachi and various malls of the cities. Some who have missed out various eateries will do the qaza and visit those eateries after taraweeh.

On one hand Libya and Syria will celebrate their democratic victories over their Goverments, not knowing what kind of a new ruler awaits in their destiny . On the other hand many people in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq, who would be busy in shopping not realising that there is no Eid in their destiny as death awaits for them in some corner of a street, in the form of a bomb hidden under a bus or a suicide bomber getting ready to meet his hoor taking other innocent people along with him.. !

What did you do this Ramadhan? Is this year's Ramadhan as past year if compared to your ibdadah and other virtuous deeds or a little faded one? Did you gave up any deed that was a barrier between you and taqwa? Were your Fasts a shield strong enough to protect you from the fire of hell in case you went there for a few days...? Or was your Ramadhan just a month of festival of food and shopping and more rest and little work?

Or is your search for the Laylatul Qadr intense and passinate or just a few nights of leisure? These are introspective things to be answered by you and you alone to your selves before Allah asks you in front of the whole humanity on the day of Qiyamah. We have a week to go for the Ramadhan to end and the doors of toubah are still opened perchance some body from somewhere would say SORRY to Allah for his misdeeds and correct himself. Let us be among those lucky people. We have almost a week to go before many of us end our Ramadhan as the last Ramadhan of their life. Who knows next Ramadhan you may not find Nisaar bhai too around you to motivate you with his notes !

Life is short as the Qur'an says.. and when one of them reaches his death he requests ," O My Lord ! Give me some more respite that I may go back and go some good deeds that I have left behind... "Kalla" will be the response.. which means "Surely not" ......Surah Mominoon ch 23 verse 99...

Author Nisaar Nadiawala writes ntrspective notes on Muslims from Islamic perspective.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nisa...s-spottedfew-days-still-to-go/208887765836016

tariq353

Shukhran Shukran....Fruits of Being Grateful to Allah

Shukhran Shukran....Fruits of Being Grateful to Allah
by Nisaar Y. Nadiadwala on Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 5:18pm

Reja bin Haiwa an Egyptian scholar narrates his expereince... this man was one of the few top scholars of his time. He wrote .. once I was in Masjid e Khaif during the Haj..we were sitting and there were others too in thousands, including the king, his princess, his ministers, top scholars of that time and all.. suddenly a man stood up amidst the crowd and called up loudly " o People as long as there are three things among you the Azabo fallah will not come upon you.. first be grateful to Allah.. second do istighfar.. and third supplicate to him... saying this he made his way in the crowd and went out.. Reja says.. I wondered at the courage of this man as to how directly he announced it in front of the elite group and went away... a thought came in my mind... did he gave an authentic narration? he never refered to any hadith or Qur'anic verse to support his statement..

So as a student of knowledge I got up and followed him and searched for him to ask him the referance for his claim.. but I could not find him.. I looked for him next day too in Mina but could not find him.. finally I decided to look for the verification myself because I had a feeling that since the man spoke in such a confidence manner it meant that he was speaking the truth..I opened the Quran and began with surah Fatiha and went ahead with Surah Baqarah and covered Surah Imran and reached 147 verse of surah Nisa' to find the verification of his first claim.... What will Allah gain by punishing you if you are thankful and believers... Imam Reza notes that I continued my search and reached 33 verse of Surah Anfal..and found that ... and Allah will not punish them while you (the Prophet) was among them nor will He punish them while they seek forgiveness... Imam Reza then looked for the third reference till he reached Surah Furqan... my Lord pays attention to you only because of your supplications to Him.. bu tnow since you have denied him so He will punish you....

Shukr leads to unbounded reward...There are two deeds whose rewards, Allah says that it is upon Him. Fasting and Thanking Him. Allah has announced the rewards of all good deeds ...For example if you perform Hajj e Mabroor all your past sins will be forgiven...But for fasting and thanksgiving Allah has kept to Himself how much will He reward. consider this, Allah says in the Qur'an that all the seven heavens will be wrapped up on his right hand on the day of Qiyamah.... If Allah gives us with His own hands how much would be the amount ?

