Pepsi, Kraft, and Nestle products use aborted fetal cells for flavoring

MalikBrother

This is a quote of Arish Mccrary from that site.
http://www.senomyx.com/flavor_programs/

this is the site of the company pepsi kraft and nestle are funding... the truth is nobody even myself wants to believe it but sadly it is true. Its just mostly hidden. My wife and I both did research on this because we thought it was untrue. Believe me we were angry that we had to give up stride gum aquafina water and alot of sweets at first. The good news is we ended up finding cheaper products in the process. Its hidden info that you have to hunt for to find because these companies don't want you to know the truth. You can find it though if you look. good luck on you search for truth, if that is what you are searching for. If you want to believe mine or anyone elses post without seeking it out... I guess good luck to you anyways. Although I hope you look into every detail before believing any of this. I for one have studied it and come to the conclusion that no company deserves my money until I know where it goes, because it would seem most have dirty little secrets... thanks for taking the time to read my long post. I just wanted to say something that wasn't one sided. Even though I do believe these companies are in the wrong there is no reason we should attack each others character. It is a big issue, but if we truly are looking for truth we shall find it.

There is another member named is Stuart Parr from that site who begs to differ.

^ I don't know whether this is true or not. Only Allaah knows the truth. May Allaah (SWT) gives us a clue about this and guides us to the truth, Ameen!

Precious Star

This is a quote of Arish Mccrary from that site.

There is another member named is Stuart Parr from that site who begs to differ.

^ I don't know whether this is true or not. Only Allaah knows the truth. May Allaah (SWT) gives us a clue about this and guides us to the truth, Ameen!

Snopes is a website with urban legends.

Its a hoax.

Please, don't believe every thing you read. Aborted fetus' are discarded. They are not sold to the food and beverage industry.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

The company has used specific cells from an aborted fetus in testing.

Campbell Soup severed all ties with Senomyx.

Other companies are using Senomyx to enhance flavors. This is one of those individual ethical issues for the layman and for Muslims we really do need to ask the major scholars. The issues is not if they are still using the aborted fetus as they are not. It is that they had used the cells when they first conducted the tests.

Most of the tests on the flavors are conducted in Asia.

Here is a link that may be informative:http://www.cogforlife.org/senomyxpartnersrespond.htm

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum,if this matter is true or not,I don't know,but try to think how the chikens of a famous fast food are killed,how much cruelty it is used over those animals that almost everybody eats without asking if he's really eating a hamburger of beef or not.why should people ask how pepsi is done,if it's liked from everybody?a few days ago in Italy a famous trademark of Pasta had to retire its product because that pasta was filled with meat of horse instead of cow.but in summary there is nothing better than making everything at home with your hands,so that you're sure of what you eat or drink

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

The reason people are asking is that the company used cells from an aborted human fetus to grow other cells. The purpose is to develop flavors that make things sweeter. It is a matter of ethics. The consumer has the right to know how a producer makes a product.

If you take the time to read the links you will discover this is true. This does not mean that Pepsi is using the flavor enhancers. They are still employing the company that did the original testing.

Corporations only want to make money. They are unethical. They do not care about nutrition. This is an example of what lengths companies go to sell you a product.

You are correct. We do not need to be drinking soda. Invest in a juicer. It is healthier.

Gupta

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this flavor-enhancing company is using fetal cells to study taste receptors and that does not mean they actually mix fetuses in our food and drinks. There's a humongous difference there.

At first, I thought they actually grind up babies and make them into soda and chocolate. But I did some research and discovered that they only use cells to study how 800,000 artificial and natural flavors work on taste buds. I'm relieved now and I will continue to drink Pepsi :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

The initial study used cells obtained from an aborted human fetus. That was many years ago.

Pepsi employes the company; as do many other companies.

The question becomes ethical. It is ethical and moral. For the moral issue you have answered it yourself. You have no difficulty with the issue and will continue to drink the product. For some it becomes an ethical issue and they will discontinue business with the company such as Campbell Soups.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
I agree with aapa, this an ethical and moral issue. Using human cells in food products is nothing short of cannibalism. It is best to avoid eating out or these modern based foods. I never drink carbonated drinks, only time i do is when eating pizza and even then its either sprite or 7-up, or apple cider in orange juice to wash the pizza down. If you check the ingredients, additives, process of food making, origin, process of storage and packaging, products they are contained in, etc. you would stop eating so many things just based on health concerns. For example, do you know canned foods can give you cancer because the inside of the cans are laced with BPA. Did you know some breads have addictive E902 (wax) in it and E920 (Flour treatment agent derived from animal hair and chicken feathers. If from China - human hair.)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Two things:

1. Could the image be deleted please.

2. Yes, sister. We have to bear in mind that we are spiritual beings. Thus, we need to avoid foods that would impede our spirituality. That is the essence of what is lawful and what is forbidden. It is for our own goods. Eating/drinking that which is beneficial makes our salat and dua more powerful.

InshaAllah, I will walk past the cold cold Pepsi and walk to the mineral water. I have decided not to buy Perrier as I do not like what the French are doing in Africa. I thought we were living in a post-Colonial world.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'alaykum,

I removed the picture in the original post, and the picture that was quoted in sister Precious Star's reply.

