Old Members - Do you feel this way?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,

To the old members, because it is related to their experience at TTI, new members are welcome to take part in it - if they can/want to. I don't mean to exclude by typing "Old Members" in my title.

I've been having these feelings for quite sometime. There seems to be a lot missing at TTI. The gold green theme is missing, it's obvious. However apart from that, back when I joined TTI, there was this bond between the members. Everyone cared for each other and it showed. It was felt. I don't mean to say members don't care of each other now. It's just not the same as before. May be the old members can relate? TTI was like a family and many referred to it as such, now it's just a forum. There are a lot of awkward responses to simple posts. Almost discouraging. I've feel some members just post to argue. A member would say "I'm typing in black", and pop comes another poster with a "No I see slight greys and whites in there". There are those who have views after Allah's words are shared, or the Prophet:saw: hadith. This isn't just annoying, this is provocative. It's as if you can't post but you'll get yourself into a useless debate "with some". I won't generalise. Because in majority of TTI, Seeking Allah's Mercy is still allowed to rule. lol. Anyway, any one else feels this?

I'd like to comment on the mods' too. There is almost no activity from them compared to "back then". We used to have our posts read and responded to. We used to have advices from them publicly and privately. There were a lot more of those small 'locks' that I hated and still do. Mods are like the group of older, more mature and knowledgable members. I feel their absence. It's as if they've very clearly separated themselves and their activity from the rest of us. I understand being busy, but "busy" isn't the word that was born today. The word and the phenomena existed back then too. Looks like we'll have our police team back only when someone like brother Harris Hammam is here.

Is it just me? I see something in the stats of TTI, that kinda backs what I feel. When I joined, there was a lot of activity. Number of online members easily used to reach above 20, now we hardly get a 10. So, lesser posts and lesser threads. I'm wondering if it is because our beneficial and welcoming, warm output is on decline?

Old Members?

Idris16

wa alaykom salam warahmatullah wabarakatuh

Back in the days I learnt very much from here, I had no idea what bid`ah was before I joined this forum, but still I was always against the rulers and still am. Alhamdulillah I learnt very much from this forum. I believe the problem with this forum was when members came from nowhere to propagate hizbi views saying this and that person is an innovator or this and that group is khariji etc. I hope I didnt go off-topic.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Definitely, sis... I agree with everything you said - TTI isn't the same as it used to be. Back then I used to learn so much every time I came on here. I know a lot of members who don't come to TTI anymore said they left because it wasn't so benificial anymore. And yes, we don't really see any mods anymore. They must be there, but I miss the old female mods....

Back then there was immense compansionship, a sense of community - now everyone feels alienated. I feel I can relate and share more with the older members than with the newer ones, maybe its my own fault..

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Walaykumu salaam

I agree 100%, sister. I haven't been on TTI for a veryyy long time, and when I came back, I realized it wasn't at all the same as before. There are only one or two people online whenever I'm on, it just feels empty. Back in the day, there used to be so many brothers and sisters and so many threads that were only meant to brighten up our day. People would tell jokes, play games, it was so much fun, SubhnAllah. And there were other times when we'd learn so much islamic knowledge from eachother that I don't think I've ever learned from anyone as much as I learned from my brothers and sisters from TTI.

And the green guys are really being missed. They were like our older brothers and sisters and getting an answer from them solved everything, mashaAllah.
I understand exactly how you feel, sister. TTI just isn't the same anymore...

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatuhu,

SubhanAllah u honestly took the words out of my mouth :/ i really really miss the old days old member OLD THEME, SubhanAllah. You are so right, honestly it felt like home back then, like muslim brotherhood, the bond was so sincere everyone was so caring, and we were so close. Honestly, i don't like this thing now at all, almost every single thread you see people just arguing and arguing and like you said over sometimes very petty things like comeon, whatever happened to us looking after each other, we would celebrate, share joy, feel sad for everyone together. And i have been really missing the old theme, it was nice to just come and see what the on going thread is, and go from there, and first threads were full of beneficial topics, sharing the deen learning the deen, now its just I AM RIGHT NO I AM RIGHT .... SubhanAllah and its just sad to see this among the people.
Alot of close friends that i made here, now they left and they don't want to come back ...

