proper way of offering pray while in journey

Abdul25

Logical Believer
:salam2:

it happened with me, i went to a friend in Berlin at the time of asar prayer, we both didnt know the exact direction of Qibla (kaaba).. so i guessed and prayed in a direction and my friend prayed in a different direction (he guessed it different way ) we didnt make jama'at , now what about this pray?
is it ok?

and the second one..
while coming back from him , i was on train and time of maghrib approached, now i was sitting on a seat, i didnt know the direction of Qibla( as train was moving so cant judge), i prayed while sitting on a seat, but couldn't make sajda ( on floor) i just bowed myself as i could nt make sajda on floor as i was sitting on a seat , i made ruku as well sajda like this..
now i dont have any learned person to ask from in my area. so if any one helps me answer , i and my friend will be relieved from a great confusion and will help us ..
:wasalam:

daywalker

we didnt make jama'at , now what about this pray?
is it ok?
:wasalam:
yes, what you did was right, if you both cant agree on same direction, you should pray separate and to that direction where your intuition says.
and the second one..
while coming back from him , i was on train and time of maghrib approached, now i was sitting on a seat, i didnt know the direction of Qibla( as train was moving so cant judge), i prayed while sitting on a seat, but couldn't make sajda ( on floor) i just bowed myself as i could nt make sajda on floor as i was sitting on a seat , i made ruku as well sajda like this..
there are always place in train to stand at a corner and pray, you may have try to pray by standing position. and if you hadnt any option left, what u did, it will fullfill the validity of your salah.

and Allah knows best

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

This seems to verify and authenticate what was already said about the directions:

Al-Baqara
It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces to the East and the West; but righteous is he who believeth in Allah and the Last Day and the angels and the Scripture and the prophets; and giveth wealth, for love of Him, to kinsfolk and to orphans and the needy and the wayfarer and to those who ask, and to set slaves free; and observeth proper worship and payeth the poor-due. And those who keep their treaty when they make one, and the patient in tribulation and adversity and time of stress. Such are they who are sincere. Such are the God-fearing. (177)

From the route of Amir-il-Mu'minin (the leader of the Believers) Abu Hafs Umar bin al-Khattab, may Allah accept his deeds, who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, say: The religious matters are valid only with proper intentions; and one acquires that which he intended. The one whose Immigration was for the sake of Allah and His Messenger, then his Immigration is accepted. And the one whose Immigration was for a worldly gain or for marrying a woman, then his Immigration is for the purpose he intended and is not accepted. Narrated by the two Imams of the Scholars of Hadith, Abu Abdillah Muhammad bin Isma il bin Ibrahim bin al-Mughirah bin Bardizbah al-Bukhari, and Abu al-Husayn Muslim bin al-Hajjaj bin Muslim al-Qushayri an-Naysaburi in their two books of As-Sahih which are the most Sahih books that have been compiled.
The Second

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salamalaik
You should atleast start the salah in the directiion of Ka'ba,if you know,atleast facing the Ka'ba.Then if the train moves in other direction, thats okay.
Try to carry a compass or atleast a thin bar magnet(that can be kept in moneybag) to ensure the kiblah.
Refer to the book: A guide to salah by MAK Saqib in scribd.com