Hadith Pick up the food you drop.

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
"Pick up the Food you Drop "

The Messenger of ALLAH (pbuh) said, When a morsel of any of you falls, he should pick it up and remove any of the dirt on it and then eat it, and should not leave it for Shaitaan. [ Sahih Muslim ]

This hadith tells us to pick up a fallen dry morsel of food and eat it after brushing off any dirt that might be on it. This is an expression of humility and also prevents Shaitaan from deriving blessings from our food.

Present-day Muslims hardly care for this directive of the Messenger of ALLAH (pbuh) thinking that picking up dropped food will bring disgrace and dishonour upon them. To make matters worse, some even throw away unconsumed food in the garbage, while others deem it necessary to leave a little food in their plates as a sign of their manners or affluence!
How far the Muslim community has departed from the teachings and excellent example of their Prophet (pbuh).....!!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum jazakillahu khayra
I always keep the waste etc until I can dispose of it in a bin or return home. This is how I was bought up, and now it is habit. I subconsciously even keep hold of something, until I have somewhere to really throw it away! I can't believe how some people just drop stuff. You will find some places, towns, cities or even countries are worse than others. It is interesting to study how / why people behave like so, must be due to culture and education.

wasalam

alf2

Islam is a way of life
you better believe im dusting that food off... lol

Also, a friend of mine is Pakistani and she sweeps food out of walking paths. Like..if we are on the side walk and there is food she will sweep it to the side in the grass or put it in the bin. odd.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
you better believe im dusting that food off... lol

Also, a friend of mine is Pakistani and she sweeps food out of walking paths. Like..if we are on the side walk and there is food she will sweep it to the side in the grass or put it in the bin. odd.

How is it odd? Isn't she clearing the path?