The Mods yea wallahu alam where are they i never see them around , where is brother Mabsoot I miss him .... being strict on me :p telling me what i can do what i cant, basically telling me to have some aqal lol it was fun i loved coming here infact i was always here on TTI.
Now u come open a thread and there is war going on, disrespecting members alot of blah blah blah with no fruitful result

May Allah (swt) bring this forum back to its day when it was a family ... now u r right its just a forum
walaikum salam wr wb

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmatullah,

I just wanted say that, I don't know whether I would have hanged on to this forum if I saw all these arguments back then.

There were debates and arguments back then too. But sensible posts out-shadowed them.
Now, Lets not be uncles and aunties of this forum who complains how bad it is now and how golden their era was. (Those that posted above me aren't old enough to be called uncles and aunties, I believe)

In the past years there were dips and lows once in a while. Perhaps its happening again only so that when good things start kicking up again, we will cherish them, in sha Allah.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I still love this site as much as I did when I first joined....I guess I am alone....

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

I just wanted say that, I don't know whether I would have hanged on to this forum if I saw all these arguments back then.

There were debates and arguments back then too. But sensible posts out-shadowed them.
Now, Lets not be uncles and aunties of this forum who complains how bad it is now and how golden their era was. (Those that posted above me aren't old enough to be called uncles and aunties, I believe)

In the past years there were dips and lows once in a while. Perhaps its happening again only so that when good things start kicking up again, we will cherish them, in sha Allah.

aslam o aliakum

haha bhai :p u cant call me uncle, lol

but u r right, idk i think ill answer aapa's question too i think it has alot to do with the fact that most of those users have left mashAllah i know alot of the people are now involved in more series study of the deen, and also those respected member that were full of knowledge are gone too and many topics are turning into debates cause people don't acknowledge the information other people have provided
wallahu alam
:) but i would love those golden days back

alf2

Islam is a way of life

SubhanAllah u honestly took the words out of my mouth :/ i really really miss the old days old member OLD THEME, SubhanAllah. You are so right, honestly it felt like home back then, like muslim brotherhood, the bond was so sincere everyone was so caring, and we were so close. Honestly, i don't like this thing now at all, almost every single thread you see people just arguing and arguing and like you said over sometimes very petty things like comeon, whatever happened to us looking after each other, we would celebrate, share joy, feel sad for everyone together. And i have been really missing the old theme, it was nice to just come and see what the on going thread is, and go from there, and first threads were full of beneficial topics, sharing the deen learning the deen, now its just I AM RIGHT NO I AM RIGHT .... SubhanAllah and its just sad to see this among the people.
Alot of close friends that i made here, now they left and they don't want to come back ...

The Mods yea wallahu alam where are they i never see them around , where is brother Mabsoot I miss him .... being strict on me :p telling me what i can do what i cant, basically telling me to have some aqal lol it was fun i loved coming here infact i was always here on TTI.
Now u come open a thread and there is war going on, disrespecting members alot of blah blah blah with no fruitful result

May Allah (swt) bring this forum back to its day when it was a family ... now u r right its just a forum
walaikum salam wr wb

@ bold: Subhanallah, sounds like a father figure :)
Also, I never see any mods either. Insha allah Mabsoot, BrotherinIslam, and Sumiya are all okay :)

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Also, I never see any mods either. Insha allah Mabsoot, BrotherinIslam, and Sumiya are all okay :)

lol i guess but he was more wise and i was just yea me :p i guess
but idk where the mods are i used to know brotherinislam very well too we were really close now he just suddenly dissappeared

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa`alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

I'm not sure if I'm the only weirdo who have this kind of thought but apart from its the hectic life that made people less involve in virtual forum, it is maybe because some of them have been called to Allaah. I remember there was one brother who posted that he has cancer, not sure how he is right now.

But yeah, you can say that it's really a different atmosphere now, compare to back then in 2006 (eventhough I haven't join yet but I sometimes dig and read the VERY old threads). But you can see and even feel so much compassion and love of sisterhood/brotherhood back then.

As for the female mods that mostly have disappeared, I'm assuming that after they're married and settle down with their own family, they just don't have time to keep an eye on every threads here or it could be possible people forget about TTI (highly unlikely though).

