"PRONUNCIATION OF ARABIC LETTERS"

FindingHikmah

:salam2: To everybody

I have a question that is pertaining to the pronunciation of Arabic letter/words. A new masjid opened up near our house and we started to go there. Certain words the Imam would say were a little different from what I was used to saying. For example i would say zikr he says its dikhr. I would say Zuhr he says Dhuhr. I would say Salaat he said Salaah. I say Zulfiqar he said Dhulifqar. In ruku I say Subhaana Rabi al Azeem He would say Subhaan Rabi al Adheem. Surah Kausar Surah Kauthar. Uthman Usman etc. etc.

I asked the imam about it and he said that since Prophet Mohammed :saw: was an Arab I should say it like he recited. I asked my father and he said thats how his father taught him and most pakistanis say it like that. I told him I think he's wrong but he says the same thing. Didnt Prophet Abraham father said that same thing?

I heard that since there were 7 dialects(correct me if im worng) during that time that it might be acceptable but I thought that Uthman had it writted in only the dialect that the Prophet :saw: had said which was in Quraish.
Please help me on the correct pronunciation. And if I have said anything wrong please forgive me and correct me. I only want to learn.
I ask forgiveness for any mistake i have written and to forgive us all Ameen

:jazaak:

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
If you want , I can tell my brother to pronounce whateva you want to learn .
List the sentences you want here , please :)