*** Prayers upon our beloved Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم ***

Abu Zaiba

Bismillaah:

Ammaar bin Yaasir رضي الله عنه said:

Allaah’s Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

" Indeed Allaah has assigned an angel to my grave, He has given him the names of [all] creation. So no-one sends prayers upon me until the Day of Judgement except that he informs me of that person’s name and his father’s name, [saying]: ‘This is so and so the son of so and so, he has sent prayers upon you."

Takhreej:

{ Imam al Bazaar in his Musnad and Shaykh Muhammad Al Arnaoot رحمه الله said, Hadeeth hasan }

Imaam Al Munaawee رحمه الله commented :

There are lots of words and phrases for sending salutations on the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم The most famous and the best is:” Allaahummah salli ala Muhammadin wa ala ali Muhammadin, kama sallayta ala Ibraheem wa ala ali Ibrahim.”

{ Fayd ul Qadeer Sharh Jami al Sagheer #1403 }

Imaam Hasan Al Basri رحمه الله said:

'' Whoever wishes to drink from the cup which quenches,from the fountain of Al Mustaafaa صلى الله عليه وسلم then let him say Allaahumah salli ala Muhammad.''

Imaam Taqi ud Deen As Subki رحمه الله said:

'' Whoever does salaah with what occured in the authentic ahadeeth has made salaah on the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم with certainty, and whoever does so with other words is in doubt whether or not he has performed the prayers as requested.This is because they said,'' how do we send prayers on you ?'' and he replied, say: Allaahumah salli Alla Muhammad....

{ Imam Al Haithami in his Majma 25/2 }

Imaam An Nawaawi رحمه الله said:

'' If a man were to take an oath to do the best and the most complete salaah on the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم possible, this could not be fulfilled except by saying Allaahumah salli alla Muhammad....... and this is the most fitting and correct

{ Al Rawdah, Minhaaj al Taalibin1/265 }

*** And Allaah عزوجل knows best ***