Even though we only view this changes in a smaller scale of an Islaamic forum, doesn't this indirectly represent the state of Our Ummaah at the moment? That we're slowly losing the strong, deep feelings towards another Muslims.

We can actually learn a lot from this observation and from there, start making changes.

We want to feel again that strong sisterhood/brotherhood, then it is us that shall make it happen, Inshaa Allaah. Should start with myself first, hopefully.

Wa`alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaah.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Sister Aisya makes a good point, as always. It's nice to go all nostalgic once in a while, and we can go on and on forever about how TTI's glory days were this and that. But rather than complaining, we need to *do* something about it. If we are the older members, if we remember how it *used* to be, then what's stopping us from trying to make it like that once more? In fact, doesn't the more responsibility rest on us? I speak for myself first and foremost, but we need to make sure *our* behaviour on the forum is its best, we need to stand united and only once we rectify our own behaviour, only then can we set a benchmark for the rest of the forum members. We need to reach out to the younger members and help them realize the best way to behave on the forum - for example if we see someone being rash or starting an argument, *don't* join in, don't argue back. Tell them calmly that this isn't the way things are dealt with at TTI and hopefully, the more members try and restrain themselves from getting too passionate about whatever they're discussing, the more peace and tranquility we'll have again.

Like Aapa said, it's up to the members to make things happen. There were some wonderful brothers and sisters on TTI back then, but let's face the facts - they're not here anymore. So isn't it up to us to try and imitate them, try and step into their shoes and look after the newer members like they did for us?

So how do we stop arguments from taking place? "Speak good, otherwise remain silent", we've been told. Also, I've noticed that if someone starts an argument, the more people retaliate the more and more he/she strikes back. But if someone is let alone and others continue on with the discussion *without* directly quoting the hot post, the argument stops - that's how I remember the old days of TTI to be. Back then also, there were one or two posts that were bound to start arguments, but nobody directly replied to them.. and soon enough the fire died away and things became polite once again.

sultanb

assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

New member here.

I think it's just a natural progress of life. I used to love forums and joined many because I was seeking knowledge on music. I was a musician. Then I became disinterested and left all forums together. I developed friendship, met them, have them on facebook, but I don't even talk to any of them anymore. Just grew out of it. This year is the year I returned participating in forums, last was 2005.

It's normal for arguments in a forum, especially since it's a religion forum people are probably more sensitive and have stronger opinions. I'd rather see confrontation in internet forum any day. Once, after salat I saw a Pakistani brother (last saf) telling a Saudi brother behind him that he cannot stand alone in a prayer, he should have tapped one of the shoulder of a brother so that he would stand in a saf of at least 2. The Saudi brother started yelling, "YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW MY OWN RELIGION". He was furious and seriously needed to be separated, but the Pakistani brother maintained his soft voice. Seriously, this happened in a small city with a small muslim community and a small masjid that is basically just a small house.

all4islam

Walikum Salam Wa Rahmatuillahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Jazak'Allah kahir for letting us new member to jump in..well sister i understand how you feel,but you know
when i first knew this about this website it was back 4 to 5 years ago.My cousin sister told me about this
and i loved when i saw so many good things here.There were old members such as sister ksa_lover, sister revet2007 sister pround to b muslim brother ditta and so on they used to post alot and Aluhumduillah so the others, i just read never made account here, don'y no why..maybe too quiet.. but still would come here and look.

but you know the best part sister is that Alhumduillah i still like to come here and see.even though i don't have muchinteraction with you all,but i really want to help if i can.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
That's a lot of responses. I thought I was the only one feeling alienated. Yeah, it's a fraction of like the old TTI alright = ).

wa alaykom salam warahmatullah wabarakatuh

Back in the days I learnt very much from here, I had no idea what bid`ah was before I joined this forum, but still I was always against the rulers and still am. Alhamdulillah I learnt very much from this forum. I believe the problem with this forum was when members came from nowhere to propagate hizbi views saying this and that person is an innovator or this and that group is khariji etc. I hope I didnt go off-topic.
I know. I started most of my "consious" Islamic learning here too.

I would slightly disagree akh. There was a lot more of that problem a year or two ago than it is now. I think that bit is slightly changing and it's good. TTI has generally remained "untagged" as it should, Alhumdulillah. But even that "slight" tag that it had, is washing off too thanks to some brothers and sisters and on the Mod team and of course some "great" members. May Allah reward them all.

Definitely, sis... I agree with everything you said - TTI isn't the same as it used to be. Back then I used to learn so much every time I came on here. I know a lot of members who don't come to TTI anymore said they left because it wasn't so benificial anymore. And yes, we don't really see any mods anymore. They must be there, but I miss the old female mods....

Back then there was immense compansionship, a sense of community - now everyone feels alienated. I feel I can relate and share more with the older members than with the newer ones, maybe its my own fault..
Wa`Alaykum Asalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

I wonder if it's how TTI has groomed us? I mean it's a forum for "turning us to Islam" right? After having done that. We want more and TTI isn't a knowledge based forum. Could it be that when TTI inculcates in us the need to learn Islam, we forget it all together and move on to other place to learn? I don't know, I think this is the case and I feel slightly like a cheat. We owe TTI, it would have been better if the brothers and sisters would stay back as a they learn and help us learn. Turn it into a knowledge based forum along with dawah forum.

Just me thinking aloud. . .

I don't know what I was like when I was new, but new members I've tried to reach out don't seem to fit in with me or even want to fit in lol. Makes me shift to my original position of me wanting a cradle rather than me offering a baby member a cradle.

Walaykumu salaam

I agree 100%, sister. I haven't been on TTI for a veryyy long time, and when I came back, I realized it wasn't at all the same as before. There are only one or two people online whenever I'm on, it just feels empty. Back in the day, there used to be so many brothers and sisters and so many threads that were only meant to brighten up our day. People would tell jokes, play games, it was so much fun, SubhnAllah. And there were other times when we'd learn so much islamic knowledge from eachother that I don't think I've ever learned from anyone as much as I learned from my brothers and sisters from TTI.

And the green guys are really being missed. They were like our older brothers and sisters and getting an answer from them solved everything, mashaAllah.
I understand exactly how you feel, sister. TTI just isn't the same anymore...
Yeah, and I blame you ;P. I miss all those dancing smilies on my profile, and your PMs and those stories someone was writing. So, is there an explanation for this? ; P kidding lil sister. Don't bother explaining but I do miss you ukht.

Empty, is the right word.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

walaikum salam wr wb

I miss the old theme more. When you say 'Old days" makes me think do I even want to think of some of those old days, let alone miss them? Definitely not. There are things that's I've learned the hard way, here, at TTI. I'm happy with what I've learned but I don't think I want to have another one of that ordeal. So I won't say I miss the old days. It's the old theme and the old atmosphere. The ease with which we were allowed to post our minds out and the respect people had for each other.

Your dua, I can't word better. Ameen to your dua.

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't have been here for this long if my first couple of posts were met with "what's the purpose of this thread". And to be honest, my first couple of threads had no purpose, other than that I just wanted to share a couple of foolish laughs, or vent, or make mountain out of a molehill and get some advice on the mole hill issue as if it was a mountain. Simple things!

I'm no aunty, but I sure feel the urge to call some members "Kid!" or "Kids!" simply because of the nature of their posts.

I hope so.

I still love this site as much as I did when I first joined....I guess I am alone....
No you are not alone. I love the site too, it's just going down the hill compared to what it used to be.
You mean Samiha, right? Sobhan`Allaah makes me think of the stupids things I did just to get the mods annoyed. Sister Samiha, MadeSarah, Br. Abu Baseer and Al-Kashmiri and Br. Mabsoot were so patient with me. All being gentle and cleaning the mess after I was done :shymuslima1: I feel bad now, I was such a mess. I can't believe it, I used to think of it as fun back then, weird!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Wa`alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

I'm not sure if I'm the only weirdo who have this kind of thought but apart from its the hectic life that made people less involve in virtual forum, it is maybe because some of them have been called to Allaah. I remember there was one brother who posted that he has cancer, not sure how he is right now.

