Online marriage/Online chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
:bismillah:

:salam2: Brothers & Sisters,

I was just a bit curious,about online marriage and online chatting.

-Is it haram or halal to go on websites that searches for a bride or groom for your suitability?:biggrin:

-Is online chatting halal/haram to guy/girl?:cool:

-What about chatting on forums like current one I am writting on and etcs?

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING TO THE HEART! (LOL):bananabb2in:

Jazzak-Allah Khair

:wasalam: :rolleyes:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Speaking to someone of the opposite gender, like we do on this website, is not haram.

It needs to be done according to Islamic guidelines. So, it is haram if the person does things such as flirting and being immoral. If anyone does that on this website, you can simply tell the admin or moderators.. and we will deal with him or even her!

Many muslims find it difficult getting married, particularly in the West. I have met many who have got married successfully through the internet. Its the last resort for a lot of people, and it can be a good thing if it works out. However, the people who speak on it need to do so in a manner which is not haram. So, they shouldnt be dating, chatting inappropriately etc It would be better if a girl got her parents to make the marriage ad and talk to the guy. This would ensure that no immoral talk occurred.

- Also, keep in mind that a lot of things in the real world can lead to haram too. SO, the rulings for real world used for internet.

And a lot of so-called practising Muslim brothers and sisters do a lot of harm to the Ummah by passing verdicts about marriage etc.. and sometimes they disregard the Wali. An important point to make is that the Wali is very important. A Wali is the Muslim guardian of the girl. Her Father, brother, or perhaps an Imam. She must have his approval. This is to safeguard her rights and ensure she is married to a good person.

Speaking on this Forum is not haram. Learning knowledge is important. And the Sahaba would seek knowledge from the noblest of women in the world. The Wives of the Prophet :saw:. Aisha would teach the Sahaba from behind a screen.

Many of the scholars of the past learnt from female scholars. For example, Shaykh Al Islam Ibn Taymiyyah.

We try to stop people from abusing this site for purposes other than Islamic. In particular we are weary of new members, and occassionally rules are broken.
If anyone does get any PMs on this website, please contact the Site admin or Moderators. By using Contact US, or sending us a PM.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

LOL :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

How would I delete one of the post above!

:bananabb2in: :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in:

3assal

zarah said:

:salam2:

Jazzak-Allah khair sister!:eek:

:wasalam: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mabsoot said:
3assal is a sister.. lol

which reminds me to put something that shows if someone is a male or female

lool :p :bananabb2in: I thought the little girl in my avatar will hint i am a sister! haha

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu alaikum

Sorry I should of realize. the only reason I thought it was a brother due to the user name.

I thought its "Faissal" !:biggrin:

LOL:)

:wasalam:

3assal

zarah said:

Sorry I should of realize. the only reason I thought it was a brother due to the user name.

I thought its "Faissal" !:biggrin:

LOL:)

lol its ok ;) its 3assal, the arabic word for honey :p

Beko29

Im LoViNg It.. ISLAM

hmm just wanna say brothers can also have littel girl avatar :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in:

your brother........LOL

3assal

Beko29 said:

hmm just wanna say brothers can also have littel girl avatar :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in:

your brother........LOL

yes thats true... lol your avatar is a good example of that... lol

muslima80 said:
Asalaam

Sister 3assal i love ur avatar...da lil girl is so cute...:ma:

W/salaam

MashAllah she is very cute, I "borrowed" this avatar from fellow moderator Hajar ;)

So we got off track here, what do you guys think of online marriage/online chat?

3assal

My opinion :p

My father always used to say, that if I were to marry let him be someone who the whole family knows. This way my family will know if they come from a good or bad family, and if the man had a good character, deen and what his intentions are. I think this is the best way to find marriage.

I know of two brothers who married women they met online. As to where they met I am not sure, but they came to an agreement and got married. One of the brothers had 4 children. He gave his wife everything, yet she was not pleased, and they ended up in a divorce. Well, she threw him out of the house :astag:. The other brother, married in 2004. He is very happy with his wife. They have a beautiful baby girl.

Its pure luck that you would find someone good/bad. You never know what you will get. A person may seem nice and handsome/pretty, but you dont know any personal information about them and what their true intentions are.

This is my humble opinion, I am not trying to make anyone agree with me. I'm just expressing my point of view in the subject. Astagfurallah if I am wrong for thinking this way.

with that clear,

3assal

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaam

Yes we got abit carried away wit avatars...lol...:bananabb2in: :bananabb2in:

About on line marriage...hmmm not to sure... Im bit wary on people i dont no...mayb scared how dey wil turn out after marriage..

A close friend of mine told me to read 'sura taha' which is good for marriage. 3 of my mates i no who have read sura taha have had good proposals from this...
Insha-allah i wil also benefit from it 2....insha-allah i wil leav decision to allah swt...

Allah no's best..
W/salaam

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:salam2: Sisters/Brothers,

Wow:ma:

Jazzak-Allah khair for your opinions!:biggrin:

Seems like everyone got a bit carried away with avators! (LOL):biggrin: :biggrin:

:wasalam: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Beko29

Im LoViNg It.. ISLAM
:salam2: brothers and sisters

I think its best to know and see people or know there familie in matter of married. i dont trust the Net !! lol
yes its difficult to find a good man or women in europe to married ( my mother is tired of me lol.get married she say everyday. lol)
but if we follow this hadit i think it will be easyer. (inculded myself)
I always wonder where my NASIB is !!

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "A woman is married for four things, i.e., her wealth, her family status, her beauty and her religion. So you should marry the religious woman (otherwise) you will be a losers.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

LOL! :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in: :bananabb2in:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.