Nu'ayman ibn 'Amr: Oh Nuayman !!!!

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
:salam2:

a few laughs from days gone by......

Nuayman lived on after the Prophet and continued to enjoy the affection of Muslims. But did he put an end to his laughter? During the caliphate of Uthman, a group of Sahaba were sitting in the Masjid. They saw Makhramah ibn Nawfal, an old man who was about one hundred and fifteen years old and obviously rather senile. He was related to the sister of Abdur-Rahman ibn Awf, who was a wife of Nuayman.
Makhramah was blind. He was so weak that he could hardly move from his place in the Masjid. He got up to urinate and might have done so in the Masjid. But the companions shouted at him to prevent him from doing so.. Nuayman got up and went to take him to another place, as he was instructed. What is this other place that Nuayman took him to? In fact he took him only a short distance away from where he was sitting at first and sat him down.

The place was still in the Masjid!! ..

People shouted at Makhramah and made him get up again all in a frenzy. The poor old man was distressed and said: "Who has done this?" "An-Nuayman ibn Amr," he was told.
The old man swore and announced that he would bash Nuayman on the head with his stick if he should meet him.
Nuayman left and returned. He was up to some prank of his again. He saw Uthman ibn Affan, the Amir al-Muminim, performing Salat in the Masjid. Uthman was never distracted when he stood for Prayer. Nuayman also saw Makhramah. He went up to him and in a changed voice said: "Do you want to get at Nuayman?"

The old man remembered what Nuayman had done. He remembered his vow and shouted: "Yes, where is he?" Nuayman took him by the hand and led him to the place where the Khalifah Uthman stood and said to him: "Here he is!"

The old man raised his staff and bashed the head of Uthman. Blood flowed and the people shouted: "It's the Amir al-Muminin!"
They dragged Makhramah away and some people set out to get Nuayman but Uthman restrained them and asked them to leave him alone.
In spite of the blows he had suffered, he was still able to laugh at the deeds of an-Nuayman!

stiks

Amatur-Rahman

and more.....

A wonderful story which made the Prophet pbuh laugh, is the report given by Imam Ahmad from Umm. Salamah. Abu Bakr went to do business in Basra, and with him were Nu'ayman and Suwaybit ibn Harmalah, both of whom had been present at Badr. Suwaybit was in charge of food on the journey, and Nu'ayman said to him, "Feed me!" Suwaybit said, "Not until Abu Bakr (radhiallahu `anhu) comes." Nu'ayman was a fun-loving man with a sense of humour, so he went to some people who had brought livestock with them, and said, "Will you buy a sturdy Arab slave from me?" They said, "Yes." He said, "He has a big mouth, and he may tell you that he is a free man. If that means that you do not want to take him, then forget the matter, and do not cause trouble for me with him"..

They said, "No problem, we will buy him." So they bought him for ten young she-camels. Nu'ayman brought the animals back, and told the people: "There he is!" Suwaybit said: "I am a free man!" They said, "He has already told us all about you," and put a rope around his neck and led him away. Then Abu Bakr came, and was told what had happened. He and his companions went and returned the animals and took Suwaybit back. They told the Prophet pbuh what had happened, and he and his Sahaba would laugh about the story for a year afterwards.

believer_15

Sister
.... :s ..

a few laughs from days gone by......

Nuayman lived on after the Prophet and continued to enjoy the affection of Muslims. But did he put an end to his laughter? During the caliphate of Uthman, a group of Sahaba were sitting in the Masjid. They saw Makhramah ibn Nawfal, an old man who was about one hundred and fifteen years old and obviously rather senile. He was related to the sister of Abdur-Rahman ibn Awf, who was a wife of Nuayman.
Makhramah was blind. He was so weak that he could hardly move from his place in the Masjid. He got up to urinate and might have done so in the Masjid. But the companions shouted at him to prevent him from doing so.. Nuayman got up and went to take him to another place, as he was instructed. What is this other place that Nuayman took him to? In fact he took him only a short distance away from where he was sitting at first and sat him down.

The place was still in the Masjid!! ..

People shouted at Makhramah and made him get up again all in a frenzy. The poor old man was distressed and said: "Who has done this?" "An-Nuayman ibn Amr," he was told.
The old man swore and announced that he would bash Nuayman on the head with his stick if he should meet him.
Nuayman left and returned. He was up to some prank of his again. He saw Uthman ibn Affan, the Amir al-Muminim, performing Salat in the Masjid. Uthman was never distracted when he stood for Prayer. Nuayman also saw Makhramah. He went up to him and in a changed voice said: "Do you want to get at Nuayman?"

The old man remembered what Nuayman had done. He remembered his vow and shouted: "Yes, where is he?" Nuayman took him by the hand and led him to the place where the Khalifah Uthman stood and said to him: "Here he is!"

The old man raised his staff and bashed the head of Uthman. Blood flowed and the people shouted: "It's the Amir al-Muminin!"
They dragged Makhramah away and some people set out to get Nuayman but Uthman restrained them and asked them to leave him alone.
In spite of the blows he had suffered, he was still able to laugh at the deeds of an-Nuayman!

.......... Is this story true? I mean, ur not supposed to distract anyone during prayers and Nuayman was a Sahabi, he must've known that... also that bash hurt Uthman Bin Affan, making blood flow... A sahabi couldn't have caused that to happen.... forgive me if I'm wrong, but the thing is, I read this on a site and this piece was posted by someone who has had a big hand in lying about our religion.... because of all these reasons I'd rather not dare to believe it..If it is not the truth, we might invoke Allah (S.W.T)'s anger.

Another thing..

"What is this other place that Nuayman took him to? In fact he took him only a short distance away from where he was sitting at first and sat him down.

The place was still in the Masjid!! .."

Why would a sahabi leave someone to urinate in a Masjid?

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
just a quick question: What does Amir-ul-muminin mean? And is it a title just for Uthman (r.a)? BEcause I was reading some hadith and the isnaad was for "Amir-ul-muminin"