Praying in Hospital

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
:salam2:

I pray that all my brothers and sisters are doing very well InshaAllah. :tti_sister:

Alright, I'm in a real pickle right now.
My mum doesn't like the idea of praying in a hospital and having the nurses and everyone see. What am I supposed to do? And HOW am I supposed to pray? She tells me we can pray at home but the time for prayer will be donee!

What would you do in this situation?

PS. Please make dua for me, I don't wanna be admitted in this weird, ugly, wehblahblah whatever hospital! Ufffffffffff!!!

rightpath_357

Aw sis!!!!!! Sorry for the late reply!!!!!! :(Why don't you pray in a small-secret room or something- or maybe sitting down. By the way- sis- ARE YOU OKAY!!!!!!! Why are you being admitted into a hospital- are you alright:confused:

May Allah be with you.Ameen.

Get well soon sis- or to the person who is ill.:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

:D:):D:):D:):D:):D:):D:D:)D:)D:):D:)D:)
:);):);):);):);):);):);):);):);):);):);):);):);)

Julie1134

I bet if you asked the hospital they could give you a room to pray in that others could not see you.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Ukhti..Allah (sobhanaho wa ta'ala) says in the Qura'an..

"Verily, As-Salat (the prayer) is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours." [An-Nisaa'a 4:103]

There's a reason why Allah specifies *hours* for prayer..and regardless of the reason..the fact that this is a matter *enjoined*..means that we must *obey* and do what is asked of us..so please remember this matter...as for scholarly sources on delaying prayer and praying in a public area..then I found the following rulings...

The ruling on *purposely* delaying prayer for *no legitimate* reason..

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/36784/delay prayer

The ruling on women praying in a *public area*..

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/21803/pray on time

You may need to kindly and respectfully explain to your mother that you wish to earn the *full ajer* of praying on time and that you do not want to "pile" prayers lest you get lazy and not perform them *at all* and thus commit a wrong!..also tell her that you do not mind people walking by as you will dress modestly..and if you can..refer her to the links posted or any ruling you may find regarding the issue..and may Allah bless you and make your affairs easy!

:wasalam:

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!

Thank you sisters for your replies. May Allah reward you all! Ameen.
Yaa Allah please make this easy for me InshaAllah :tti_sister:

@ sister rightpath_357: Don't worry dear, I'm almost always in the hospital and now its not a big thing anymore ;) Its A-okay. Thankx for your concern! I love you for the sake of Allah.

:hearts:

kayleigh

Use the hospital chapel. I've seen some of them that don't have religious symbols or anything these days because they're supposed to be multi-faith and multi-denominational.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I was also going to say to use the chapel. And even if it does have the cross and the statues there, I'm sure it shouldn't hinder your prayer, as long as you're not directly facing the idol, or if you put some chair or stool in front of your mat?

rightpath_357

Thank you sisters for your replies. May Allah reward you all! Ameen.
Yaa Allah please make this easy for me InshaAllah :tti_sister:

@ sister rightpath_357: Don't worry dear, I'm almost always in the hospital and now its not a big thing anymore ;) Its A-okay. Thankx for your concern! I love you for the sake of Allah.

why sis? whats wrong!!!!!:(
too bad- i'm still worried:lol:
:hearts::hearts::hearts:

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Okk, I have another question. My doctors appointment starts half an hour before Asr. How can I pray asr because my appoinment will take hours! And obviously the doctor won't let me go. :(

Thankxx

al-muslimah

Salam!

Sister listen to me. Be proud of what you do. Never be ashamed of anything you get to do for Islam. Your praying coud be Da'wa for non muslims. It's a great opportunity!

Get well soon :hearts:

Walsalam!

al-muslimah

Okk, I have another question. My doctors appointment starts half an hour before Asr. How can I pray asr because my appoinment will take hours! And obviously the doctor won't let me go. :(

Thankxx
There was a Fatwa I read that day that if you face such situation, you can perform your Asar prayer before it's time with the Duhur prayer.

Sorry didn't enclose it with any evidance.

Brothers and sisters if anyone knows the fatwa please post it here!

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
There was a Fatwa I read that day that if you face such situation, you can perform your Asar prayer before it's time with the Duhur prayer.

Sorry didn't enclose it with any evidance.

Brothers and sisters if anyone knows the fatwa please post it here!

JazakAllahu khayr sister!