My alternative to soft drinks is juice although checking the ingredients listed under the juice I have, it has aspartame which seems to be in all soft drinks. I have heard/read some of the dangers on it but not fully.

And chocolate, that is something I have difficulty giving up although I should cut down the portions.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

I am blessed as I am in the minority about chocolate. I can do without. However, chocolate is good for you. Dark chocolate is very good for you.

A good natural alternative for sugar is the stevia plant. It tastes good without the bitterness of the artificial sweeteners.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum

This is a good reminder as we should always be careful of what we put in our body. Aspartame is rubbish! There are juices like 'Rubicon' who have none of it but still, have home made juices! Chocolate, eat the 70% cocoa one, I know maybe it's too bitter for some people lol And we should educate the young generation too about eating! Too much sugar in their blood! Subhanallah!

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

Homemade juices is an excellent idea, specially made by the fresh fruits. No too much extra sugar when taste comes from the fruits or berries itself. As well, it is not too difficult to make sweets at home, also chocolate ones. Then you even can be sure what you really eat.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam aalikum,

I agree. I juice a lot. I will put a combination of fruits and veggies in there. I add ginger and garlic to the mix. I depends on the combination I desire. It is a wonderful way to cleanse your system. You lose weight and you have tons of energy. The film Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead is worth watching.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I like cooking and I prefere doing everything at home:bread,pizza,meat,pasta,cakes,biscuits,chips...it's also good to make children to take part to these activities.the children of nowdays eat kilos of chips from outside while watching tv.I make hamburger at home.people ask me often how I do,the answer is easy:be a housewife and you'll have to think with your head..I bet that many working men/women have no time to cook for their ownselves and they opt buying some ready food and eat without asking too many questions,because this is the system:you buy,spend money,eat,find your moneypocket "lighter" and the food was not of good quality,but you neede it because you have not time to do it at home...because you work too much to think to something other....this post is not adressed to anybody:it's only the result of my reflections and I think that I'm making the best job of the world. :)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

All these claims are just only intenet rumours, nothing else. Shame you who lost your time for them.

Finally, please do not believe everything you may come across on the net.

It is truly becoming increasingly difficult to establish truth from falsehood nowadays - esp. in an era where kids can create very professional-looking YouTube videos, and anyone can have a say in just about anything.

For our own sakes, if we come across something that we are unsure/ doubtful of, contact an expert in that particular field, or the company/ person involved directly to verify.

With regards to Coca Cola, they have a web-page that trys to dispel some of the 'rumours' that are floating around the internet:

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/contact-us/coca-cola-rumors-facts

Specifically - to its health effects, they mention the following:

1. Rumor: Coca-Cola can be used as a household cleaner

Fact

This rumor has taken on many forms, claiming that Coca-Cola, due to its acidic nature, can be used to clean toilets and corrosion from car batteries, loosen a rusted bolt and remove rust spots from car bumpers, remove grease from clothing, clean road haze from windshields, clean highways after traffic accidents, cook a steak, dissolve teeth, and bake a moist ham.

This rumor mentions that baking a ham basted with Coca-Cola produces a delicious gravy -- and that is definitely true! We are unaware of any state patrol officers using Coke for any purpose other than refreshment. Plain water or vinegar would be as effective and less costly for cleaning pavement. Vinegar, naturally acidic, is used as a household cleaner and also a common ingredient in marinades and salad dressings. Soaking an egg in vinegar causes the shell to soften -- an expected outcome because acid breaks down protein structure. Yet vinegar is completely safe as a food ingredient and enhances the flavor of many foods.

Soaking something in a soft drink or rubbing something with a cloth soaked in a soft drink is not at all like drinking a soft drink. People don't hold soft drinks in their mouths for long periods of time, nor rub their teeth with fabric soaked in soft drinks, so it doesn't make sense to extend these possible affects to normal use of the product. Because our teeth are constantly bathed by saliva, which helps buffer the effects of acids from foods and beverages, the effect on tooth enamel is greatly reduced. In fact, the acids in most foods are neutralized to a large degree by the saliva in the mouth long before they reach the stomach.

There is a small amount of edible acid present in many foods, including fruit juices, buttermilk, and soft drinks, such as Coca-Cola. These foods are not acidic enough to harm your body tissues -- in fact, your own natural stomach acid is stronger. It is possible that the edible acid in any of these products could have the effects described, even though it's still quite safe to drink these products. However, we don't make any claims relating to other uses. Instead, we recommend using products specifically designed for cleaning or rust removal.

The rumors about disappearing teeth, nails, steaks and various other objects are just that -- rumors. These stories continue to spring up and get recycled because each new generation finds them hard to ignore, but they simply are not true.

sabs1164

AmatuLLaH

Umm Abdullah

As-salaamu'alaykum,

I removed the picture in the original post, and the picture that was quoted in sister Precious Star's reply.

My alternative to soft drinks is juice although checking the ingredients listed under the juice I have, it has aspartame which seems to be in all soft drinks. I have heard/read some of the dangers on it but not fully.

And chocolate, that is something I have difficulty giving up although I should cut down the portions.

what's wrong with chocolate???