Pink Hijab Day!

Sakeena

Asalam alaikum everyone,

October 26th is National Pink Hijab Day! It's also my birthday, cool!Masha'ALLAH, I read about it on google and I found this website:http://pinkhijabday.org/ lol masha'Allah, it raises awareness for breast cancer, and is a fundraiser for the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation! People will be courious about Hijab and Muslim women and interested in Islam and ask questioins!

salam,

Sakeena :hijabi:

Sakeena

lol Great Alhamdulilah! Let your daughters, sisters, wives, aunts and everyone know about it inshallah!

We love hijab! :SMILY252:

salam,

Sakeena

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
Cool, this is 2 days before my b-day! I have a pink hijab already...but can buy another one for the occasion :)

Sakeena

lol good I need a pink hijab myself hahaha! :hijabi:it's good for every sister to participate inshallah! :hearts: thanks Rosheen! *hugs*

nizar83

subhana allah..im a man..and it makes me jealous to see yall competing in such a positive way..

inshallah the muslim women will be rewarded for such actions

selemu aleikum

q8penpals

Salam

I will try to remember to tell my students this - although being it is in October and now it is March, I hope someone will remind us again when it is closer!

On another note, my husband's cousin just started chemotherapy for breast cancer, and it is a very rare case of breast cancer because the cousin is male (making it much more serious because men to not have the fatty tissue in their breast area that women have, thereby making surgery almost impossible without removing a huge chuck of chest muscles). Only about 1-5% of breast cancer victims are male and many are very stigmatized by what is considered a "woman's"disease.

Although it is rare, please make sure that the men in your lives take note of any hard lumps in their chest area and get them checked out. Men's breast cancer is more dangerous because it is not diagnosed as early as women because men don't like to admit they have a lump in their "breast" and therefore they wait until it is huge and a big problem.

Please keep him in your dua's (his name is Mohammad) - he has only been married for 1 week and now this.

Lana

SabirIslamdost

If sisters celebate pink hijab day, how about the brothers? We should do something as well. Let's celebrate brown ties LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Or scarlet shirt!!!!!

palestine

Servant of Allah
Asalamu alaykum. just out of curiousity would this be against islam, i mean would the religion forbid it because we as Muslims have only two holidays a year, isn't this copying or imitating the kuffar? i'm confused here...if any of you really are sure of the answer then please give it to me, if not please don't respond. i want someone to answer it for me within islamic guides and not their own fatwas. salam.

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
Asalamu alaykum. just out of curiousity would this be against islam, i mean would the religion forbid it because we as Muslims have only two holidays a year, isn't this copying or imitating the kuffar? i'm confused here...if any of you really are sure of the answer then please give it to me, if not please don't respond. i want someone to answer it for me within islamic guides and not their own fatwas. salam.

salam thats what i was thinking!!!

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
:salam2:
inshAllah sister remind us closer to October, this is a very nice idea:wasalam:

whitehijab

pinky cute hijabi...

If sisters celebate pink hijab day, how about the brothers? We should do something as well. Let's celebrate brown ties LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Or scarlet shirt!!!!!

:salam2:

:SMILY308: :lol:
just kidding..
pink is cute though. mayb i hv to buy 1 insyaAllah :hearts:

:wasalam:
:muslim_child:

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

i dont mean to be strict, But the evidence in the Qur’aan and Sunnah indicates that celebrating birthdays is a kind of bid’ah or innovation in religion, which has no basis in the pure sharee’ah. It is not permitted to accept invitations to birthday celebrations, because this involves supporting and encouraging bid’ah.

According to saheeh reports, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does something that is a not part of this matter of ours (i.e., Islam) will have it rejected” (reported by Muslim in his Saheeh)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, warning us against following their ways and traditions: “You would follow the ways of those who came before you step by step, to such an extent that if they were to enter a lizard’s hole, you would enter it too.” They said, “O Messenger of Allaah, (do you mean) the Jews and Christians?” He said, “Who else?” (Reported by al-Bukhaari and Muslim).

Speaking about the same issue Sheikh Faysal Mawlawi, Deputy Chairman of the European Council for Fatwa and Research, adds:

“Permissibility is the original ruling in this case, as there is no evidence of prohibition. The principle of not following the Jews and Christians is really required in matters of their false claims and beliefs in relation to religion. Such beliefs are no more than disbelief from an Islamic perspective.

In this context, people must be aware that celebrating such occasions, e.g. the Prophet’s birthday, is no more than a matter of habit, and by no means a religious requirement. However, if it entails any forbidden practices, such a celebration becomes forbidden for that reason alone. Moreover, a celebration of this sort becomes recommended if it includes recommended acts of worship.

May Allah grant you all long life full of good deeds and woshiping. :)

for more: http://www.islamicacademy.org/html/Articles/English/BID'AH - Innovation in Islam.htm

Sakeena

asalam aalikum Brother, excuse me and correct me if I'm wrong, but Pink Hijab Day isn't a holiday compared with Eid ul Fitr or al-Adha, it just for support for breat cancer research! And it's a great idea to help people which our Prophet (PBUH) told us to do masha'Allah!! :hijabi:

Hey, "Buy a Pink Hijab, Save a Life"- lol nice, hehe..

salam,

Sakeena