personality test

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
:salam2:

Baraka Allah feeki. Everything you said was basically real, but I wonder how they analyzed personalities in a simple formula (answering 70 questions)? Are there any special technique or hidden process to reach the outcome (for e.g. do they (websites) use the Stars for instance to analyze personalities)

That was fun!!!! thx

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam.

It took years for the developers of the test to refine it. In reality it is not difficult. Carl Jung took personailty traits and defined them as archtypes. There are a limited number. The test developers used the archtypes to construct questions. And using statistical forumula they were able to determine how a particular type would answer a question. If you notice the questions were repetitive. If you are interested you can pay and have professional interepertations the test is the Myers-Briggs Indicator.

Often if you are able you can uses descriptors from this for your resume. During interview it helps when you can honestly tell a prospective employer " I can meet deadlines".. I can an independent worker. I am adept at following rules and regualtions...I am a good co-worker...these statements let the boss know you will save them money and are effeient without causing drama..all the introverts can say I keep to myself...people love that...

I think this helps us to conduct our lives and understand how we conduct our lives. However, the most significant factor in my life is Islam. Short of Islam everything else is secondary. Islam holds the principles of conduct for me. Islam sets the guidelines for my morality. Islam dicates how I must be.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Jazaaki Allaahu Khayran. Thank You for that, it was very interesting. Your efforts are very much appreciated, as the replies will Inshallah roll in.

Wasalam

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Salaam,

Muslimah 86: ISFP: You are introverted, this does not mean you do not like people you just need time alone. you have a strong sense of faith over logic. You have a strong sense of keeping things happy and you enjoy certain facets of a task..but you really have a hard time understanding the rush to people have to get things done. your S score is 1 percent you make want to look at the characterstics of an INFP...you are very giving; sometimes people walk over you but it does not matter because your heart has no bottom.

sister..your recommendation for looking at the characteristics of an INFP was absolutely great..I felt that this portrait...had some elements that were not mentioned in the other portrait..i think they complete each other..and they are both 100% accurate

this point impressed me very much which was mentioned in your suggested portrait..

INFPs are usually talented writers. They may be awkard and uncomfortable with expressing themselves verbally, but have a wonderful ability to define and express what they're feeling on paper.

IT'S SO TRUE!..sometimes i just wish i can walk around with a notebook and a pen so i can write down everything i feel and think..because that's the only time i can even *word* things right!..and i enjoy that with all my heart.and the fact that i have completed 5 journals in 3 years can stand as a proof for that

Jazaki Allah Khair sister mirajmom..i benefited from this a whole whole whole lot..because i am able to see my strengthens and my weaknesses personality wise and keep them in mind communication wise (especially)..

saba urooj

:salam2: sis....sorry 4 bugging u again,jus 2questions.........:blackhijab:

who r the most balanced personality types?
which personality types r most common?

:hearts:
jazakallah

zainab

Thank you Sister Mirajmom for taking the time to help us all understand our personality description.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Saba...the most common type if you want woud be the ES...
There is no balance...unless you consider a score of 1% on each....this is style...this is not a competition...there are no top scores and no bottom scores...funny thing...thanks to you I read an article on physicians... male surgeons are more ES...women docotors tend to have more IF, NF combinations...
There are many lenghty and scholarly articles on this stuff.
Balance is are we content with how we fit in this world; are we at peace with our lives and the realtionships we have, are we comfortable with our realtionship with god ( Allah subahana talla ).

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Yes, however a score of 100 is very unusual..we are not that rigid. I was surprised to see the number of scholarly work that is decided to the Myers-Briggs Indicator.
Humans strive for balance. I use it, I think it is fun..but do I put my faith in it no. Carl Jung came so close to Islam but could not take the leap into faith.
I trust Islam.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

It should be a natural curve. In psychology they us T and Z squares for standard deviations and degrees of freedom.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam.

Brother American Muslim please read the portrait of both ENFJ and INFJ...something tells me you will be a better INFJ..( you are more of a thinker, intorspective type.

