Pakhto/pashto section

A.Abubaker

although keeping it updated would be a struggle as I am not sure how many pakhto speakers we have on the forum. However, I think it might still be nice to have a Pakhto language section on the forum, It might also attract more visitors....whether that is a good thing or bad depends on the quality of the visitors.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

depends on how many people want a certain section and if it can be moderated effectively.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamu alaykum,

depends on how many people want a certain section and if it can be moderated effectively.
Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Is there a change of plans brother? A couple of times people request Urdu Section but you said you weren't interested in starting a new section back then. I took your post as saying, you may start another section if you have "X" number of members interested and if it can be moderated effectively.

Hope I didn't get the message wrong.

Brother A.AbuBakr, maybe you should start a poll on it to see how many people are interested?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Which script do Pakhto / Pashto speakers use? Is it same as Urdu and Farsi? same number of letters?

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Derived from Arabic, yes, but with a very different addition and variety of sounds and letters. In total, the alphabet counts 45. In addition to the heavy/light Arabic letters, Pakhto has its own difficulties and is similar to Urdu in this regard, but Farsi/Dari lacks these letters.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

I teached before sister from Afghanistan and her language was Dari. I used Arabic with her and we understood each others such and such.

o_O

Not well but enough.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Yes, according to literature, there are nine 'yaa' letters, but they can also be narrowed down to four. The picture below is missing a few of those. Other than that, the rest is quite accurate.

pashto.gif