protesting is not the islamic way to do so

MutlekM

:salam2:

Ibn 'Abbās said, peace and blessings of Allāh be on him, said:

"He who dislikes an order of his amīr should withhold himself from opposition, for he who rebels against the king by a span dies the death of jāhiliyyah."

Anas reported, The Prophet, peace and blessings of Allāh be on him, said:

"Hear and obey though a Negro whose head is like a raisin is appointed (to rule over you)."

The Prophet (sallallahu aleihi wa sallam) said:

"Allah does not punish the individuals for the sins of the community until they see the evil spreading among themselves, and while they have the power to stop it, do not do so." (Ahmad)

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Ma'idah 5:8

O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allâh and be just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is Well*!Acquainted with what you do.

Shaykh Abdul-Azeez ibn Baaz, hafidahullah was asked, "Is it from the manhaj (methodology) of the Salaf to criticise the Rulers from the minbar (the pulpit)? And what is the manhaj of the Salaf with respect to advising the Rulers?" He responded:

It is not from the manhaj of the Salaf to publicise the faults of the Rulers and to mention such things from the pulpit because that leads to confusion/disorder and the absence of hearing and obeying the ruler in what is good. it also results in (the people) becoming engrossed (with these matters, arguing and debating) which causes harm and produces no benefit. The followed path with the Salaf, however is to give naseehah (advice) with respect to the matters which are between themselves and the leader, writing to him or by reaching him through the scholars who keep in touch with him (to advise him) until the ruler is directed towards the good. Repelling the evil occurs without mentioning the doer of the evil. So fornication, drinking of intoxicants and the taking of usury are curbed without mentioning the one who does such things. Warding off the evil and warning and the people against it is sufficient without it being mentioned that such and such a person does it, whether he is a ruler or other than the ruler.

And when the fitnah occurred in the time of 'Uthmaan , some of the people said to Usaamah ibn Zaid , "Will you not speak to "'Uthmaan?" So he replied, "You think that I will not talk to him without letting you know about it (also). Indeed, I will certainly talk to him regarding that which concerns me and him without initiating a matter which I do not love to be the first to initiate."

MutlekM

Hadith - Sahih Muslim 4569, Narrated Umm Salamah, r.a.

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: In the near future there will be Amirs (rulers) and you will like their good deeds and dislike their bad deeds. One who sees through their bad deeds (and tries to prevent their repetition by his hand or through his speech), is absolved from blame, but one who hates their bad deeds (in the heart of his heart, being unable to prevent their recurrence by his hand or his tongue), is (also) safe (so far as God"s wrath is concerned). But one who approves of their bad deeds and imitates them is spiritually ruined. People asked (the Prophet): Shouldn't we fight against them? He replied: No, as long as they say their prayers.

Peace:)

abdul-aziz

إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَأْمُرُ بِالْعَدْلِ وَالْإِحْسَانِ وَإِيتَاءِ ذِي الْقُرْبَىٰ وَيَنْهَىٰ عَنِ الْفَحْشَاءِ وَالْمُنكَرِ وَالْبَغْيِ ۚ يَعِظُكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَذَكَّرُونَ [١٦:٩٠

[Saheeh_International] Indeed, Allah orders justice and good conduct and giving to relatives and forbids immorality and bad conduct and oppression. He admonishes you that perhaps you will be reminded. 16:90

Above ayah, states how every muslim is to carry him or her self. You here this ayah repeated in Juma'a khutba very often.

Allah is the commander of all our affairs. And ruler, is not in between the person and Allah. One of the things Allah never mentioned in the Quran and Sunnah, is how people derive rule and leadership. We have examples of the prophet, PBUH, and Sahaba, ra. In fact, Umar, once asked a man, what do you think of me as a khalifa? He answered Just (aadil), Umar, ra, was then pleased.

you see there are certain right every human is entitled to:

this hadith in abu dawud:

Book 23, Number 3470:
Narrated A man:

A man from the immigrants of the Companions of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: I participated in battle three times along with the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him). I heard him say: Muslims have common share in three (things). grass, water and fire.

( note fire similar to energy, grass feed human and animals)

When these get compromised or restricted then you are being oppressed.

