Pakistan woman stoned by family outside Lahore court

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Pakistani woman stoned by family outside Lahore court

A Pakistani woman has been killed by her relatives outside Lahore High Court for marrying against their wishes.

Police said 30-year old Farzana Bibi died on the spot after being attacked with bricks and sticks.

Her father handed himself in, but police say her brothers and former fiancee, who also took part in the attack, were still free.

Correspondents say hundreds of girls and women in Pakistan are killed every year by family members.

However, many more killings are believed to go unreported.

Farzana Bibi's parents accused her husband, Muhammad Iqbal, of kidnapping her, and had filed a case against him at the High Court.

However, she testified to police that she had married him of her own accord. Police said the couple had been engaged for a number of years.

As she arrived at the court building for a hearing, police said about a dozen family members pulled her aside and began to attack her and her husband, who managed to escape.

Police official Umer Cheema told Reuters that all the family members escaped after the killing, apart from her father, who has admitted his role in her death.

The BBC's Shumaila Jaffery says marriage against the wishes of relatives is culturally unacceptable in some parts of Pakistan.

Under Pakistani law, the victim's family is allowed to forgive the killer. However, in many cases family members are themselves responsible for the killing.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-27593504

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Souch barbaric crimes are commited in this country, and all in the name of reliogion. I do not understand how people in Pakistan or any other country can tolerate these kind of crimes and do nothing about it. May Allah reward you with beautiful Jannah Farzana and punish your killers. Amin.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

It makes no sense. No sense. This is simply murder. Cold blooded murder.
It is insane. May Allah swt forgive us.
Maybe someone can explain to me where the family feels justified in killing a child.
I do not understand. Of all the issues in life this family could not find a solution except murder?

noora1

Statue of Liberty under the clouds! :D
How do people kill their own child in such a way. Pure evil. The people who did this to her should get stoned, seems like a fitting punishment.

zaman-gm

Salam. I can't understand how a human can kill another where as a single drop of blood shake my heart.
I heard a painful/disgusting new few days ago held in Pakistan. I'm not going to post the text direct. here is the link-
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/15/pakistani-brothers-arrested-suspicion-cannibalism

I feel that Ayah of Quran Surah Ar Rahman My Allah SWT say_
("Taught the Qur'an", then "Created man")
So without the light of Quran man are not man.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Assalamu'alaikum!Rather it's not her mistake alone did it ever occurs to her family that the poor young' gullible girl got cheated into signing her marriage ???Now her husband can go scot free into his 3rd married (his first wife die some year ago) .Can't they wait until the court decision first, for sure that old man(her husband ) got jail into cheating young girl,and she can come back to them plus a new addition to their family even it's in bad shape but hey this world is not tiny like their brains~astaghfirullahal azim.

Last edited:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
innalillah.jpg

mohammad-iqbal.jpg

Mohammad Iqbal sits next to his wife Farzana's body, who was killed by family members, in an ambulance outside of a morgue in Lahore May 27, 2014.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Assalamu'alaikum!Rather it's not her mistake alone did it ever occurs to her family that the poor young' gullible girl got cheated into signing her marriage ???Now her husband can go scot free into his 3rd married (his first wife die some year ago) .Can't they wait until the court decision first, for sure that old man(her husband ) got jail into cheating young girl,and she can come back to them plus a new addition to their family even it's in bad shape but hey this world is not tiny like their brains~astaghfirullahal azim.

She was 30 years old from what was written on the article. She was an adult woman. And from what I read her family wanted money from the man which he did not have so after the family refused they went ahead with their marriage. I really just don't understand how a family can control every aspect of a woman's life. Some cultures really need to change because it's just ridiculous. They basically make it seem like girls and women are the family's property. Wrong! On so many levels.

Precious Star

She was killed by her family because she married without their permission, without a wali, and then became pregnant. A marriage without a fathers permission means the marriage is unIslamic hence the baby illegitimate .

That is how Muslims around the world distort Islam. This was not one Muslim father killing his Muslim daughter. This was an ENTIRE Muslim family killing the girl. In the most barbaric means possible -- bricks, in public.

Unfortunate girls in Muslim countries are tortured or killed every day by their elders, authority figures, and menfolk. The pregnant mother in Sudan who us in jail with her baby and sentenced to death -- not sure what is going on there.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Yes a marriage without wali is invalid in islam, but for the guardians to completely take away a woman's choice and force is also haraam. They will lose their wali status if they don't have valid reasons for not allowing their daughter to marry someone.

Precious Star

Yes a marriage without wali is invalid in islam, but for the guardians to completely take away a woman's choice and force is also haraam. They will lose their wali status if they don't have valid reasons for not allowing their daughter to marry someone.

I know but most Muslims in Pakistan don't think that way. They distort islam and make up whatever rules they want.

This is a cold, hard fact that we have to accept: Muslims are not progressing. They are slipping backward on a grand scale. It is 2014, as a global Muslim ummah incidents like this should not be happening. Those school girls in Nigeria should never have been kidnapped in the name of Islam. It's just terrible what is happening. You never hear about a Muslim man being punished or whipped for failing to financially support his parents or off having an affair.