party today... permitted???

Oem Soufiane

assalamu aleikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuh,

i have been invited for a party today, two peoplle came back from mecca and throwing a party, it seems to become a big party in the mosque and i don't know if this is permitted. The people used to be very gossipliking people and their daughters too. I know they should be forgiven for this, but the people who will be attending are the same as before. So, is it permissible to throw a big party after hadj, and is it permissible for me to attend? answer quick please djazakalahu ghairan, Oem soufiane

Oem Soufiane

No brother it's in the mosque, we will be seperated, but the party at itself is it permissable after hadj? i never heard of it actually and now it's like becoming an eid or something, it seems like exaggerating to me, so i need to know if this party at itself is permissable

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
then it's permissable to make party cause of..
It is mustahabb to make food for the returning traveller, whether it is made by the traveller himself or by someone else for him, as indicated by the hadeeth of Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him), according to which the Messenger of Allaah :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), when he came back to Madeenah from a journey, would slaughter a camel or a cow. Narrated by al-Bukhaari.

....Quote from Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 21/16 in Etiquette of travelling to Hajj and elsewhere

Allah knows the best

<wasalam>

Oem Soufiane

barakallahu fieki akhi, i thought that making food for the hadji was to give him some rest after the travel, didnt know about the slaughtering part mashallah, now i understand it completely.