I am going to stop here, but do look into these. Now keep in mind, when there are matters which there is difference of opinion, then it is up to you to research confirm and take a position (of course consulting a knowledgeable sheik).

wa Allah ya'lam
:wasalam:

MutlekM

إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَأْمُرُ بِالْعَدْلِ وَالْإِحْسَانِ وَإِيتَاءِ ذِي الْقُرْبَىٰ وَيَنْهَىٰ عَنِ الْفَحْشَاءِ وَالْمُنكَرِ وَالْبَغْيِ ۚ يَعِظُكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَذَكَّرُونَ [١٦:٩٠

[Saheeh_International] Indeed, Allah orders justice and good conduct and giving to relatives and forbids immorality and bad conduct and oppression. He admonishes you that perhaps you will be reminded. 16:90

Above ayah, states how every muslim is to carry him or her self. You here this ayah repeated in Juma'a khutba very often.

Allah is the commander of all our affairs. And ruler, is not in between the person and Allah. One of the things Allah never mentioned in the Quran and Sunnah, is how people derive rule and leadership. We have examples of the prophet, PBUH, and Sahaba, ra. In fact, Umar, once asked a man, what do you think of me as a khalifa? He answered Just (aadil), Umar, ra, was then pleased.

you see there are certain right every human is entitled to:

this hadith in abu dawud:

Book 23, Number 3470:
Narrated A man:

A man from the immigrants of the Companions of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: I participated in battle three times along with the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him). I heard him say: Muslims have common share in three (things). grass, water and fire.

( note fire similar to energy, grass feed human and animals)

When these get compromised or restricted then you are being oppressed.

I am going to stop here, but do look into these. Now keep in mind, when there are matters which there is difference of opinion, then it is up to you to research confirm and take a position (of course consulting a knowledgeable sheik).

wa Allah ya'lam

I have tried to contact a sheikh but i couldnt and my Imam is the one that told me that this was un-islamic but other ppl disagree and I just to straighten things out because I am rreally confused. Thanks

abdul-aziz

I have tried to contact a sheikh but i couldnt and my Imam is the one that told me that this was un-islamic but other ppl disagree and I just to straighten things out because I am rreally confused. Thanks

please be patient, when you are unsure of something, you don't need to act either way until you are sure. In sha Allah, Allah will guide you with the correct position.

I do want to note, that I love and always listen to "Salaf Assalih" ; but this is one thing I don't feel is given enough attention or thought to deal with today and the way our living is.

make duaa

MutlekM

please be patient, when you are unsure of something, you don't need to act either way until you are sure. In sha Allah, Allah will guide you with the correct position.

I do want to note, that I love and always listen to "Salaf Assalih" ; but this is one thing I don't feel is given enough attention or thought to deal with today and the way our living is.

make duaa

shukran akhi may Allaah give us the patience and help us on the straight path~Ameen.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

How these tyrannies have got they power?

They have murdered several muslims to keep it. Is it ok in islam what avoid killing any human?

I don´t support assasinate them at all but send them to islamic sharia court to judge them about they crimes agains other humans.

:tti_sister:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
I pray these protests bring about a new Islamic world with honest leaders that actually help the poor and the oppressed. And that they stand UNITED against oppression from foreign sources.

The people in the Muslim world that are mainly whining about these revolutions are those that are afraid that they are next. The governments of Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia all offered to pay Mubarak $5 billion a year to keep him in power. They are all of the leaders that never did a single thing to help the Muslims in Palestine, and they are the leaders that never stood united against foreign invaders when they came to attack Muslim countries.

Assalam alaikum.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I take protests very seriously. It is the will of the common people. It is the enjoining of good and the forbidding of evil with a whole lot of people with you. And what a way to make dawah.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

I hear there is a proper Islamic protest going on in Libya? I heard the Sheykhs their issued a Fatwa for the protest ?

MutlekM

Bros/sis dont take me wrong I only posted what our Imam told me as we were having this argument my parents on the other hand say the protest are good but then i got confused so I am trying to straighten things out. I was hoping you guys could give me hadiths or verses from the Quran to support your idea.

MutlekM

here is some more:
Fighting a corrupt muslim ruler
If an Imam (leader) or Amir (ruler) becomes corrupt he should first be given a call to Islam (submission) in private, or possibly in public if his evil deeds were done in public. If he does not turn away from his evil deeds, he should be overthrown or removed from position. However, in the process of removing him from position, he should not be physically fought, such as waging war with weapons. This is because the ruler is still muslim, and the muslims are not to attack or kill another muslim. If, however, the Muslim leader or ruler completely abandons his salat, he nullifies his Islam and can be fought if necessary. (However, to prove this, it would take an Islamic court or similar situation in which the person could defend themselves against all accusations).

Hadith - Sahih Muslim 4569, Narrated Umm Salamah, r.a.

