probably sounds stupid but.

serena77

:salam2:

okay... as foolish and as stupid as this will probably sound.... i plan to take the shahada in the next week weeks... but i am scared... i wasn't baptized in any of the christian churches as a child.. my baptism and later my confirmation into the catholic church... were done as an adult... so its not like this is the first time i've ever made a big decision concerning religion... i probably in some ways cheated my way through the catholic instruction for adults because the teacher was sympathetic to the assualt i'd been through and i just couldn't handle a class at night ... and so she met w/ me once a week... gave me a topic for the next week and then asked me if i had any questions ... i was too nervous to have any and i did a LOT of reading on my own ....

this is different.. i'm so afraid i won't get all the prayers in every day.... i know there are some things i will have to continue due to where i live...
doesn't mean i don't want to take the shahada i do.... very much.... but i can't help but be a bit afraid of it....

a_stranger

I think this is natural , any big change in our life may be scary .........try to learn what Islam is............ipray that everything will be Ok

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram

okay... as foolish and as stupid as this will probably sound.... i plan to take the shahada in the next week weeks... but i am scared... i wasn't baptized in any of the christian churches as a child.. my baptism and later my confirmation into the catholic church... were done as an adult... so its not like this is the first time i've ever made a big decision concerning religion... i probably in some ways cheated my way through the catholic instruction for adults because the teacher was sympathetic to the assualt i'd been through and i just couldn't handle a class at night ... and so she met w/ me once a week... gave me a topic for the next week and then asked me if i had any questions ... i was too nervous to have any and i did a LOT of reading on my own ....

this is different.. i'm so afraid i won't get all the prayers in every day.... i know there are some things i will have to continue due to where i live...
doesn't mean i don't want to take the shahada i do.... very much.... but i can't help but be a bit afraid of it....

wa aleikum al-salam,

Dear sister, dont feel so worryed please, think that this is between you and your God, the one that created you and He knows his creations better then anyone, with our goods and our shortcomings.

He is the Most Mercyfull, if you pray 5 times a day is for your own good, we must take care of our spiritual needs in the best way that we can.
I was batised as christain, but my parents did this not me, important is that you heard the call to the truth and you want to follow it now, alhamdullilah.

Do your best and take it step by step, we are to learn until the graves, noone can say i will stop here, now i am finish with all.

Inchallah all will be good with you. :tti_sister:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sweetheart darling...slow it down....

OK...you are planning, InshaAllah, to make the most important decision of your life. You are opening the door to the universe. I keep writing it is a world of sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows...ask your mother what that means.it will make her smile.

Islam is a total way of life. You will encounter everything with baby vision. All that did not make sense prior to this will make sense, now. You will see a world that is so intellectual it makes you dizzy. You will touch a world that is so spiritual it will take away all stress and rid demons from the duyna.

The learning process of how to be 100% a Believer takes a life-time. But, you are not alone. You have us to begin with. We are all your brothers and sisters on the Path.

Learn your prayers. I am still learning each day. Read the Quran everyday. Take a moment to read the hadeeths.

But, keep this with you in the bottom of your heart: Allah subhana wa taala is True to His Word. As you reach out to please Him..He will make your burden easy. This does not mean that He will not test you. But, the solutions to the tests are in front of you.

We are always here. Here we are celebrating your success. Did the Pious Predecessors know what to do in the beginning. No, but as the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, taught them they corrected their behavior. And that is all we are doing. We are trying to be righteous. You are not alone.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
The key is to continue to strive.

Take the shahada, Sister. We don't know what tomorrow will bring or if we'll even see tomorrow. It's better for you to take your shahada and continue to strive towards pleasing Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala than to delay it and God forbid, possibly never get the chance.

This is Shaytan trying to get you to second guess yourself and is filling your head with doubts. He wants to hinder you from the path of salvation for as long as possible. Don't let him win.

Baby steps. Everything takes time. No one's expecting you to be Super Muslim. It won't be easy. Even born Muslims still struggle. But the key is to strive and have no doubt that your Creator will love you for it.

Take your shahada and don't wait.

ShyHijabi

As'alaamu Alaikkum

Sorry to be negative but you are not ready.

I strongly disagree. It is not for any human to tell a person they are not "ready" to take shahada. She could die tomorrow and if she took her shahada today it would be a straight path to Jennah. What I love about Islam is that even the smallest intention to do what's right outweighs our sins.

When I took shahada I was living where there were no mosques, imams, or local Muslim community. I taught myself how to pray from a book for the next month. From this book: http://www.amazon.com/Prescribed-Prayer-Simple-English-Arabic/dp/0961061804 I was far from perfect and it was a learning curve but I managed. Insh'Allah this sister-to-be will manage as well.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear sister

Dear sister, do not worry and try to not feel afraid a loot, because you are not alone, as Allah is always with those who belive only in Him and who ask His Help.

Allah is Al Wakil dear sister, which means that He is a Protector of all His Servants, and with every new step that we take in our life, we should give our best Inshallah,and rely completely on our Rabb.

Allah subhanahu wa teala sais: "And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). " ( At Talaq, Ayah 2)

As other brothers and sisters already reply, if you can not pray all fine obligatory salah prayer, Inshallah with help of Allah and with time, it will become more eaiser for you, because Alhamdulillah nothing is easy in the begining,and every new day is a strugle for us Muslims.

Espeacily dear sister this should not take you away from Islam, because the most importnate is that you take Shahadah,and that you believe honestly in one Allah and His Messnager Prophet Mohammed sallahu aleyha wa salam.

May Allah bless you dear sister and help you always. Ameen ya Rabb :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

Hatty

Do not be scared or afraid sister. Take your Shahada now, why wait few weeks. You can do it privately tonight in your room and Allah is your witness.

Are you not afraid instead of not to take the Shahada? even if there are things you think you can not stop or hard to stop straight away, it is ok, take the Shahada and work on that slowly.

If you are sinning it does not mean you would not be a Muslim. If you commit an offence in Virginia - such as parking ticket - that does not stop you from becoming a US citizen, does it? there are ways to clear the offence. Likewise in Islam.

Sakeena

why wait?

asalam alaikum sweeto Serena,

once you take that step and say shahadah you will feel so peaceful and find urself smiling ear to ear!!! :hijabi:

*HUGS HER*

I'm not sure what to say..I was overjoyed before, during, and after my shahdah.. maybe the shaytaan is trying to discourage you! :girl3:

dearo, we never know when our time to die is, the sooner the better.

you know ALLAH knows what is best for you, taking your shahadah right now, this minute will relieve you of all the pain and apprehension you feel. Just go for it! :hijabi:

Why wait? you've been waiting and waiting, putting it off, what if you continue to put if off and something were to happen to you...God forbid.

You have the TRUTH right it front of you, right there looking back at you, don't let it slip away. Would you like to call me or a sister here and say shahadah with us?

Just asking. Or perhaps some support.

Really, you can do this! :hearts:

Go for a walk, take a nap, take a bubble bath, after you clear your mind of negative thoughts, play the adhaan (call to prayer) the shaytaan flees upon hearing this!!

Then he won't bother you and do this when ur ready to take your shahadah. I believe he is trying to hinder you from this!

We all love you no matter what. Weither you take shahadah now or later, just know that our time will eventually run out and ALLAH subhanahu wa ta'ala is waiting for his new princess to come to him crawling and HE will come to you running and hug you. :hijabi:

Don't wait my dear.

:tti_sister:

Tomtom

Banned
As'alaamu Alaikkum

I didn't mean to upset anybody here with my reply to Serena. Now let's look at her post very carefully.

but i am scared
i'm so afraid i won't get all the prayers in every day
but i can't help but be a bit afraid of it

OK if a person is scared and is not 100% committed then the chances are that person will not stay the course but somewhere along the line she will abandon what she started. It's true satan will cast doubts in her head, even as something as simple as a friend making a derogatory comment about her conversion she will quit. Once you become a muslim and you turn away Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala says that is an unforgivable sin. One must be able to die for their belief and for God. There are no half ways about it. Either you are a muslim or you are not. Simple.

I sometimes come across as being harsh, it's just that I like to talk straight, I don't like to sugar coat stuff when the salvation of your soul is at stake.

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!

being scared is a natural thing. its like the first time u learnt to ride a bike, or drank coffee, or the first time you done sky diving...

the first thing in everything is scary. but once u've done it, u realise there was nothing to be scared about...

even if u dont/cant manage to do teh 5-a-day prayers, still accept islaam, as being a sinful muslim is better than being a non-muslim....

Sakeena

don't worry about the five prayers, I didn't learn to pray until six years after my reversion. I had no one to guide me but you have TTI and many websites to learn how to pray, Allah won't put you in hell because you haven't learned or can't do all five prayers every day at the beginning.

Don't worry about five prayers, hijab, halaal food, while these are important, before you can move in a house, you have to plan a way to pay for it right?

These things come SLOWLY. Remember ONE STEP AT A TIME!!

Don't rush yourself. Remember its ur INTENTIONS that matter to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala first.

:hijabi:

I hope this helps! :tti_sister:

Perseveranze

As'alaamu Alaikkum

Sorry to be negative but you are not ready.

Asalaamu Alaikum,

You should take it whenever you can, "ready or not". As someone stated above, who knows when our last moments will be, and even if your a bad muslim, atleast your a muslim... it's best not to waste time.

ShyHijabi

As'alaamu Alaikkum

I didn't mean to upset anybody here with my reply to Serena. Now let's look at her post very carefully.

but i am scared
i'm so afraid i won't get all the prayers in every day
but i can't help but be a bit afraid of it

OK if a person is scared and is not 100% committed then the chances are that person will not stay the course but somewhere along the line she will abandon what she started. It's true satan will cast doubts in her head, even as something as simple as a friend making a derogatory comment about her conversion she will quit. Once you become a muslim and you turn away Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala says that is an unforgivable sin. One must be able to die for their belief and for God. There are no half ways about it. Either you are a muslim or you are not. Simple.

