Prophet Muhammad S.A.W was Intelligent in the science of Feelings & Emotions

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
Prophet Muhammad S.A.W was Intelligent in the science of Feelings & Emotions
Muhammad (may peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) realized that his uncle was poor and burdened by the many children he had to take care of. Muhammad (may peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) proposed that he take care of one of the sons (i.e. ‘Alee). The uncle was only pleased, and had agreed.

Emotional intelligence is to empathize with the feelings of others, without them needing to openly express their emotions, or make requests, demands, complains etc. Master the art of “reading between the emotional lines” and take the initiative to offer your support, whatever the support might be (even if expressed in words). You would not imagine how much people cherish such gestures and intelligent readings!

Dr. Hesham Alawadi

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleykum

Very nice said dear sister. And from the features of our prophet, peace be upon him, i like very much that he was subtle and gentle in dealing with people that where inferior, in intelligence or in wealth, treating them like equals. These days there are many humans that step on people's feelings when they meet someone very poor or less educated then they are. We feel the need to show that we are superior...but there is a lack of compasion.

The Prophet (pbuh) accepted a gift from a poor man, tasted it and then went on eating it alone while the companions watched. One of those present meekly said, "O Prophet of Allah, have you overlooked the right of those who watch while you eat?" The Prophet (pbuh) smiled and waited till the man who had brought the fruit had gone. Then he said, "I tasted the fruit and it was not yet ripe. Had I allowed you to have some of it, someone would have definitely shown his distaste, thus disappointing the poor man who brought this gift. Rather than make him feel bitter, I accepted the bitterness."

May Allah make us from the just ones and may Allah help us to help others in need.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Subhan allah, this is why Allah swt chose him as our prophet (salalahu akayhi wa selam)

Abu-Talha

Brother in Deen
jazak Allah khayran

" we send you ( the Prophet alayhi salam) as mercy for all the worlds" , may Allah make us from thos that are near him in jannah

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua`alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Nice thread, Mashaa Allaah. Jazaakum Allaahu khaayr to all those who contributed.

Emotional intelligence is to empathize with the feelings of others, without them needing to openly express their emotions, or make requests, demands, complains etc.

I am basically surrounded by people who constantly complain about everything in their life. A friend who has anger-management issue and not really a patience person, a mother who always talks about others (even though with the excuse that it should be seen as a lesson but always it exposes the flaws of others). Alhamdulillah though that I have good friends who are of the same "kind" i.e: Complain less to human, more to Allaah. Alhamdulillah.

Many times, how I deal with such people who aren't the "same kind", I'll just be quiet. Try to be supportive? Yes, I did that but then they find other excuses to complain with their "but. . . ". Advice or sharing the rulings of speaking behind others (yes, names were mentioned to me)? I will be teased or my intention will be misunderstood. Sometimes what I say to them, they'll repeat it again to me; as if what I said were some jokes.

What's your take to deal with these kind of people? How did you responded to them?

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma

What's your take to deal with these kind of people? How did you responded to them?

Walaikumassalaam wa rehamatullahi wa barakatuhu sis..

I usually prefer keeping quiet to such things. I try telling them once, twice, thrice and sometimes it goes to five times.. But in the end, it all goes down the drain.. Rather they point the finger at me and tell "First, correct yourself then tell me".. I agree I am no where near perfection, but I guess a good advice isn't doing any harm plus it makes me aware about my negatives too, so that I can work on them.. Personally I feel, nobody likes to be pointed out to their faults.. They only want to listen to what pleases them and not to what is the TRUTH.. Is it just me over here feeling that way?

But there are a few, who heed to what I say.. I dunno whether they try to change or not, but atleast they listen to the advise with an open-mind.. :) Alhamdulilah.. Sister.. U can try to tell them politely many a times (or) maybe an indirect reference to what you are trying to say..

Sister Hajjerr - Very well said.. At times I feel, the educated people behave like illiterates and vice-versa.. Had a few personal experiences.. :|

Peace :)

Abu-Talha

Brother in Deen

wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah

generaly from the ways of dawah is to act in silenc, not to go into talk, to show islam with actions, to turn back their bad actions with good action, as it is the verse in Quran to turn evil with good actions, this will smash the shaytan wich is near them and that wispers them to act bad, and it will suprise olso thos people too, they will fell confused with action like that, there are other great wisdoms behind the way of returning bad actions of people with good actions

but we need olso to talk to, just that talk need to be done as much as we can with wisdom, scholars said hikmah-wisdom is " saying the corect word, in corect place and corect time", we must use words wich will not make them fell insulted, but words wich will make them think, words wich have in themself fear of consequences for their action's wich they do, or to hit them in things wich have to do with things that they dont whant for themself

this is just a example, dosnt have to do with your case, but just to understand how to hit people in their conscience

one person said to the Prophet alyahi salam, that he canot leave adultery-zinah, the Prophet alayhi salam said to him " do you whant to see your sister, mother, anty ( etc) in this things, the man said no, i would of kill them if i found in this, and the person says, after that advice of Prophet alayhi salam, i never look any women in my life"

this is just the meaning of the hadith, not word by word

we need to study the person character, even if they are our family etc, and to make them think about issues more seriosly, but we need to be carefull what we say and how, so that it dosnt become something wich they will fell insulted

but from main things in dawah is to make people fear and to hope in Allah, this is importen issue, and to give them example how Allah gave them this and that etc, and how they can loss this and that, but always with wisdom and our talk should not bring into fight with people, but with patience and wisdom

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Jazaakumma Allaahu khaayraa.

Yes, I do believe patience and wisdom in da`wah is something that cannot be achieved in a day or two in this field. It is gain throughout the tests and struggles that we face from the people and situations that will eventually expand our views and minds also to make us more matured in handling the situation, inshaa Allaah.

Reminds me of this ayat:

"Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided." [16:125]

I've recently listened to one of Nouman Ali Khan's lecture on "The Message of Qur`an and Family" where he says that among the hardest for us to do da`wah is to our closest i.e: our family. It is not that your friend, your neighbors or acquaintances, but it is your parents, your siblings and relatives who will usually let you down when you are enjoining the good and making the 360 degree change towards goodness in your life. Thus why the ayaat:

"O you who have believed, protect yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is people and stones, over which are [appointed] angels, harsh and severe; they do not disobey Allah in what He commands them but do what they are commanded." [66:6]

The full lecture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxvvbI3b5VY

May Allaah grant us the wisdom, good instructions, patience and emotional intelligence like that of the Prophet Muhammad :saw: along our journey in da`wah and that someone, someday will accept Islaam through us, Ameen.

Prophet :saw: say: "If Allah (SWT) were to guide one person to Islam through you, it is better for you than owning red camels." [Fath al-Bari, 7/476]

:wasalam:

strive-may-i

Walaikum Ssalaam warahmathullaahi wabarakaatuh Sister,

Read:
And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allah's) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affairs. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him). [Qur'an 3:159]

The mocking tongue has a bad taste, it can ruin all those who listen to it, ward off in best way.
What you have to realize is they are in a different state of inertia either by circumstance, thoughtlessness or choice. Those who are in a different state (say you in this case), should not get pulled down by that disliked state.

Its very important to remember:
Everybody is in some kind of a battle, so be kind.

Nice thread, Mashaa Allaah. Jazaakum Allaahu khaayr to all those who contributed.

I am basically surrounded by people who constantly complain about everything in their life. A friend who has anger-management issue and not really a patience person, a mother who always talks about others (even though with the excuse that it should be seen as a lesson but always it exposes the flaws of others). Alhamdulillah though that I have good friends who are of the same "kind" i.e: Complain less to human, more to Allaah. Alhamdulillah.

Many times, how I deal with such people who aren't the "same kind", I'll just be quiet. Try to be supportive? Yes, I did that but then they find other excuses to complain with their "but. . . ". Advice or sharing the rulings of speaking behind others (yes, names were mentioned to me)? I will be teased or my intention will be misunderstood. Sometimes what I say to them, they'll repeat it again to me; as if what I said were some jokes.