But yeah, you can say that it's really a different atmosphere now, compare to back then in 2006 (eventhough I haven't join yet but I sometimes dig and read the VERY old threads). But you can see and even feel so much compassion and love of sisterhood/brotherhood back then.

As for the female mods that mostly have disappeared, I'm assuming that after they're married and settle down with their own family, they just don't have time to keep an eye on every threads here or it could be possible people forget about TTI (highly unlikely though).

Even though we only view this changes in a smaller scale of an Islaamic forum, doesn't this indirectly represent the state of Our Ummaah at the moment? That we're slowly losing the strong, deep feelings towards another Muslims.

We can actually learn a lot from this observation and from there, start making changes.

We want to feel again that strong sisterhood/brotherhood, then it is us that shall make it happen, Inshaa Allaah. Should start with myself first, hopefully.

Wa`alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaah.
You always have another point to present *Smile*. Shouldn't the replacement of the new members somewhat fill the gap of the old ones? This used to happen back then too, right? I didn't detect this sudden fall in the standards before.

Sister Aisya, why don't you go ahead and think of something to begin the change :p

assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I'd rather see confrontation in internet forum any day. Once, after salat I saw a Pakistani brother (last saf) telling a Saudi brother behind him that he cannot stand alone in a prayer, he should have tapped one of the shoulder of a brother so that he would stand in a saf of at least 2. The Saudi brother started yelling, "YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW MY OWN RELIGION". He was furious and seriously needed to be separated, but the Pakistani brother maintained his soft voice. Seriously, this happened in a small city with a small muslim community and a small masjid that is basically just a small house.
Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

True that it's harder in real life, but I won't have on TTI in any case. Other forums, yeah well, but not TTI. This forum is different and it's difference should be maintained.
There were old members such as sister ksa_lover, sister revet2007 sister pround to b muslim brother ditta and so on they used to post alot and Aluhumduillah so the others, i just read never made account here, don'y no why..maybe too quiet.. but still would come here and look.
but you know the best part sister is that Alhumduillah i still like to come here and see.even though i don't have muchinteraction with you all,but i really want to help if i can.

I miss those sisters. They were some of the best sister at TTI Mashaa`Allaah. Sister revert will always be real special for me. May Allaah bless them wherever they are.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Not sure whether I'm senior or junior now but I agree that it is not the same TTI it used to be. I've gone overboard many times, I do get into arguments but I do send PM to apologise if I feel offended them. Those days when someone was sharing their problems, there will be an instant replies from brothers and sisters, everyone showed compassion and showed empathy towards that brother / sister. Recently, a brother shared he was detained for terrorism, some members declined to believe him. I was very sad to read such comments. I hope TTI will do vetting before accepting new members going forward. We want genuine members to join TTI. Those used nasty words especially towards sisters, mods should send PM to warn them so that they realised they have cross their limits. Pls accept my apology if I ever wronged anyone.

Assalamu'alaikum.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear sister for your thread

I agree with you all of you, that TTI has changed on some way,and it can be due to diffrent reasons, like some old members who were more active before are not contributing and posting so often on the site,and some are even not coming at all. I remember when I first time joined on TTI few years ago, it was so special and peacefull atmosphere ,that it could be felt the real sisterhood and brotherhood in Islaam,where all hearts seemed close to each other.

TTI for me was and InshAllah will be always like my second family. It is the place where I have learnt so many things, increased my knowledge about Islaam and became more mature as person and Muslimah, Alhamdulillah. I think this is the feeling that most of brothers and sisters share as well.

I remember before, every day when I would open a front page of new posts, there were always some new and benifical threads. Members used to post and contribuate more,and whoever would ask some questions or needed some help, all brothers and sisters would try thier best to answer him, or even help him.It was like a real family, Alhamdulillah.There used to be seen more smile and laugh, it was soo happy athmosphere Wallahi.

But like some brothers and sisters said, there are many other brothers and sisters as well who are still contributing, sharing thier knowledge, taking thier time and giving thier efforts MashAllah,and there are as well some new members, who are most welcome Alhmadulillah. Like Muslims, we should always hold together,and try to be always helpfull toward other Muslims.I hope InshAllah that is not going to change never on TTI.

May Allah subhanahu wa teala always keep and protect our Ummah. Ameen ya Rabby

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu