Prime minister defends queen's 'nonsense' headscarf remark

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
Prime minister defends queen's 'nonsense' headscarf remark

13 January 2012

Queen Beatrix is right to say Geert Wilders is talking nonsense by describing Muslim headscarves as a symbol of female oppression, prime minister Mark Rutte said on Friday after the weekly cabinet meeting.

'There are an awful lot of women who wear headscarves and they are not all oppressed,' Rutte said.

On Thursday, the queen, who was on a state visit to Oman, told reporters Wilders was talking nonsense for criticising her decision to wear traditional dress. On two occasions, both she and princess Maxima covered their hair and wore long robes while visiting mosques.

The decision led to questions in parliament from the anti-Islam PVV, who say it is a symbol of the opression of women.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2012/01/prime_minister_defends_queens.php

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:salam2:

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Thank you
for sharing this news,
sister.
:jazaak:

Take care,
~Wassalam :)

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
How people in power are allowed to remain uneducated and ignorant remains a mystery to me.

At least, not every Westerner chooses to subscribe to such ignoramus views.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I'm convinced that they are fools in every community, be it in the west or east.

This Geert still leaving in wilderness, he is a fool like a cow. Firstly, he needs to look into his own religion, didn't Paul threaten to shave for not covering their head in the church? Since when he represent our Muslim women? Stupid fellow.