Praying Fajr after time is over

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
salaam everyone,

Today I woke up late for Fajr. I don't even remember when I shut off the alarm, but when I woke and it was daylight outside, and my clock said 6.25am. Horrified, I quickly ran to make wudu and performed Fajr Salah. But I'm sure the time must've been over, because sometimes in the morning around 6.25-6.30am I can hear faintly an announcement from a nearby mosque that says "Fajr time is over, from tomoorow perform it at the appropriate time." However, today I think they made that announcement at the very time I was doing wudu. Anyway, so time was over. But I still prayed, because only a few days ago I read a hadith here that Rasulallah (s.a.w.) and his companions were overcome by sleep during fajr and when they woke it was day, but they prayed and Rasulallah said "Its better to pray when you remember." But the hadth didn't specify whether time was over or not.

So please, I'm worried did I do the correct thing? Fajr time was over, but when I looked outside the window after praying, it was cloudy and I couldn't see the sun, but there was still a reddish glow in the sky. So was I supposed to read it at this time, or should I have waited till the sun had finished rising??

Hmm, I checked internet sunrise time for my city and it says 6.23am. Now I feel horrible and can't go back to sleep, lol. :tti_sister:

nabeelahmad18

..Muslim Be United..
:salam2:

Offer your fajr whenever you wake up.

Is it permissible to perform Fajr prayers after the sun has risen?

for Ans. see attachment.....

:wasalam:

Attachments

• MEI_19841124_06.mp3
    342.6 KB · Views: 1,167

HaQRehman

Slave of ALLAH (SWT)
I've heard that when the sun is rising then it is not allowed to pray Fajr .. I dont know if it is true ?

HaQRehman

Slave of ALLAH (SWT)
Just to say it .. I always pray Fajr on the right time :mashallah: and i sleep before 00:00 ... but I would still like to know if it is right what I've heard or if it is wrong ..

Thanks ans Salaam

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Yes, this is the reason I was confused. Because I always heard that its forbidden to pray during sunrise, so if you miss the Fajr time, then its sunrise and so how can you pray then???

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
And when it is 00:00 then it is also not allowed to pray .. Can it be true .. plz help me ..

:astag: 00:00 is not a "special time" in islam,its just a western introduction of keeping ppl awake late,till thier faahish peaks.day doeas not start at 00:00 and
the times when praying is not allowed is when sun is rising and sun is sinking.

zainab bala

Allah is sufficient.
may Allah forgive you, afterall it wasn't intentional. some people would have the gods to continue sleeping when they can clearly hear the Athan.
may Allah guide us all.

LoveIslam

ALLAH FORGIVE US
:salam2:
sister check this link hope this help

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/94311

salaam everyone,

Today I woke up late for Fajr. I don't even remember when I shut off the alarm, but when I woke and it was daylight outside, and my clock said 6.25am. Horrified, I quickly ran to make wudu and performed Fajr Salah. But I'm sure the time must've been over, because sometimes in the morning around 6.25-6.30am I can hear faintly an announcement from a nearby mosque that says "Fajr time is over, from tomoorow perform it at the appropriate time." However, today I think they made that announcement at the very time I was doing wudu. Anyway, so time was over. But I still prayed, because only a few days ago I read a hadith here that Rasulallah (s.a.w.) and his companions were overcome by sleep during fajr and when they woke it was day, but they prayed and Rasulallah said "Its better to pray when you remember." But the hadth didn't specify whether time was over or not.

So please, I'm worried did I do the correct thing? Fajr time was over, but when I looked outside the window after praying, it was cloudy and I couldn't see the sun, but there was still a reddish glow in the sky. So was I supposed to read it at this time, or should I have waited till the sun had finished rising??

Hmm, I checked internet sunrise time for my city and it says 6.23am. Now I feel horrible and can't go back to sleep, lol. :tti_sister: