Pope quits

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Peace with you/Salam alaykum

Why you think we are interesting about kind of matters in the islamic forum? Are you the Christian or some kind of troll?

We are not here looking for bad from others but good from islam.

Greg

Walaikum Asalaam Sister, I am sorry you feel that way.

"Read! In the Name of your Lord Who has created (all that exists). He has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood). Read! And your Lord is the Most Generous. Who has taught (the writing) by the pen. He has taught man that which he knew not" [Quran, 96: 1-5]

"and say: `My Lord! Increase me in knowledge" [Quran, 20:114]

"Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allaah will make a path to Paradise easy for him." (Al-Bukhaari)

"Nor should the believers all go forth together: if a contingent from every expedition remained behind, they could devote themselves to studies in religion, and admonish the people when they return to them - that thus they (may learn) to guard themselves (against evil)." [Quran, 19:122]

-----------------------------------

lbn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah may Allaah have mercy upon him said: "There are six stages to knowledge:

Firstly: Asking questions in a good manner.

Secondly: Remaining quiet and listening attentively.

Thirdly: Understanding well.

Fourthly: Memorising.

Fifthly Teaching.

Sixthly- and it is its fruit: Acting upon the knowledge and keeping to its limits."

------------------------

Greg

There is nothing to forgive Sister :) I had a phase where even the mention of the Pope would make me very angry so I fully understand.

I am not a supporter of the papacy, far from it. I just thought it may be relevant to some here :)

Greg

Yeah,I would have thought if you have faith in God then you would accept whatever his decision is to happen to you.

So does the Pope not have faith in God to protect him, so he relies on the bulletproof car?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

He is old and sick man, that pope. What if even we muslims would be mercy to him and hope he peacefull years or months.

By me, even as he isn´t muslim (I don´t know what he is in his heart) when he will die some day, rest in the peace.

:tti_sister:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
For the love of God is broader
Than the measure of our mind;
And the heart of the Eternal
Is most wonderfully kind.
But we make His love too narrow
By false limits of our own;
And we magnify His strictness
With a zeal He will not own.

Musalmaan

Yeah,I would have thought if you have faith in God then you would accept whatever his decision is to happen to you.

So does the Pope not have faith in God to protect him, so he relies on the bulletproof car?

Salaam,

Sorry But I don't see an issue with having faith in God and the Pope having a bullet proof car?

The man has a right to protect himself.

I mean if I moved into the path of moving vehicle and said 'Its all good, I have faith in God' and got run over that wouldn't be very clever.

We should all take reasonable precautions as far as our lives are concerned and then have faith in God.

The Pope is a high profile position so having a bullet proof car is understandable.

Greg

Salaam,

Sorry But I don't see an issue with having faith in God and the Pope having a bullet proof car?

The man has a right to protect himself.

I mean if I moved into the path of moving vehicle and said 'Its all good, I have faith in God' and got run over that wouldn't be very clever.

We should all take reasonable precautions as far as our lives are concerned and then have faith in God.

The Pope is a high profile position so having a bullet proof car is understandable.

Walaikum Asalaam Brother,

I think it has everything to do with faith. One of the most important features of faith in my opinion. Surely if you do not believe it, then you do not believe Allahu Akbar. The Pope is not putting a gun to his head and saying 'If God exists, he will protect me' He is supposedly going about as God's representative on Earth doing God's will.

"Wherever you are, death will find you out, even if you are in towers built up strong and high!" (Quran 4:78).

Q 10 : 107. And if Allah touches you with harm, there is none who can lift it but He. And if He intends good for you, then none can repel His favor which He causes to reach whom He wills among His servants. And He is the Pardoning, the Merciful. ]

Q 35 : 2. Whatever of mercy, Allah may grant to mankind, none can withhold it; and whatever He may withhold, none can grant it thereafter. And He is the Almighty, the All-Wise. ]

Q 3 : 160 If Allah should aid you, no one can overcome you; but if He should forsake you, who is there that can aid you after Him? And upon Allah let the believers rely.

mezeren

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/02/11/uk-pope-confirm-idUKBRE91A0A320130211

Does this strike anyone else as strange?

Just like having a bullet-proof 'pope mobile'. Surely if you have faith in Allah, you accept that no one cam harm you if Allah desires you to be safe. Plus it is Allah who decides if you are strong enough to continue as Pope, not you? Does this mean he values his life more than doing Allah's work?

Strange story

Assalamu Alaykum,

Brother, do you work for a living or sit back at home and wait for the food to come to your table?

You know that Allah will provide for you!

Greg

Walaikum Asalaam, this seems a very strange stance to take brother, do you not believe that whatever happens to you or does not happen to you is Allah's will?

in regard to your question, I do not work due to ill health so stay at home, but Allah has provided for me.

“And whoever is conscious of Allah, He will make for him a way out, And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whoever relies upon Allah – then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent.” (Quran 65:2-3)

You seem to be of the impression that Allah will not provide for believers, and you can protect yourself from His will with something like bullet-proof glass?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Walaikum Asalaam, this seems a very strange stance to take brother, do you not believe that whatever happens to you or does not happen to you is Allah's will?

in regard to your question, I do not work due to ill health so stay at home, but Allah has provided for me.