Shukr has lots of vitrues. Shukr protects from Azab of Allah... as the 147 verse of Surah Nisa' assures... What can Allah gain by punishing you.. if you are grateful and you believe ? Today when ever there is an earthquake or tsunami, scientists and oceanologists rush to find the epic centers of earthquakes and other reasons.. they give only geogaphical reasons. Allah gives His reasons, nothing can happen wihout His own permission. Not even a leaf can fall without His approval and the same goes with earthquakes and Tsunamis.

Dont miss out that, even Halal rizq is a blessing from Allah... here is a verse... so eat the sustenance which Allah has provided you, lawful and good.. halal and tayyab..and be grateful for the favours of Allah if it is He whom you worship...and if you waste it? like being a spendthirft..then it is ungratefulness according to the Qur'an.

People have become thankless to Allah in many ways for example even if you look at the epidemic of lavish expenditure you will notice that even little children are into it though the Qur'an calls the lavish spenders as Ikhwanus shaytan.. brothers of Shaytan and further says.. indeed shaytan is ungrateful to his Lord.. so are his brothers....Infact the 83 verse of Surah Nahl says that recognising the favours of Allah and then rejecting them.. read the verse verbatim... they recognise the blessings of Allah and then they deny them.. and most of them are ungrateful..... Allah says wa,aksaruhoom are ungrateful... the word for ungratefulness here is again kufr !!!!!

Author : Nisaar Nadiadwala speaks and writes on socio-educatinal issues from Islamic perspective.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nisa...ts-of-being-grateful-to-allah/210335225691270

tariq353

Etiquette of Generosity : The Islamic Way to Preserve Your Charity

Etiquette of Generosity : The Islamic Way to Preserve Your Charity
by Nisaar Y. Nadiadwala on Saturday, August 27, 2011 at 2:49pm

Among the earliest injunctions from Allah besides abstaining from shirk, was to be generous. The Qur’an encouraged in a very motivating manner to spending in the way of Allah. Many people think that they are next to Hatim Tai when it comes to being charitable and feel that they own a monopoly in giving out to poor.. It reflects in their attitude and in their expectations from the beneficiaries. Let me remnd you a few of the noble etiquette that the Qur’an wants us to fulfil inorder that it qualifies of being accepted by Allah and deserve a reward.

Recall the verses form the Qur’an Surah Baqarah .. ch 2 verse no 261 -274 and check up the following points....

1.Hope for a multiple reward from Allah when you spend and acknowledge that Allah cares for all and knows every thing.

2.Expenditure should be in the way of Allah.. and not in the way of your ego or your status.

3. There should be no reminders of generosity ..neither to the people nor to the beneficiaries.

4. There should be no injury of any sort upon the beneficiaries

5. Inorder to protect your charity from being nullified , the weakness of the beneficiaries should be tolerated and responded by kind words and forgiveness other wise your charity will be counted as a show off

6. Charity should be to please Allah and for benefit our own souls

7. Charity should be given from Tayyab.. i.e good things halal and good quality.. Avoid donating clothes which are torn off , some thing that you yourself would not prefer to take it if given…

8. Don’t be afraid in giving but be generous because shaytan frighten your from poverty and instructs you to commit shameless things

9. If you are inspired to give charity then know that it is a hikmah i.e. wisdom from Allah

10. You can disclose your charity if you want to encourage others to be generous

11. You may keep it secret

12. Gie charity with a hope that it will be a kaffara expiation for some of your sins

13. Being charitable is a quality gifted by Allah and hope that you will get back more for what you have spend in Allah’s way

14. Give to those who are ashamed to ask or beg before people and they appear to be rich…because of their modesty

15. Spend at night as well as day.. because emergency can arrive at any time of day so don’t delay your charity if the opportunity arrives at night too

One more verse in Surah Mominoon ch 23, verse 60..suggests that while giving a charity one must at times even fear of being rejected by Allah.. and then hope too…

Now after finishing the note open Surah Baqarah verse no 261 -274 and read them again .. you will enjoy it Inshallah…

Author : Nisaar Nadiadwala writes and speaks on socio-educational issues from Islamic perspective.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nisa...-way-to-preserve-your-charity/211827525542040