Johra

Salaam,

I used to give this test to my students. It provides some insights into how you see the world. This test is an abbreviated version of a test given by major corporations.

It takes about half-an hour. Please be honest. There are no wrong answers.I will be happy to give a geberal interpertation to anyone.

Go tp www.humanmetrics.com
on the left you will see a heart and it will say take free test. It will say Jung Typology Test. Click on that. Next screen will have DoIt at bottom, click. Answer the 70 questions. You will see Score It. You will be given four letters with numbers underneath that e.g I N F P
12 50 35 22 please write the numbers down. Next go to google and type in portrait of ( your letters ) in my case I would type in portrait of an INFP...

please share the results..I have had students use the results on resumes and for job interviews.

I am the INFJ, 44 38 12 33, which is apparently very rare. Everything the portrait says is true apart from the "not being very good with handling money part" I think i am very good with money, well atleast that's what my mom says all the time. May Allah Bless her. By the way how will this test help if i add it in my CV? Jazakallah for sharing this with us. May Allah reward you.

q8penpals

Salam

This is me - does it sound like me from the things I post, Mirajmom?

Lana

[SIZE=+1]Your Type is
[SIZE=+2]ESTJ[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]ExtravertedSensingThinkingJudging[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]44123833[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Qualitative analysis of your type formula[/SIZE]
You are:
  • moderately expressed extravert
  • slightly expressed sensing personality
  • moderately expressed thinking personality
  • moderately expressed judging personality

q8penpals

Salaam dear brothers and sisters,

First and foremost we are all Muslims. Let us never forget that.

This is not an intelligence test. I am professionally trained to interpert tests. I do not believe in intelligence tests. Most are bogus.
This test helps us to understand ourselves and how we view ourselves. I have used this for the past twenty years.

I will use my personalitly indicator type to help you understand. Bear in mind these are prefrences and nothing is set in concrete.

I am an INFP. The numbers indicate how strong my prefrence is for that trait.

I- I am introverted. I have a score of say 40%. This suggests that I am a strong introvert. I enjoy being by myself. I can go out and I like people but I do not need to be in a crowd at all times. I need my time alone. I need time to think and contemplate. This is how I get my energy. An E needs people to be energized. An E would be very upset to be alone. An I can work alone. An E works well with others.

N-I am a very strong N 45%. This is intuitive. The best way to explain this is to compare it to an S. I's do not need to look at details. We see the big picture. An S makes sense of the world. A S can look at numbers, data, projection tables etc. An I feels. An I feels it is right or wrong. They do not comprehend the facts and figures. If anyone reads my posts, I am always using the word "heart". A S would go crazy. They need the hard facts.

F- I am a strong F 40% percent. Although I respect reason..there is nothing like faith. I am blinded by my faith in something. All the rational explantions in the universe can not change what is my internal faith. This is my core. I function by my faith in the world. This is the side that drives the scientifc mind crazy. A T is logical. A T needs sytems to function. T's are bound to logic. T's are more practical.

P..perceiving..I have to constantly see all sides of an issue. I am more interested in how we get there than getting there. If we are in a meeting...I would make sure everyone is heard. I would not care what the outcome is. I am a process person. I enjoy doing something..more than getting it done. A J-judging likes to get things done. They are task oriented. If we are on a jury..the J will make a decision and want to get on..not an P..we ask the questions...

The numbers indicate how strongly we are these types at a given time period in our lives...many people change with time. It is noted most people become more introverted over time.

I have simplified the types. I hope this makes sense to you. There are descriptions of how you are as parents, co-workers and husband and wives.
I am not a good disciplinarian.: INFP...I just believe everything is good and I see the good in everything. Please feel free to ask questions.

Salam Mirajmom

I took the test before reading all the responses - I am the exact opposite of you with regard to the letters - so I guess if we have disagreed on TTI, it is not really a big surprise! LOL!

Lana