“And whoever is conscious of Allah, He will make for him a way out, And will provide for him from where he does not expect. And whoever relies upon Allah – then He is sufficient for him. Indeed, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Allah has already set for everything a [decreed] extent.” (Quran 65:2-3)

You seem to be of the impression that Allah will not provide for believers, and you can protect yourself from His will with something like bullet-proof glass?
Asalmo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Brother the balance is a lil like this:

Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Praise be to Allaah.
Putting one’s trust in Allah involves two things:

(i) Depending on Allah and believing that He is the One Who causes measures to be effective; His decree comes to pass; He has decreed all things, counted them out and ordained them, may He be glorified and exalted.

(ii) Taking appropriate measures; putting one’s trust in Allah does not mean refraining from taking measures; rather part of putting one’s trust in Allah is taking appropriate measures and striving to do so. The one who refrains from doing so has gone against the laws and decree of Allah. Allah has commanded us to take appropriate measures and He encourages us to do so; He commanded His Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) to do that.

So it is not permissible for the believer to refrain from taking appropriate measures; in fact he is not truly putting his trust in Allah unless he takes appropriate measures. Hence it is prescribed to get married in order to have a child, and it is enjoined to have intercourse. If someone were to say: I shall not get married and I shall wait to have a child without getting married, he would be regarded as insane; this is not the way of those who are wise and rational. Similarly, he should not sit in his house or in the mosque seeking charity and waiting for provision to come to him; rather he should strive hard and work to seek to earn halaal provision.

Maryam (may Allah have mercy on her) did not forgo taking measures. Allah said to her (interpretation of the meaning):

“And shake the trunk of date-palm towards you, it will let fall fresh ripe-dates upon you” [Maryam 19:25].

So she shook the palm tree and took appropriate measures until the dates fell. Her action is not contrary to taking measures and the fact that she found provision with her and that Allah honoured her and gave her some provision does not indicate that she refrained from taking appropriate measures; rather she devoted herself to worship and also took appropriate measures.

If Allah bestows upon some of His close friends some miracles (karaamaat), this is by His grace and bounty, but that does not indicate that we should forgo taking appropriate measures. It is proven that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said:

“Strive to do that which will benefit you and seek the help of Allaah, and do not feel helpless.” Narrated by Muslim, 2664.

And Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything)” [al-Faatihah 1:5].

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him).

Fataawa Noor ‘ala ad-Darb, 1/364

mezeren

Brother, may Allah cure your illness and increase your eman and patience. i am sure you heard of Sunnatullah. Allah created the universe and his laws as well. To make a bread you should grow and harvest wheat make flour add water and bake. if u sit and say Allah will provide for me than it would be wrong. it is similar when some one take neccessary precoutions for his safety.

Ibn 'Abbas reports: "'Umar ibn al-Khattab went to Al-Sham (Syria). When he reached Sargh, the army commanders, Abu Obaidah ibn al-Jarrah, and others received him. They informed him that a plague had broken out in Al-Sham."Ibn Abbas continued, "'Umar assembled the leaders from among the Muhajirin and sought their opinions. They offered conflicting opinions. Some said: 'We have come for a certain objective, and so we should not turn back from it.' Others said: 'With you are others, including some companions of the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him. We do not believe that you should expose them to this plague.' 'Umar said: 'You may leave.'Then he gathered together the Ansar and asked their opinion. They were unanimous in their advice to him. They said: 'We believe that you should return with the people and you should not expose them to the plague.' Then 'Umar addressed the people, announced that he was going back the next morning, and asked them to be prepared to leave in the morning. ' At this Abu Ubaidah ibn al-Jarrah said: 'O 'Umar! Are you running away from the decree of Allah!' 'Umar replied: 'O Abu Ubaidah! I wish someone else had said this. Yes, we do run from the decree of Allah to the decree of Allah. What if you had a herd of camels and you took them to a valley that had two slopes, one green pasturage and the other dry and barren. Would you not be fulfilling the decree of Allah if you let your herd graze on the green pasture rather than keeping them on the dry barren land?' Just then came Abdurrahman ibn 'Awf. He had been away on some errand. He said: 'I have some knowledge concerning this issue. I heard the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, say: "If you hear that an epidemic has broken out in a land, do not approach it. If it attacks a land where you live, then do not leave that land in a bid to escape from it".' Hearing this 'Umar praised Allah and then he departed. This is reported by Bukhari.

Greg

Thank you for your replies Brother and Sister!

I suppose a reasonable question now would be, if you were in a position similar to the Pope's, would you travel in a bullet-proof car?

Shak78

A little history for those who don't know the history behind the Popemobile, it was commissioned after Pope John Paul II was almost assassinated in the 80's I believe. While one can put faith in God, a person like the Pope is probably the subject of a few death threats a year and thus the Popemobile was made.

mezeren

A little history for those who don't know the history behind the Popemobile, it was commissioned after Pope John Paul II was almost assassinated in the 80's I believe. While one can put faith in God, a person like the Pope is probably the subject of a few death threats a year and thus the Popemobile was made.

The assasin of the pope, M. Ali Agca, gave an interview on tv a couple of years ago. He explained there the incident. Basically, he said, he was hired by a cardinal close to the pope(could be the second man of the pope, i don't quite remember). Apparently, there was a prophecy that suggested "the pope would be assassinated and survive ". And the vatican(the cardinal) hired Agca to shoot the pope but never kill. He said he was an expert with guns and never intended to kill the pope. By this way, the pope status would rise.