News Plane Crashes in France.

zaman-gm

http://abcnews.go.com/International/airbus-plane-crashes-southern-france/story?id=29862330
'Apparently No Survivors' After Passenger Plane Crashes in France, President Says

HT_german_wings5_ml_150324_16x9_992.jpg

A passenger jet operated by Germanwings is seen in this file photo.
A passenger plane crashed in southern France with 148 people on board, French officials said.

President Francois Hollande said there are "apparently no survivors."

The passenger jet, an Airbus A320 operated by Germanwings, crashed in the French Alps region near the town of Digne as it traveled from Barcelona to Dusseldorf, Hollande said.

"I want to express my solidarity to the family of the victims. We do not yet know the identities of the victims. It is a mourning we have to go through because it is a tragedy that has happened on our soil," he said.

ABC_map_crash_ml_150324_4x3_992.jpg

ABC News
PHOTO: A passenger plane crashed in southern France with at least 142 people on board. The passenger jet, operated by Germanwings, crashed in the French Alps region near the town of Digne as it traveled from Barcelona to Dusseldorf.

Lufthansa, which owns Germanwings, released a statement on social media as reports emerged of the crash.

"We do not yet know what has happened to flight 4U 9525. My deepest sympathy goes to the families and friends of our passengers and crew on 4U 9525. If our fears are confirmed, this is a dark day for Lufthansa. We hope to find survivors," said Lufthansa CEO Carsten Spohr in the statement.