PM Spammers

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

I just wanted to bring an issue out into the public domain so that if anyone else happens to be experiencing the same problem you can refer to this and take appropriate action. I am conscious that some members may be slightly more vulnerable in this context than others. For some of you, (I like to think 'most of you'), what I'm about to say is elementary and obvious.

If you are a sister and you receive a PM from a member of the opposite gender stating they are seeking a marriage partner then you should be aware that this is unacceptable. In most of these cases these 'members' have made very few posts they are simply opportunists, if given the chance, they can potentially cause problems for you if you engage in conversation.

Here is an example of one some sisters may have received recently:

warningpic.png
You should,

1. Report the PM to a moderator immediately.
2. Do not reply yourself, ignore it.

Please be vigilant, take care of yourselves and do not make yourselves vulnerable in an online setting. Follow the protocal and inshaAllaah you wont have any nasty experiences.

Similarly, if brothers are receiving PM's then this applies to you also, report the PM to a moderator.

All the best, happy posting.

Wa-alaykum assalam

helpinghumanity

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Indeed it is an important matter and we all should learn how to handle spammers. They target both genders, therefore one should be very very careful with whom he/she communicates with.

I would share a near past pm that I received from a sister. The sister (Allah knows best if she was a real sister) said that she is interested (blah blah blah) and would like to communicate via skype if I have Skype ID.

Before replying back, I checked and found that she only had one post (if i remember correctly) so that gave me a hint about her intention/action and her being a spammer.

Anyhow I replied back nicely, informing her to contact sister Aapa. At the same time, I informed sister Aapa that she seemed to be a spammer and therefore let me know if she PM's her (Aapa) so that I can teach her (spammer) a good lesson (if you are not an expert in computers then please.. only avoid/report them). Days past and no PM...so she was a spammer and alhamdolillah never came back to TTI..END OF STORY..LOL

Being a brother, I would urge all brothers and sisters to be careful..:)

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Indeed it is an important matter and we all should learn how to handle spammers. They target both genders, therefore one should be very very careful with whom he/she communicates with.

I would share a near past pm that I received from a sister. The sister (Allah knows best if she was a real sister) said that she is interested (blah blah blah) and would like to communicate via skype if I have Skype ID.

Before replying back, I checked and found that she only had one post (if i remember correctly) so that gave me a hint about her intention/action and her being a spammer.

Anyhow I replied back nicely, informing her to contact sister Aapa. At the same time, I informed sister Aapa that she seemed to be a spammer and therefore let me know if she PM's her (Aapa) so that I can teach her (spammer) a good lesson (if you are not an expert in computers then please.. only avoid/report them). Days past and no PM...so she was a spammer and alhamdolillah never came back to TTI..END OF STORY..LOL

Being a brother, I would urge all brothers and sisters to be careful..:)
As far as I am concerned they are all spammers and should be treated as such.

I would like members to simply follow the basic rules above, don't pass them on to other members on the forum unless it's a moderator and they can ban/delete such members.

:wasalam:

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
it happened to me too some months ago,but I suddendly sent a pm to the moderator and that person was banned:SMILY308:

Marina28

Omg I had this message I did reply lol next time I'll report it I just thought ur suppose report if there telling u bout websites and stuff. Frankly he didn't message me back when I said I was married.

oldhippie

there is also a scammer on the site here< I was sent a pm asking to send a e-mail and here is the reply I got:
"[email protected]" <[email protected]>
To:
"old_hippie_1954" <[email protected]>
Full HeadersPrintable View
Assalamualaikum Brother, Thank you for responding to the message I sent to you, Please I need your Assistance.
It is my pleasure to write you after consideration, since I can not be able to see you, since I can not be able to see you face to face, at first, please I need your help. I am Miss Amirah Mohammed, the only Daughter of late Mr & Mrs Mustafa Mohammed, from Sierra-Leone (I am 22years of age.) My father was a liability of Oil and Gas Petrolum in Sierra-Leone and Cote D'Ivoire and also in Libya. before his untimely death. After his business trip to Tunisia, to nagociate on a Oil and Gas Petrolum business he wanted to invest in Tunisia, a week after he came back from Tunisia, he got an accident with my mother of which my mother died instantly but my father died five days after in a private hospital. On that faithful afternoon, I
didnt know that my father was going to leave me after I had earlier lost my mother, but before he gave up the ghost, it was as if he knew he was going to die. He my father, (MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE) he called me to his bed side and told me
that he deposited the sum of ($5,000.000.00) Five Million United State Dollars. in a bank in Cote D'Ivoire.
That the money was meant for his Oil and Gas business he wanted to establish in Tunisia, according to my father he deposited the money in a fixed suspense account using my name as the next of kin, He instructed me to seek for a reliable and trust worthy business partner for my life time investment abroad. Now I have succeeded in locating the deposit documents and the bank where this money is in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire. Due to political problem in our country I am Now seeking for your assistance to help me transfer this money out from this country Cote D'Ivoire to your account abroad so that
we should invest it in any meaningful and lucrative business in your country because this is my only hope in life. I am willing to offer you 20% of the total fund if only you can help me out of my present predicame.
I seek your assistance in the follwing ways:
(1.) To provide a bank account where this money can be transfered into.
(2.) To make arrangements for me to come over to your country after the successful transfering of this money into your account, to come and further my education.
(3.) To help invest this money in a profitable business since I am only 22yrs of age and do not know much about business.
(4) To sponsor me transfer this money into your account, and that is the reason why i promise to offer you 20% out of the total deposit
(5). I want you to promise me that you are not going to betray me after the money gets into your account.
The worst part of it is that my uncle is trying to kill me over this money
because I refused to hand him over the documents covering this money, He has sold all my father's landed properties including his cars which rightful belong to me and now he want me to hand over the banking document of my father in my possesion which I refused. Now he said that he will have this money by all means even if it means killing me, so because of this I ran away from our country Sierra-Leone i am now in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire were the money is deposit and hide in a hotel,pending when this money will be transfered so that I can leave the country, please contact me for further discution and more details.
Thank's and God bless you.
Yours sincerely,
Miss Amirah Mohammed

I have seen similar stuff like this before and it is a well known scam

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

Thanks for warning us. Better in general be carefull if someone talks about millions of dollars and bank accounts in internet.