PRAISE GOD!!!!!!

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Heehee!!! Cause men are gluttens for punishments!!! :)

There's a country song "Mr. Mom".....at the end he says :

"Balancing checkbook, juggling bills, thought there was nothing to it... baby now I know how you feel, what I don't know is how you do it......baby, You're my hero!" After one day of staying home with the kids........Haha!!!! So true!

And another song I heard today that cracked me up:

"Smacked me and shook me like a rag doll, now I am going to show him what little girls are made of, gunpowder and Lead!!!!" That cracked me up.....the story is the guy beat her up a little, they put him in jail, he gets out and she is waiting for him with her gun loaded.....LOL!!!

She said "his fist is big but my gun is bigger, he's gonna know it when I pull the trigger!"......I am sorry, so violent but absolutely funny!!!

Sorry, bored humor!

Totally hilarious...This is why I keep coming back to this thread ---> Just to :lol:

I hope brothers (who are married) post how tough it is for them.

dianek

Totally hilarious...This is why I keep coming back to this thread ---> Just to :lol:

I hope brothers (who are married) post how tough it is for them.

Wouldn't be hard for them at all if they did what they are supposed to do.....which is ANYTHING we tell them to do!! :) haha!!!!!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

One of my favorite old songs was : work your fingers to the bone and what do you get: bony fingers...

that is the story of women.

dianek

Salaam,

One of my favorite old songs was : work your fingers to the bone and what do you get: bony fingers...

that is the story of women.

Very sad isn't it????????? I don't know how I ended up here....taking stock of my life.....I absolutely did NOT want a husband or children......I was going to be a Corporate Attorney making big bucks......driving my Lexus SC400 in hunter green with leather interior.........I had it planned out..........how did I go from not wanting even ONE child to FOUR (5 if husband included)? LOL!!!!!!

massi

:salam2:
Thank for ALLaah that i'm not Married specialy if my wife has mentality as DIanek :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dianek

Thank for ALLaah that i'm not Married specialy if my wife has mentality as DIanek :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You hurt my feelings!!!! :(

I might be sarcastic and vindictive...but I earned that right! That man doesn't even think for himself most days. I am surprised he doesn't ask me to roll him over at night when he is sleeping because he is almost TOO lazy to do it himself!!!!!

HUMPH! My father is in the hospital and the Hubby runs off to the beach with kids and his bachelor friends! Guess who will have to clean up the sand and wet clothes....he gets the fun and I get the work! Where is the HUMANITY?????????? ;)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Goodness!

after reading the post...and laughing a whole lot..hehe

I'm now even more determined to carry on with my plans to make my brothers comfortable and good at doing house work...sometimes I feel bad for yelling and complaining and being a bit evil and punishing them for not doing chores by adding more things..or setting conditions on how they can do things domestically (I am the oldest...so that's why I can do that..hehe)

my mom and dad try to give me the *leave them..they are young men..back home they wouldn't come near the kitchen* speech...that's when I cut them off and say...

*they are not better than a Prophet of Allah who used to sweep the floors and wash his own clothes...or better than Omar who was a KHALIFAH and used to stand in utter silence when his wife complained about domestic-stress...feeling indebted to her for her hard work..preparing food for him..washing his clothes..and cleaning his house*

and every now and then I toss out the *you don't want them to rot in their dorms when they go to college now do you???!!!!*

and of course with no good comebacks...they get quiet...and let me carry on with my plans...lol

I get my brothers to make their beds...pick up their clothes..make their lunches and dinners (my youngest brother mashallah already learned a few recipes to cook..hehe)..and clean after themselves...and every friday...THEY *DO* LEND A HELPING HAND (turning off the x-box and all the tv's HELPS A LOT WITH THIS ONE!..LOL)...they vacuum..dust..and even sweep floors..and help a little with the laundry...

thanks sister diane...you made me happy about me possibly preparing my brothers to be good husbands...I just hope that I get the credit later on in life...lol

my sister-in-laws (whoever they will be) will thank me for this I am sure..because I have single-handedly succeeded at producing domestically-involved arab husbands for them...and I wouldn't be surprised if my brothers end up on Ripley's Believe It or Not for that...within the next 15 years just for that...

:wasalam:

dianek

Goodness!

after reading the post...and laughing a whole lot..hehe

I'm now even more determined to carry on with my plans to make my brothers comfortable and good at doing house work...sometimes I feel bad for yelling and complaining and being a bit evil and punishing them for not doing chores by adding more things..or setting conditions on how they can do things domestically (I am the oldest...so that's why I can do that..hehe)

my mom and dad try to give me the *leave them..they are young men..back home they wouldn't come near the kitchen* speech...that's when I cut them off and say...

