Old Members - Do you feel this way?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamu 'alaykkum

If I have permission to write here, yes there is another valid opinion.
Wasalamo`Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakaatuh,

Of course you have!

That is it is not outright Bid'ah. Scholars just say it is better not to use it (so that people don't imitate you and make it preferable). However, it is permissible.

Here is the opinion of Shaykh `Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz - http://alifta.com/Fatawa/Fatwaprint.aspx?id=5743&BookID=14&sectionid=

Also, Shaykh Salih al-Fawzaan has similar opinion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoYmvZ5vQS0

What most scholars say as bid'ah is that when people make using prayer beads preferable over using fingers. That was the opinion of Shaykh Uthaymeen as well.
BaraakAllaah feek. I had a mind of searching multaqa on this and I instead starting doing other things. I'll go through the links you shared Inshaa`Allaah.

Shaykh Salih al munajjid didn't say its an outright bidah either, he just quoted both views of scholars.
What I read was veeery long ago. So I said:
Br. Pervaiz means using prayers beads is bid'ah I think this is what we learn from IslamQA.

Anyway, BarakAllaah feek for pointing that out.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Good post, Shahnaz.

There have been two Brother Aymans. Ayman 1 was not banned. My very knowledgeable Brother Ayman was banned. And we all know how I feel about that. He was the mature masculine force behind TTI. If anyone ever wants to get in touch with him let me know...don't worry Brother Mabsoot knows.

And on Eid the members do post and sent messages. I think we just have a much younger group now. I read how many are so shy to post. Please do. I get tired of reading myself.

Why don't we have someone do a thread on the hell-fire. Let's do one what comparative religion. We don't post on the Acts of the Prophet....get my drift. Start posting what you wish to learn.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
What I read was veeery long ago. So I said...

Asslamaliekum, sister I was just making a general statement, it wasn't directed at you or brother Ershad. I was thinking the same thing untill just few weeks back I was discussing this with a bro in masjid and based on what i had read veryyy long ago I said what you said then I came back home re-read the fatwa and ...

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asslamaliekum, sister I was just making a general statement, it wasn't directed at you or brother Ershad. I was thinking the same thing untill just few weeks back I was discussing this with a bro in masjid and based on what i had read veryyy long ago I said what you said then I came back home re-read the fatwa and ...

Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Even if it was direction to any one of us, it not a problem Inshaa`Allaah.

That's understandable. It becomes very easy for us to forget what we've read except what struck us most, or what we understood when we originally read it. Btw akh, did you say all that in one breath? Fairly long breath you've got there.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaykum,
I was/am feeling the same way you do sister. TTI was a warm home where we could be comforted when things didn't go too well. Many of us turned here when we wanted to learn more about our Deen. By the grace and mercy of Allah we found people who didn't judge us, laugh at us if we asked stupid question and most importantly, those who became like family. The old TTI is sort of dead, I personally stay away from posting or replying to threads because I dislike arguing and most of what I see now is just that---pure immature debates! When members join here first and one of them asks, or posts concerning threads---we start finger pointing and forget the purpose of that thread. The member posts personal dilemmas not to be questioned or criticized but to be comforted and loved. We used to have that before on TTI, but now---it is a different story. The absence of many TTI-ans might be due to them becoming busy with life as it demands so much from us, but it also be due to Iman changes. The higher your imaan is sister, the more energy and yearning you have for Islam---thats why back then we posted, replied and created atmosphere of love and compassion filled with educational topics about Islam, Allah, and his messenger (Peace be upon him). As our imaan declines, we become lethargic, lazy and unresponsive. I personally stay away from posting new things because I feel like "If I am not practicing it, why preach it?"
The pickering and figure pointing I see here if and when I log in just makes matters worse. I know a lot of us might be going through that phase---some of us still participate, others choose to disappear. Whatever the case, I pray for an imaan boost and the golden TTI to be returned bi-ithnillah!

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Assalamu 'alaykkum

If I have permission to write here, yes there is another valid opinion. That is it is not outright Bid'ah. Scholars just say it is better not to use it (so that people don't imitate you and make it preferable). However, it is permissible.

Here is the opinion of Shaykh `Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz - http://alifta.com/Fatawa/Fatwaprint.aspx?id=5743&BookID=14§ionid=

Also, Shaykh Salih al-Fawzaan has similar opinion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoYmvZ5vQS0

What some scholars say as bid'ah is that when people make using prayer beads preferable over using fingers. That was the opinion of Shaykh Uthaymeen as well.

JazakAllah Khair brother..
Learnt something today :) Alhamdulilah :)

Abu-Talha

Brother in Deen
assalam alaykum brothers and sisters

since i know how the work and things go when you moderate one forum, i will say something in short inshaallah, we need to separate this issue in two point

1. it is understud and normal to not be the forum the same as it was before-this is with many forum's, becasue thos people that where active etc, they have their own life, and things in life change, some maybe got married, or they have kids wich are growing, or strugling to work etc, so its normal for them not to be active as before, and we dont blame nobody for this, and they dont need to put a burden on themself for not being active as before, its something very normal

2.the rights of the brothers and sister that are members here is that all of you have the right to request from the administrator of the forum to make new active moderator,s that will be more active in forum with things wich are need it for the people wich are rmembers here, olso you can give ideas to the new moderators how to make the forum more active etc

so use this thread from now to see are there many of you that whant to have this forum more active, then make request from main adminstrator of the forum to deal with this, it dosnt cost to the adminstrater nothings to give a chance to all of them that whant to make the forum more active, then thos new active mods and members can go into action : )

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

My brothers and sisters in islam Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu,

I posted that video. The caption along with it was merely a question that asked if that could possibly be an angel. Given sahih hadeeths such as:
From Zayd ibn thabit Al-ansari (radiya allahu anhu) said I heard the Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم say: “O tooba (a tree in paradise/glad tidings) for the Shaam!, O tooba (a tree in paradise/glad tidings) for the Shaam!, O tooba (a tree in paradise/glad tidings) for the Shaam!”
They said: “O Messanger of Allah! How did they get this?” He replied “The angels of Allah have rested their wings upon the Shaam

One could argue that's its a possibility. Once again, only Allah has Knowledge of all of this.
Someone replied and said that angels can't be seen with cameras. Now that's something beyond our knowledge. Only Allah knows for sure.

Sorry brother, I did not remember who posted the video but I apologize if I have hurt your feeling. I was thinking why they are making this type of propaganda videos this is not the way of muslims who are in distress.
Yes Shaam has special place in islam because of its scholars who spreaded the true message of islam by their teaching and manners. As far as I remember from different lectures, that after the death of our beloved Prophet Sallallahu alihi wassallam, many Shahabas moved to Shaam and lived there.

Wa alaikumassalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

I agree with the Indian subcontinent thing very much.. :D Seen it, seeing it all the while.. Way off the track..

But what i didn't understand is why throwing off the praying beads? Can you please tell me that, or somebody?
Peace :)

Brother, in his last sermon our beloved Prophet Sallallahu alihi wassallam said "I leave behind me two things, the QURAN and my example, the SUNNAH and if you follow these you will never go astray."
Counting zikir on fingers is sunnah which our Prophet Sallallahu alihi wassallam has done his whole life and if we follow it we keep alive a sunnah and we will be rewarded for that in sha Allah.

If you are from Indian subcontinent you know that most of the people there treat their prayer beads as a holy thing. They kiss and some time touch it to their forehead. Once I was told that when make dua keep the prayer beads on the palm of your hand because it increases the chance of your dua being accepted as if prayer beads can intercede on our behalf, Naujubillah.

Br. Ayman had views TTI didn't approve of. The mod team after many advices and warning decided to ban him. He was helpful but I think I trust the mods more.

Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

I can relate to that. We've got a lot of cultural Islam going on in our areas.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Br. Pervaiz means using prayers beads is bid'ah I think this is what we learn from IslamQA. However, I think I'll search on it a lil in case their is another valid opinion. If that is so, then I don't think we have to go for a mass movement to make people throw their beads in the trash lol.

Yes sister you are right, I was telling using prayer beads deviates us from a sunnah of our Prophet Sallallahu alihi wassallam. Once I listen to a lecture of brother Abdur Rahman Green in which the brother mentioned that once muslim army neglected to use siwaak and had difficulty in defeating enemy army. So following sunnahs are important because they please Allah subhanahu wa taala.
I wish Allah subhanahu wa taala give me the opportunity to start the mass movement you told about because using prayer beads destroying a Sunnah. Every sunnah is important and following this sunnah is very easy.
If we want our prayers to be answered, we must follow the Quran and Sunnah 100% all the time.

Assalamu 'alaykkum

If I have permission to write here, yes there is another valid opinion. That is it is not outright Bid'ah. Scholars just say it is better not to use it (so that people don't imitate you and make it preferable). However, it is permissible.

Here is the opinion of Shaykh `Abdul-`Aziz ibn `Abdullah ibn Baz - http://alifta.com/Fatawa/Fatwaprint.aspx?id=5743&BookID=14§ionid=

What some scholars say as bid'ah is that when people make using prayer beads preferable over using fingers. That was the opinion of Shaykh Uthaymeen as well.

My English is not good and I apologize in advance if I have unintentionally hurt someones feeling.

May Allah subhanahu wa taala forgive me if I have written something wrong.

