One of the most happiest days of my life, Alhamdulilah

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear brothers and sisters

May you all be in the good state of health and eman with mercy of Allah, InshAllah.

I would like to share my personal experiance on starting wearing my Hijab Alhamdulillah, and how Hijab helped me to practise Islam more and be more closer to Allah.

I pray to Allah that my story be useful and benifical to all my Muslim sisters, but as well remainder for us all that Allah hears and accepts all our du’as if we honestly rely only on Him.

Bismillah Al Rahmaan Al Raheeem

As I thoughtfully gaze out of the window of my room, the beautiful and soft voice of the Adhan awakes me from my silent reverie. I hurry to perform my wudhu and pray Salah, although I feel sad to break from my moment of reflection, I know that Allah always comes first before anything.

I remember that it was around the same time of the season –the sad autumn but with beautiful and diffrent colour leaves falling on the ground. — that I was still lost and did not know to which way to go.

But Allah is the One Who is the Most Merciful and He is the One and Only Who continues to guide mankind toward the right path and towards Himself. Although I was born in a traditonal Muslim family, I had not prayed regularly Salah, nor wear Hijab. Although I have always weared modest cloth Alhamdulilah, in my heart I knew there is still missing something with what Allah is more pleased.

So in a similar moment as I was thinking thoughtfully and reflecting over my life and my purpose here in this Dunya, I suddenly noticed a sister beautifully covered with Hijab amidst the traffic and bustle of the city.

As I recall from that time, a few years ago, it was quite rare to see a Muslimah covered properly with Hijab even though our city is predominantly Muslim. This sister looked so beautiful and modest in her white Hijab, carefully wrapped over her head with the lowered end of her scarf over her shoulders, that I thought: Ya Allah, how beautiful is this Islamic cloth? I have never seen anything more beautiful in my life!

The message that this cloth was conveying to me was the essence of modesty and the pinnacle of Muslim identity. I wished to call out her “Salaam” but as I was not covered myself I felt shy to do so. However, in that very moment that I was going to turn my head away to another direction and watch how river is flowing peacefully and on that way prasing Allah Almighty ,my kind Muslim sister smiled to me and called out to me “Salaam.”

Days passed by but the image of that sister in Hijab from our train station refused to leave my mind. I would watch out for sisters at my school, on the street, in market, as they would pass happily and beautifully wrapped in their Hijabs; they all looked so beautiful and clean, like protected roses.

I thought: Is there anything more beautiful than this rose garden which is watered by Iman and true belief in Allah? Although I was already dressing modestly, I still could not ignore the way men would look at me. So I made du’aa to Allah: please protect me from these kind of lustful glances, because, ya Allah, I know that this is wrong.

I would close my eyes and try to imagine what it would feel like walking fully covered in Hijab. I too would imagine myself smiling and happly walking like those sisters I saw daily. I thought how safe and secure I would feel, and that with every step I took I would be in a state of ‘Ibadah to Allah, and proudly proclaiming my belonging to the Deen of Allah. But when I would open my eyes again, I would see myself back where I was, still uncovered; but only Allah knows how great this yearning of my heart was…

I called out: Ya Allah, please help me that one day I too have enough courage and faith in You to cover, and that through it I may be able to fulfil my Iman and my identity as a Muslimah. My heart was alone in making du’aa and I prayed to Allah that He help me to wear my Hijab with dignity and everything else that it represents.

“Insha’Allah” I thought to myself.

Alhamdulillah a hundred times over, that Allah accepted my du’as. He is the the Only Rabb, and He is sufficient for His Servants who put their trust only in Him. The day I covered myself with Hijab was the happiest day of my life; and with help of Allah, my family was also happy because of my decission and were very proud on me. My father told me, “Everything is more beautiful and has better value if it is covered and protected from strangers”.

I know that Allah hears every beat of my heart, and I know that when we honestly and truly rely only on Him, and make du’aa and ask help only from Him, Allah will never leave us to ourselves.

“Allah (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us).” (3:173)

And now I get up with tears in my eyes and open an old wooden box near my bed, which I take out for my Salah. This scarf I bought only few days ago. It is so beautiful: emerald in color and silky to the touch.

Sister Zohra

Assalamu Alaikum,

Masha'Allah sister. You story inspires me. I have yet to put on the hijab... I'm trying to take things one step at a time. But I will soon, insha'Allah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

As usual sister this is beautiful, just like you.

Sister Zohra...hijab brings so many blessings. ( You get to be like a girly girl all the time).

all4islam

Assalam-e-alikum

Mashallah sister..it feels so great when wearing hijab...jazakallah khair for sharing it with us..Sister Zohra Inshallah soon you will wearing hijab as well

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Salaam Sister,

Thank you for sharing such a beautifully written inspirational story. I pray Allah increase you constantly in Iman and fulfilled your dreams of this world and the next. Keep your sisters in your duas as well :)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Sister do you mind if I share your story via email to other sisters?

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear sisters for your kind words and support.

Alhamdulillah every our good deed which is done honestly for Allah, has a value,and as Muslims we should not forget that does not metter which obstacle we may find, our niyah and deads for Allah are more strong.

May Allah help you dear sister Zohra to start wearing Hijab soon Inshallah.:),and make your steps strong.

Dear sister " Findining light", of course that you can share my story Inshallah,and I pray to Allah that it be helpfull on some way to all my sisters in Islam.

May Allah bless you. Ameen.

:wasalam:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

a_stranger

:salah:
:ma:Sister, beautiful memories. I pray that Allah rewards us for all that we do to please him. I hope more muslem sisters feel the beauty of higab and modesty.