OUR KIDS:OUR HAPPINESS & OUR RESPONSIBILITIES

maria_hajjaj

Salamu alaycum
Most of us ,are parents, others will became- in sha Allah -
Becaming a parent, it's not so dificult, but being a GOOD PARENTS ,Ooo, that is something!!
Since we are kids,we have all kind of fears: starting with school, exams, further on career,to get married etc
But, to be a good parent, is the most beautifull and dificult period from a muslim's life!
Yes, I said muslim's life! WHY? because To Be a Muslim -- it's a gift from Allah(swt) and a duty for you!!
Your duty to respect and share Islam, to teach the new generations and we all do this through our kids first.
It's a continuously fight with the Evel , wich appear in so many ways....
Regarding the problems wich may appear when you rise your kids in a non muslim country (and not only -unfortunatelly) I can say this: I'm a romanian muslim, I live with my husbant in Romania.Our child is only 3 years old and, we are already questioningly -what to do-, -where to live- where is better for his religious education..
Before...was much more easy; you could 've choose a muslim country and live there( was safety for your life and safety for your religion), but now......many things have changed....in politics, and in religion.
I've met in muslim's countries parents who confrounts the same problems with their kids, like other muslims in Europe, USA etc.
I see what are the problems for the muslim parents (especially who has girls)...it is not easy at all! As a parents, it is our duty to teach our kids about Islam.But the most important think is to help them TO LOVE Islam!!! When you ask your child to do something wich Islam sais, let him do it because he loves Allah and not because he's afraid from you!! Allah(swt) will not accept anything from us if it's done without faith, just from fear!
With your permition I can give some advices:
-first:be yourself a good muslim,you have to be ' a model' for your child
-choose as famely relations good people with 'healthy mind' and 'good character'
-take the kid to the mosque, late him feel that he's a part of huge and beautifull famely
-encourage him to pray, as a baby, even he doesn't spell it right
-be his parent, but don't forget to be his friend also,,

Regarding only the daughters, the subject <hijab> is allways a sensitive one <especially in a non-muslim country>
I just want to say this: <Don't be in rush to put the roof, before you have a good fundation and strong walls!>

And muslim parents must not forget what Allah(swt) said: "..Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; And argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance..." 16\125
SALAMU ALAYCUM WA RAHMATULAHI WA RABARAKATU

new-muslim

Salam ualaikum Maria

That was beautifully said. I think its a very hard job bringing up children as good muslims. I have a daughter that's just turned 9 and two younger kids. It gets harder as they get older!! My nine year old just wants to fit in to life in the UK, do what her friends do, go to the xmas party, listen to the latest movie, have keraoke competitions etc etc. I find it very hard at times, especially as a convert, trying to teach her all the right things in life. May i ALSO ADD SHE DOESN'T DO all THINGS i MENTIONED ABOVE!! Sometimes it feels like in Islam we can't do this or that and she feels that's not fair. I don't know IF IT'S ME THAT'S BAD AT EXPLAINING THINGS but I do try to explain why we can't do certain things as Muslims. Some things she says worries me from an Islamic point of view. Anyway insh'allah I will be a good parent and bring my kids up well.. In sh'allah we are moving to an Islamic country in about a month for a few years and I'm sure that will be good for us all.

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
very well put, and I know for me growing up muslim is was so hard, but I feel if only i was more evolve in the community and has whole family...u know both parents. Many of brothers would not have left islam. The females in my family stayed muslim becuz of my mother but I father was rarely around and when he was around...it still felt like he was not around. So insha'allah I pray I married a great man who will be a great role model for my children.

hager

well,

this's so nice topic,thx really
well,
when i was in love ....with christain guy,amercain..
it was bull*!*!*!*!,stupid..,i know
i was dreaming
when we start talking about marriage...alot of things where different between us
as:i wants my kids bring up in muslim country,he refuse to leave u.s
i can't bring my kids in society like u.s...
i wants learn them arabic...but whole society speak english..even their father...
and going to mosque...knowing the halal from haram...i want them apperciate their neigbours..in time..their father doesn't talk to his neighbours
alottt of things..
i want it in my kids...but,it was complicated..about love,religion,our life style,so on

maria_hajjaj

Dear sister Annette, it's a real 'jungle' out-there and our chance to have our kids protect, it's to pray Allah (swt) to gide us how to deel with them and ask Him take care of them! And I said <to Pray>!!! as muslims, we have to do our prayers like Allah (swt) order!! It's one of the first 5 most demanding dutys of a muslim!!! I' ve read one of your posting when you said that is dificult for you to do your prayrs in time! I know wath you meen... I bacame muslim 7 years ago...and was not easy at the begining,especially for al- Fajr...- I was doing all prayers but I couldn't wake-up for al-Fajr. But then, someting very Bad happent for my famely and I promesed to Allah and to myself that if everything it will rezolve with the situation - I will never-ever past al-Fajr! And Alhamdulillah the situation transformed from the worst into the best and since then, I feel a real bless tht Allah(swt) allwoud me to wake each morning to do my prayer... What I meen is that we - you- have so many thinks to thank for Allah ( you became muslim, having 3 kids etc), and so many thinks to ask Him (keeping us on the right way,taking care of our kids, bleasing our famely and house...)! Please Think for one moment:: anything, and I meen ANYTHING can wait for 5 min while you are praying! How great example you'll give to your boys & daugther seeing their mother praying..... Don't tell them just theory- EXEMPLAY --You'll fell so great..in sha Allah! Something else...in the evening, when you put your kids into the bad, recit them 3 times surat 'AL- IKHLAS' , surat 'AL-FALAQ' and surat 'AN-NAS!! they will have a peacefull sleep and you will fell a better mam'. Your leaving into a muslim country it is probable the best think, at least untill your kids will catch roots in Islam.. May Allah(swt) Bless you and your famely. AND PRAY!!!

maria_hajjaj

very well put, and I know for me growing up muslim is was so hard, but I feel if only i was more evolve in the community and has whole family...u know both parents. Many of brothers would not have left islam. The females in my family stayed muslim becuz of my mother but I father was rarely around and when he was around...it still felt like he was not around. So insha'allah I pray I married a great man who will be a great role model for my children.

dear sister Lilli, are so many kids who need to forget their childhood... But it is better not to...put in your mind and soul <do not make how your father did> and ask Allah (swt) to guide you and you'll have a good husbant and you'll be a great parent ( cause you already know "what not to do"!!)
May Allah(swt) Bless you and guide you for the best!!:tti_sister:

maria_hajjaj

this's so nice topic,thx really
well,
when i was in love ....with christain guy,amercain..
it was bull*!*!*!*!,stupid..,i know
i was dreaming
when we start talking about marriage...alot of things where different between us
as:i wants my kids bring up in muslim country,he refuse to leave u.s
i can't bring my kids in society like u.s...
i wants learn them arabic...but whole society speak english..even their father...
and going to mosque...knowing the halal from haram...i want them apperciate their neigbours..in time..their father doesn't talk to his neighbours
alottt of things..
i want it in my kids...but,it was complicated..about love,religion,our life style,so on

Dear sister -hager- Evil has so many ways to track us down...but if we turn our face to Allah(swt) and ask for forgiving and coumplishe our muslims duty, Allah in His Mercy will save His faithfull servants! Be gratefull to Allah that he saved you from making the bigest mistakes a muslim woman can do - PRAY FOR FORGIVING AND BE A REAL MUSLIM
you have so much to give and to receive....
May Allah(swt) Bless you and guide you to the right way.