Wa alaikumassalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalaamu alaykum,
I was/am feeling the same way you do sister. TTI was a warm home where we could be comforted when things didn't go too well. Many of us turned here when we wanted to learn more about our Deen. By the grace and mercy of Allah we found people who didn't judge us, laugh at us if we asked stupid question and most importantly, those who became like family. The old TTI is sort of dead, I personally stay away from posting or replying to threads because I dislike arguing and most of what I see now is just that---pure immature debates! When members join here first and one of them asks, or posts concerning threads---we start finger pointing and forget the purpose of that thread. The member posts personal dilemmas not to be questioned or criticized but to be comforted and loved. We used to have that before on TTI, but now---it is a different story. The absence of many TTI-ans might be due to them becoming busy with life as it demands so much from us, but it also be due to Iman changes. The higher your imaan is sister, the more energy and yearning you have for Islam---thats why back then we posted, replied and created atmosphere of love and compassion filled with educational topics about Islam, Allah, and his messenger (Peace be upon him). As our imaan declines, we become lethargic, lazy and unresponsive. I personally stay away from posting new things because I feel like "If I am not practicing it, why preach it?"
The pickering and figure pointing I see here if and when I log in just makes matters worse. I know a lot of us might be going through that phase---some of us still participate, others choose to disappear. Whatever the case, I pray for an imaan boost and the golden TTI to be returned bi-ithnillah!

You just killed the old TTI by saying that, ukht. This explains why we don't see you posting around anymore. Backing out isn't really helping, sister. You and Your evil twin should be back on work. I mean Suhanaah. It's fun when the two of you are around. I miss your posts filled with that biggrin smiley. May be you left because that Smiley is gone. That's a shame.

Hope to get see you and her posting again Inshaa`Allaah.
assalam alaykum brothers and sisters

. . . .this, it dosnt cost to the adminstrater nothings to give a chance to all of them that whant to make the forum more active, then thos new active mods and members can go into action : )

Those are some valid points. JazaakAllaahu khayraa.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Commenting on sister IHearIslam's "The old TTI is dead" post, I wouldn't say its totally dead. Maybe its just in ICU at the moment. Sometimes its in the mental ward. But definitely not dead - its got some serious problems, but its still alive and kicking.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:

Commenting on sister IHearIslam's "The old TTI is dead" post, I wouldn't say its totally dead. Maybe its just in ICU at the moment. Sometimes its in the mental ward. But definitely not dead - its got some serious problems, but its still alive and kicking.

Lol! Sister, are you frequenting some hospital these days?

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Assalamu 'alaikum
There can be finite number of reasons why many don't frequent TTI.Life keeps changing and that's the beauty alhamdulillah,although it does bring nostalgia along,but then thats included ...khayr insha'Allah all of these feelings are for this world,may Allah gather us all in jannah.Ameen
Although,I would suggest that people who don't have any good company of muslims nearby or dont have a strong iman and company to frequent websites like TTI,as it would keep them from erring bi'idhnillah,it would be a form of a virtual group.A group(of good muslims) is necessary for survival,as it is in our fitrah.It would assist you when you in good and cooperate and stop you when you are going in the wrong direction.Individualism will kill us but a group would stop us from faling.
wasalam

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu alaykum,

Sister Tabassum and sister Seeking Allaah's mercy---you missed the "sort of" part on my post. I didn't say it is dead I said "It is sort of dead." Those are two different things :p One says it is in the verge of dying (like sister Tabassum put it--ICU condition) but it can well be back and functioning soon. The other one says, it is dead and has no life. Mine is the former:) makes sense?? And yea where is Suhaanah anyway? I can list a number of names who've disappeared---lol
This explains why we don't see you posting around anymore
Kinda, but not really. I am still around, just not posting much. I am getting my groove on ukht. Insha'Allah, I will try my best to post more often!

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum to everyone,I've joined here on 2012,I learnt very important things from this forum,I too feel something different from the first time.maybe it's due to the fact that we have our things to do and have no much time to spend here.I really regret the days when I stayed much time here to reply and search,but now It's difficult because of my hard work at home.I also feel "cold" when I look at the front page of the forum:I was attracted from this site,from the green page of it,while now it has got a white-dominant colour.While I was far from Italy I had the possibility to open the eyes to many things,and I unconsciously stopped spending much time on internet.As everything begins,it will sooner or later will end.only Allah won't fail

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.

At least my thread brought some of you out of your hiding. That's a good thing.

That reminds me, how is you shoulder?

-x-x-x-
It's nice to see how everyone of us has something to share out of their TTI memory. Speak out everyone. You may not get this chance again.

Alhamdhulillah its 90% back to normal now. Allah is able to do everything. :)