Prophet Muhammad : The Universal Man.

Abu Fauzi

As-Salaam alaikum,
Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, is the most perfect manifestation of Universal Man. He alluded to this when he said :--"The first thing created by Allah was my light (nuri)" or "my spirit (ruhi)" - a hadith cited by Sufi Masters.
And as observed by Imam Jalaluddin Rumi:
"Externally the branch (of a tree) is the origin of the fruit, Intrinsically the branch came into existence for the sake of the fruit. If there had not been desire and hope of the fruit, how should the gardener have planted the root of the tree?
Therefore in reality the tree was born of the fruit, (even) if in appearance it (the fruit) was generated by the tree.
Hence Muastafa (Muhammad) said: "Adam and (other) prophets are (following) behind me under (my) banner."
For this reason that master of (all) sorts of knowledge (Muhammad) uttered the allegorical saying 'We are the last and the foremost'.
(That is to say), "If in appearance I am born of Adam, in reality I am the forefather of every forefather,...'' Thefore in reality the father (Adam) was born of me, therefore in reality the tree was born of the fruit."
The thought (idea), which is first, comes last into actuallity, in particular the thought that is eternal.
So it is realized that Muhammad was the foundation (of the universe)." But for thee (Muhammad) I would not have created the heavens. " Everything that exists, honor and humility, authority and high degree, all are of his dispensation and his shadow, for all have become manifest from him".
After Jalaluddin Rumi: Discourses, page 117.