*they are not better than a Prophet of Allah who used to sweep the floors and wash his own clothes...or better than Omar who was a KHALIFAH and used to stand in utter silence when his wife complained about domestic-stress...feeling indebted to her for her hard work..preparing food for him..washing his clothes..and cleaning his house*

and every now and then I toss out the *you don't want them to rot in their dorms when they go to college now do you???!!!!*

and of course with no good comebacks...they get quiet...and let me carry on with my plans...lol

I get my brothers to make their beds...pick up their clothes..make their lunches and dinners (my youngest brother mashallah already learned a few recipes to cook..hehe)..and clean after themselves...and every friday...THEY *DO* LEND A HELPING HAND (turning off the x-box and all the tv's HELPS A LOT WITH THIS ONE!..LOL)...they vacuum..dust..and even sweep floors..and help a little with the laundry...

thanks sister diane...you made me happy about me possibly preparing my brothers to be good husbands...I just hope that I get the credit later on in life...lol

my sister-in-laws (whoever they will be) will thank me for this I am sure..because I have single-handedly succeeded at producing domestically-involved arab husbands for them...and I wouldn't be surprised if my brothers end up on Ripley's Believe It or Not for that...within the next 15 years just for that...

:wasalam:

God Bless YOU!!!!! I wish more mothers would teach their sons the same so we wouldn't have a world full of mommy's babies, UH, I mean boys.....LOL!!!!

I love my mother-in-law, but I tell you I wish I could speak Arabic enough to tell her....GEEZ WOMAN....what did you go and do that for? Now I have to deal with your mess of a son.....LOL!!!!!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Diane read Dr. Robert Johnson's He. It is an excellent book on the psychology of men. He is Jungian psychoanalyist. It is a very easy read. It makes sense.

dianek

ah, I don't want to read a book that probably just legitimizes, or tries to, the mens laziness.....their attitudes.......for me, no EXCUSES! Because I see my father, and I see how my brother is....my bro does everything for his wife...he works 70 hour weeks, cooks dinner, cleans house and "keeps the peace" with the wife....now I do think my bro is a bit on the "whipped" side.....but he works hard......and my dad, 30 years with spinal injuries and 3 bouts of cancer and the man still works construction through the pain, suffering....so when my husband cries about a cold I get easily irritated.....he doesn't know what pain is....

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Because I see my father, and I see how my brother is....my bro does everything for his wife...he works 70 hour weeks, cooks dinner, cleans house and "keeps the peace" with the wife....now I do think my bro is a bit on the "whipped" side.....but he works hard......and my dad, 30 years with spinal injuries and 3 bouts of cancer and the man still works construction through the pain, suffering

Alhamdulillah, atleast you know that all men are not the same. Sister, I assumed that for you all men are born lazy. LOL.

dianek said:
....so when my husband cries about a cold I get easily irritated.....he doesn't know what pain is....

Perhaps he is just acting, trying to gain your attention whilst you are busy whole doing the household chores. :p

PS: This thread is getting interesting. More information coming out from married couples. Atleast I can prepare myself for the worst. LOL.

wa/salam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Salaam,

Diane read Dr. Robert Johnson's He. It is an excellent book on the psychology of men. He is Jungian psychoanalyist. It is a very easy read. It makes sense.

I think sister dianek should also read "MEN ARE FROM MARS, WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS".

I loved reading the book.

dianek

No not ALL men are lazy............I don't thinkk COUNTRY BOYS are lazy......and well, that is what my dad and bro are, good old boys..........can farm the land, change the brakes, fix the tractor............some people just don't know how good they have it and my husband falls in that category.

I am just waiting for us to buy the BIG house, you know at least 2 stories with the basement....then he and the kids will be relegated to the basement "rec" room and I don't want to see them touch the rest of the house except for going to bed! *DREAMING AND SMILING* I'll come home EVERYDAY to a clean house!!!

massi

sorry dianek I don't mean to hurt you
I just want to say that my wife will make me mad because I'm lazy person
:lol: :lol: :lol:

dianek

Massi, that statement made no sense.....it should read.....

"I'll make my wife mad because I am lazy"

Your verbage indicates that your wife would be doing something wrong by asking you to be responsible.

massi

Massi, that statement made no sense.....it should read.....

"I'll make my wife mad because I am lazy"

Your verbage indicates that your wife would be doing something wrong by asking you to be responsible.

:SMILY286::SMILY286::SMILY286:
I know what I mean
if she just keeps gives orders
and of course
the good husband who loves his wife will do all of its
at last he will be maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
:lol: :lol: :lol:

muslimad

Asalamu Alaykum!

Wow...this thread is so funny! i missed tti because of this...jezakALLAH Kheir Bros and Sistas for the laughs.......lol......i needed this!
:wasalam::hijabi:

dianek

Something new to be thrilled about....this year my son is going into First Grade at IQRA Academy and my 4 year old will be starting Pre-K and they granted us financial aid making it much easier on us to send them to private school. I am going to try to rise above my past misgivings of the school and feeling awkward as I am not the PTA Muslim mom they are, and I plan to TRY to be INVOLVED this year instead of put off by it being (in my past mind set) MORE MUSLIMS AND THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY BE BETTER THERE THAN THE COUNTY SCHOOL attitude of last. So INSHALLAH, now that I am trying to put my opinions behind me and look to the future, I will develop some friendships with the other parents and teachers. Last year they must have thought my son only had a father as I was NEVER there for various things, partly because I worked during school hours but more so for feeling uncomfortable. Gonna get over myself this year!