I sometimes come across as being harsh, it's just that I like to talk straight, I don't like to sugar coat stuff when the salvation of your soul is at stake.

If she dies this moment then she is not Muslim, and thus the destiny of her soul is very much questionable. If she takes shahada now and struggles and strives to do her best, then Allah swt has promised a deluge of mercy and forgiveness for every error. I made TONS of mistakes in the beginning and I am sure most of my prayers were not perfect. My hijab was a work in progress for about 3 months as I struggled with how to pin it and make sure it stayed. (it actually would slip off sometimes much to my mortification)

Think of her as a newborn baby, we do not judge them for every fumble or perceived error. Rather we know this is expected as one grows and matures. I would NEVER discourage a person from taking shahada immediately as I do not want to answer for the sin if they die before taking it. I struggled for months after taking my shahada with doubt, second thoughts and fear that I had made the wrong decision. Shaitaan loves to whisper these doubts in your ear when you are new and unsure. It is our job as fellow Muslims to help her as much as necessary and seek the answers to her questions if we do not know the answers.

Sakeena

Ditto to what ShyHijabi said! And it is up to us to help her and give her support when she needs it InshaAllah.

Baby Serena. :hearts:

Tomtom

Banned
I'm hearing a lot of stories where reverts are going back on their oath because they were not ready and not committed. I have also sat through a congregation in my local masjid not knowing what was going on because I didn't know how to pray but the difference is I wanted to be a muslim I wanted to submit to God 100% and all I'm saying is that if a person is not fully committed as I believe Serena is not, then the consequences are even worse. I think people are commenting here all wanted to convert and when they did they were 100% sure about it. I believe Serena still harbours some doubts and all I am saying is to wait until she is 100% sure. THIS IS WHAT I DID.

K-A-K

TomTom you said:

"OK if a person is scared and is not 100% committed then the chances are that person will not stay the course but somewhere along the line she will abandon what she started. It's true satan will cast doubts in her head, even as something as simple as a friend making a derogatory comment about her conversion she will quit. Once you become a muslim and you turn away Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala says that is an unforgivable sin. One must be able to die for their belief and for God. There are no half ways about it. Either you are a muslim or you are not. Simple."

I have a question... What about all those who were born into Muslim families, but weren't exactly practicing.. Or those who did read Quran but without understanding Arabic. You know there are many cases like that... I am one of them. I was a bad Muslim, but did try to pray but truth is i never understood what I was doing or why. I just did because i thought such things had to be done...

Then came the time I AlhamduLillah took to understanding things. I was all alone with no teacher other than Allah SWT. Naturally I got a lot of hate Islam websites. And so many other doubts that you get. I was challenged. I challenged every question that i could ask. Call it my immaturity or lack of knowledge, i was very upset. I wasn't sure what was right and what was wrong. Didn't know whether Islam was right or wrong, mostly because my elders said it was right. No evidence of why! I do not want to blame anyone but myself that I failed. But i did not leave Islam. i struggled for it.. No matter how much I was challenged, I prayed that I be guided to the true God. It was very tough... still is. I still haven't recovered because my ideas of God and Islam were too childish... based on objective thoughts. But obviously God isn't how we think He is. He is how He is and how He states...

So my question is, those doubts... those contradictions... That almost giving up of faith.. is it unforgivable? Will He not forgive? I slipped and I know it is my fault... I did not have adequate knowledge and I was leading a life that was according to my desires and religion was just a part of it. Everything happened because I wanted to correct things. I prayed for guidance and here I am. Though I know if a person doubts something, and then gets to the evidence of its truth, the lesson is worthier. Its learnt the hard way around...

It breaks my heart that AuzuBillah I may not be forgiven. I never meant to do it. I still don't mean to do it. i want to be a person who believes in God, no questions asked! :S In all that I never for once wanted to give up the struggle... I prayed that I become a Muslim not because i was born into Islam, but because the true religion has to be that of submission to God, i.e. Islam.

So...? What do you think?

Sakeena

I'm hearing a lot of stories where reverts are going back on their oath because they were not ready and not committed. I have also sat through a congregation in my local masjid not knowing what was going on because I didn't know how to pray but the difference is I wanted to be a muslim I wanted to submit to God 100% and all I'm saying is that if a person is not fully committed as I believe Serena is not, then the consequences are even worse. I think people are commenting here all wanted to convert and when they did they were 100% sure about it. I believe Serena still harbours some doubts and all I am saying is to wait until she is 100% sure. THIS IS WHAT I DID.

She may not have a tomorrow tomtom. This may be it. Her only chance. Only Allah knows.

why wait? what does she have to loose by accepting the Truth? A garantee to Jannah. If she doesn't, then what? We're talking about the Hereafter and her destiny. don't discourage her from her the Truth. It won't help her and will only make her feel worse! :girl3: