please help and guide me

Islam lover

hello everyone can I please apologise for my long absence from the site due to personal reasons. I would like to know if any one feels concerned as I am about there own selves commitment to Islam. I complete the 5 daily prayers and read Quran everyday but I always feel I could do more to be a better muslim this concerns me. Can anyone advise me on how I can be the best muslim I can be and how I can overcome my unfortunate feeling of disapointment in myself.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Welcome back. I know many good brothers and sisters will help you. You are making us all want to improve ourselves. The only thing I can say is life is a process. As your heart seeks to please Allah subhana talla He will provide for you. Be easy. Enjoy that which has been given to you and remain constant and grateful.

mohammed nasser

This is something good you try to improve your worshipping.
The prophet said ( islam is of high consistency so increase your obedience gently)
i hope the translation is good

saffanah

speak good or silent
A Muslim's matter always good
if he is in difficulty he be patient
if he is in easiness he be grateful

Do not be sad, be patient and optimist. ^_^ Allah will help you

amjaddamen

brother
السلام عليكم
dear brother : prophet said what means :to do less but always better than doing alot and then give up .
i say hadeeth in arabic may someone has better translation :
قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ( قليل دائم خير من كثير منقطع )

BroNfaith

Peace!
السلام عليكم
dear brother : prophet said what means :to do less but always better than doing alot and then give up .
i say hadeeth in arabic may someone has better translation :
قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ( قليل دائم خير من كثير منقطع )
:salam2:

It means consistency in doing small things is better that inconsistency in doing big things.

BroNfaith

Peace!
hello everyone can I please apologise for my long absence from the site due to personal reasons. I would like to know if any one feels concerned as I am about there own selves commitment to Islam. I complete the 5 daily prayers and read Quran everyday but I always feel I could do more to be a better muslim this concerns me. Can anyone advise me on how I can be the best muslim I can be and how I can overcome my unfortunate feeling of disapointment in myself.
I think you made alot of us happy by this post, brother :) It's nice to see someone looking to improve himself in order to be a better muslim. May Allah grant you all the good things which you desire.

Will comment on the subject soon in sha' Allah, got to sleep now.

Salam,

AAminAA

Amatullah

As salamu alaykum

That's a sign of real mu'min. He always thinks he doesn't do enough ibadah .

Just do as much as you can, but do the deeds from heart , and insha'Allah you'll be safe :blackhijab:

BroNfaith

Peace!

Well, I don't think I'm qualified enough to advise on this matter, since I'm yet to advance to the next level of being a good muslim. However, I've been searching for it for the past few years, and I have very recently found an answer, but yet to implement it and see how it goes. I have tried many things in the past, none of them clicked for me, but the thing that I have found now is based on deep analysis of the quran & seerah of our prophet :saw: and his companions, which was conducted by an intelligent and knowledgable sheikh whom I respect highly. And I have a very good feeling about it that it will be what I need. Here it is:

Allah says: "Allah did confer a great favour on the believers when He sent among them a messenger from among themselves, rehearsing unto them the Signs of Allah, sanctifying them, and instructing them in Scripture and Wisdom, while, before that, they had been in manifest error." 3:164

From the above verses, Allah states clearly that the mission of the prophet :saw: is:
  1. Rehearse the signs, which means rehearsal of the Quran's verses.
  2. Sanctify the people, which means purification of their hearts.
  3. Instruct them in Scripture, which means teaching them the Quran.
  4. Instruct them in Wisdom, which means teaching them the correct method of thinking, and how to understand the faith.
So, our job as muslims is to:
  1. Recite the Quran.
  2. Purify our hearts and souls from evil.
  3. Study the Quran.
  4. Learn how to think and activate our brains positively.
They key to master these 4 steps is the prophet :saw:, because the verse says that he's our teacher, and we're his students. Therefore, the first step is to study his character and how he dealt with the companions. And it can only be done through the quran (verses related to the prophet :saw:), his seerah, and hadith. After that it will be possible to accomplish the 4 successfully.

That's it for now. If there's any truth in what I said, take it. If there's any falsehood, ignore it. May Allah guide us all to the straight path.

Salam,

sal12

I know what you mean. You feel like you have weak imaan and you don't feel a connection to Allah even though you carry out the obligatory acts? I feel like this sometimes and to overcome this I listen to Islamic talks on youtube particularly those by Bilal Assad and Khalid Yasin. They're my favourite! My iman strengthens after hearing their talks, wallah! Try it.

Ma'asalama

Islam lover

thank you all for your positive words of encouragment. It always comforts me that I can come to this site for helpful advice from my brothers and sisters. I will listen to the talks on youtube that have been suggested. Thanks for suggesting them to me sister.

palestine

Servant of Allah
asalamu alaykum. my suggestion would be that you make a list of goals. what you want to do everyday inshallah continously. example: my goal is 3 things at the moment and i have written it down and posted it on my wall in my room. these goals are: 1. read quran on a daily basis
2. memorize at least one hadith per day( the forty hadiths, an nawawi)
3. memorize at least 1-2 duas per day
that's all i have written down. i do not need to write down prayer cause that is regular and continous throughout my life. but the things i need to accomplish the most are those 3. then after i accomplish that i'm gonna add more. including memorization of 99 names of allah. at least 10 names per day, or week. you're doing great but it's a good sign that you want to do more. keep it up. and don't lose hope asalmau alaykm