PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN

nasiruyola

:salam2:
please
can anyone help find this hadith and it's authenticity.
In our forum seekingpath to jannah on yahoo groups, a brother (may ALLAH SUBHANAHU WATA'ALA reward him) use to send a kutbah every friday supposedly from the mosque he prays. seems the IMAM everyday use to remind the followers as follows:

Assalamo Alaikum,

Inshallah you are all in the best state of health and Imaan. Just a small reminder to recite Allahuma Sallay Ala Muhammadin Abdika Wa Nabiyika Wa Rasoolikan Nabiyyil Ummiyi. Reciting this darood and salaam upon Nabi SAW 80 times on Friday takes away 80 years of sin.
please can anyone help me if he/she knows the source and authenticity of this hadith. especially the matn.
jazakumuLLAHU khairan in advance.

nasiruyola

That depends on how many sins that you have and are you doing Taubat from it or declare it as Haraam and you ask for Allah's forgiveness.

According to Al Hadits in Shahih Al Jami' Ash Shaghir, the person who recite Shalawat 1 time, Allah will Shalawat him 10 times (Allah will give to that person "Shalli"), and whoever recite Salaam to Rasulullah "Assalamu 'alan nabiyyi wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh." 1 times, Allah will Salaam him 10 times (Allah will give to that person salaam and His rahmat and His blessings.

In another hadits in Shahih Al Jami' Ash Shaghir,

Rasulullah said "Whoever recite Shalawat 1 time, Allah will give him from that 10 darajah (degree in Jannah), 10 hasanah (goodness), and 10 of his sayyi'ah (bad deeds) will be erase. (HR.Shahih Jami' Shaghir).

Rasulullah said that there are angels who fly around the world to find someone who do Shalawat, and every Jum'at, the Malaikat make known to Rasulullah people who recite Shalawat, the Malaikat write their names and their family names in white threads.

Rasulullah qaala "Anyone who recite Shalawat 10 times every morning and 10 times every afternoon, will get my Syafa'at." declared as Shahih by syaikh Nashir Al Albaani.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

JazakaLLAH FOR THE REPLY. I'm talking particularly with regards to the matn of this HADITH.especially reciting the duruud mentioned eighty times on friday and taken away 80 years of sins.

salahdin

just want to say its only ALLAH (AZA WAJALLAH) WHO CAN FORGIVE so its only to ALLAH (AZA WA JALLAH) we should turn to and nobody else .

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Brother...I found some information regarding the hadith in question..

It seems that this hadith had been under disagreement amongst the scholars in regards to its authenticity...

It was reported by Al-Ghazali..in his books "Ehya'a Oloom Al-Deen" (Reviving the Science of Deen...???..I hope my translation of the name is correct)...

Al-Hafidh Al-Iraqi has commented with the following regarding the hadith in the book mentioned...he said:

This hadith was put forth by Al-Dar Qotni..from the narration of Ibn Al-Moseeb..who said..I *suspect* it was narrated by Abu Huraira..and it is a "hadith ghareeb" ("strange hadith")...

Ibn Al-Noo'omaan said..it is a "hasan hadith"..

Al-Manawi said in "Faidh Al-Qadeer"..Ibn Hajar weakened it

The disagreements about its authenticity are still unresolved in either direction..as I mentioned...

If it were to be approached as a "weak hadith" however..then it needs to be approached according to the conditions put by Shaikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah regarding "weak hadith"..(you may need to acquaint yourself with them..as sadly..I never knew they existed up until this moment)...

In general..sending peace and blessings upon The Prophet (pbuh) is a matter that is strongly *mostahab*..and it is encouraged on friday..and this is based on a hadith in which The Prophet (pbuh) said:

"One of the best days for you is Friday, therefore make salat upon me during it"..

This hadith was cited by Abu-Dawood..and corrected by Shaikh Al-Albani

The conclusion is...there are conditions regarding "adopting" a weak hadith..and I think the Imam you mentioned..with his knowledge is most likely aware of them..and judging from what I read he is not encouraging a bad act..or is doing something wrong..as the conditions do allow him to preach it should it not conflict with an *already* authentic matter...

You may talk to him more if you wish about it..if you still feel a little weird about the hadith and implementing it..

Perhaps you can find "authentic hadiths" regarding this particular topic and adopt them instead..so you won't be worried?!

This would be my suggestion to you...

But as far as I understood...the hadith's authenticity is debated..but even if it is considered weak...with "complete" understanding of the conditions in preaching "weak hadith" set by notable scholars such as Shaikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah..a Muslim may adopt it and act upon it

(My sources for the information were from two fatwas in the Arabic version of www.Islamweb.net)

And Allah Knows Best

:wasalam: