PATIENCE/SABR - NEED HELP

Precious Star

Dear friends,
Thank you for helping me whenever I post the latest chapter of my sorrow (see Hopeful but Heartbroken).

At this time, on the eve of the New Year and as I am turning 40, I desperately need some prayers to give me PATIENCE and CONTENTMENT WITH GOD'S DECREE.

I have prayed so much! I have tried to remain close to Allah SWT. But you know what? I have cried almost every day for the last 2 months!

I need to put my past heartbreak behind me, but despite all my prayers it is consuming my thoughts and I remain in despair.

PLEASE, PLEASE, I sincerely ask anyone who reads this: please send me prayers of patience that i can read and reflect on. Please...I need these prayers to help me get through each day....I just can't seem to get past the heartbreak and I can't seem to stop crying and I need HOPE in my life!

Thank you in advance to everyone who replies.

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
Salam Alikom Wr Wb
This invocation is call the invocation of huzn Sorrowness

{There is no god but God Almighty Halim, no god but Allah, Lord of the Throne, is no god but Allah, Lord of the heavens and Lord of the Earth, Lord of the holy throne}

and if you do understand Arabic
{لا الَه إلا َّ الله العَظيم الَحليم، لا اله إلا َّالله ربّ ِ العَرْشِ العظِيم، لا اله إلاَّ الله ربِّ السَّماوات وربِّ الأَرض ِ ربِّ العَرشِ الكَريم} .
\
Quran sister is the solution of evey problem
try to seek knowledge
try to be a knowledge seeker
because it increases you Iman and makes you happy
may Allah Guide us

Idris16

SubhânAllâh I'm sad then.. maybe you have answered this in your thread before but why hasn't your family helped you? I will make du'a for you insha'Allâh.

salahdin

أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ السَّمِيعِ الْعَلِيمِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ مِنْ هَمْزَهِ وَنَفْخِهِ وَنَفْثِهِ​

سُوۡرَةُ البَقَرَة

يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ ٱسۡتَعِينُواْ بِٱلصَّبۡرِ وَٱلصَّلَوٰةِ*!ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ مَعَ ٱلصَّـٰبِرِينَ​

(153. O you who believe! Seek help in patience and As-Salah (the prayer). Truly, Allah is with As-Sabirin (the patient).
2:153

The Virtue of Patience and Prayer

After Allah commanded that He be appreciated, He ordained patience and prayer. It is a fact that the servant is either enjoying a bounty that he should be thankful for, or suffering a calamity that he should meet with patience. A Hadith states:

«عَجَبًا لِلْمُؤْمِنِ لَا يَقْضِي اللهُ لَهُ قَضَاءً إلَّا كَانَ خَيْرًا لَهُ: إِنْ أَصَابَتْهُ سَرَّاءُ فَشَكَرَ كَانَ خَيْرًا لَهُ وإنْ أَصَابَتْهُ ضَرَّاءُ فَصَبَرَ كَانَ خَيْرًا لَه»​
(Amazing is the believer, for whatever Allah decrees for him, it is better for him! If he is tested with a bounty, he is grateful for it and this is better for him; and if he is afflicted with a hardship, he is patient with it and this is better for him.)

Allah has stated that the best tools to help ease the effects of the afflictions are patience and prayer. Earlier we mentioned Allah's statement:

[وَاسْتَعِينُواْ بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ وَإِنَّهَا لَكَبِيرَةٌ إِلاَّ عَلَى الْخَـشِعِينَ ]​
(And seek help in patience and As-Salah (the prayer) and truly, it is extremely heavy and hard except for Al-Khashi`in [i.e., the true believers in Allah]) (2:45)

There are several types of Sabr ـ patience: one for avoiding the prohibitions and sins, one for acts of worship and obedience. The second type carries more rewards than the first type. There is a third type of patience required in the face of the afflictions and hardships, which is mandatory, like repentance.

`Abdur-Rahman bin Zayd bin Aslam said, "Sabr has two parts: patience for the sake of Allah concerning what He is pleased with (i.e., acts of worship and obedience), even if it is hard on the heart and the body, and patience when avoiding what He dislikes, even if it is desired. Those who acquire these qualities will be among the patient persons whom Allah shall greet (when they meet Him in the Hereafter; refer to Surat Al-Ahzab 33:44), Allah willing.''

The Messenger of Allah (Salal-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “One amongst the inhabitants of Hell, who had lived a life of ease and pleasure in the world, would be made to dip in the Hell Fire only once on the Day of Resurrection. Then he would be asked: ‘O son of Adam, Did you find any comfort. Did you get any blessing?’ He would say: ‘By Allah, no, my Lord!’ Then a person, from the inhabitants of Paradise, who had led the most miserable life (in the world), would be made to dip once in Paradise and it would be said to him: ‘O son of Adam, did you face any hardship or experience any distress?’ he would say: ‘By Allah! No never have I experienced any hardship or distress’.” (Saheeh Muslim, No. 6738)

“And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to as-Saabireen (the patient ones). Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: “Inna lillaahi wa Inna Ilaihi Raaji’un (Verily to Allah we belong and verily, to Him we shall return).” They are those on whom are the Salawaat (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided-ones.” (2:155-157)

Dua/Supplication:
“Allahumma musarrifal-qulubi, sarrif qulubana `ala ta`atika” – O Allah! Controller of the hearts, direct our hearts to Your obedience…ameen

islamdonlyway

asalamualikum, sister just ponder upon these hadiths and quranic verses. have faith in allah, there is inshallah a better rewward waiting in the hearafter for those who are patient.

Al-Bukhaari (1496) and Muslim (1053) narrated that Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “…whoever is patient Allaah will bestow patience upon him, and no one is ever given anything better and more generous than patience.” And Muslim (918) narrated that Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (S) say: “There is no Muslim who is stricken with a calamity and says what Allaah has enjoined – ‘Verily to Allaah we belong and unto Him is our return. O Allaah, reward me for my affliction and compensate me with something better’ – but Allaah will compensate him with something better.”

And Muslim (2999) narrated that Suhayb (may Allaah be pleased with him)said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “How wonderful is the affair of the believer, for his affairs are all good, and this applies to no one but the believer. If something good happens to him, he is thankful for it and that is good for him. If something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience and that is good for him.”

“Surely, Allaah is with those who are As‑Saabiroon (the patient)”

[al-Anfaal 6:46]

“But if you endure patiently, verily, it is better for As‑Saabiroon (the patient)”

[al-Nahl 16:126]

Ahsen

Find a good man.Marry as soon as you can,but with the right person.You know we all are not perfect.We have to compromise with others.