The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: In the near future there will be Amirs (rulers) and you will like their good deeds and dislike their bad deeds. One who sees through their bad deeds (and tries to prevent their repetition by his hand or through his speech), is absolved from blame, but one who hates their bad deeds (in the heart of his heart, being unable to prevent their recurrence by his hand or his tongue), is (also) safe (so far as God"s wrath is concerned). But one who approves of their bad deeds and imitates them is spiritually ruined. People asked (the Prophet): Shouldn't we fight against them? He replied: No, as long as they say their prayers.

Hadith - Related by Ahmad, Dawud, at-Tirmidhi, anNasa'i and Ibn Majah
Buraidah reported that the Prophet said, "The pact between us and them is prayer. Whoever abandons it is a disbeliever."

Rulers will be held accountable to Allah
Hadith - Al-Bukhari 4.661, Narrated Abu Huraira, r.a.

The Prophet (saaws) said, "The Israelis used to be ruled and guided by prophets: Whenever a prophet died, another would take over his place. There will be no prophet after me, but there will be Caliphs who will increase in number." The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What do you order us (to do)?" He said, "Obey the one who will be given the pledge of allegiance first. Fulfil their (i.e. the Caliphs) rights, for Allah will ask them about (any shortcoming) in ruling those Allah has put under their guardianship."

Hadith - Sahih Al-Bukhari 9:265

Allah's Messenger SAW said, "If any ruler having the authority to rule Muslim subjects dies while he is deceiving them, Allah will forbid Paradise for him."

The Noble Qur'an - 4:111

And whoever earns sin, he earns it only against himself. And Allah is Ever All*!Knowing, All*!Wise

Sahih Muslim - Volume 9, Book 89, Number 264, Narrated Ma'qil

I heard the Prophet (saaws) saying, "Any man whom Allah has given the authority of ruling some people and he does not look after them in an honest manner, will never feel even the smell of Paradise."

The Noble Qur'an 4:79

Whatever of good reaches you, is from Allah, but whatever of evil befalls you, is from yourself.

The Noble Qur'an 22:54

And that those who have been given knowledge may know that it (this Qur'an) is the truth from your Lord, and that they may believe therein, and their hearts may SUBMIT TO IT WITH HUMILITY. And verily, Allah is the Guide of those who believe, to the Straight Path.

http://muttaqun.com/corruptleaders.html
peace:)

dna1987

Muslim Guy
here is some more:
Fighting a corrupt muslim ruler
If an Imam (leader) or Amir (ruler) becomes corrupt he should first be given a call to Islam (submission) in private, or possibly in public if his evil deeds were done in public. If he does not turn away from his evil deeds, he should be overthrown or removed from position. However, in the process of removing him from position, he should not be physically fought, such as waging war with weapons. This is because the ruler is still muslim, and the muslims are not to attack or kill another muslim. If, however, the Muslim leader or ruler completely abandons his salat, he nullifies his Islam and can be fought if necessary. (However, to prove this, it would take an Islamic court or similar situation in which the person could defend themselves against all accusations).

Do you know how pratically impossible this is in real life? If the ruler is not a Muslim, where are you going to find an Islamic court in the country to take him up on his accusations? Which police force will bring the leader to the court if he refuses?

Lastly, no protestor has used weapons, only chants. It is the ruling government that has used weapons against the people. Hence, it is the government that is killing Muslims. The people that have died so far in Tunisia, Egypt, Lybia and Bahrain were all civilians that did not have any guns (weapons) on them. Assalam alaikum.

MutlekM

Do you know how pratically impossible this is in real life? If the ruler is not a Muslim, where are you going to find an Islamic court in the country to take him up on his accusations? Which police force will bring the leader to the court if he refuses?

Lastly, no protestor has used weapons, only chants. It is the ruling government that has used weapons against the people. Hence, it is the government that is killing Muslims. The people that have died so far in Tunisia, Egypt, Lybia and Bahrain were all civilians that did not have any guns (weapons) on them. Assalam alaikum.
walaikom asalam that quote was takin from the website that i posted. I havent said anything out of my own words in the previous post for I am not knowledgeable of this topic thats why i posted it as an argument so i could learn from it, since I was having this argument with my imam and he told me mostly most of the hadiths i was posting.
Explain then why Al-Husayn, may God have been pleased with him, fought Yazeed ibn Mu`aawiya, who was the ruler, and why Abdullah ibn Az-Zubayr, may God have been pleased with them, fought Al-Hajjaaj, who used to lead the prayers?

They did because Yazeed and Al-Hajjaaj were tyrants. Fighting them is required Jihaad.

You asked for evidence, but you did not comment on the evidence I quoted you in my earlier post.

I am sorry akhi I was in a bit of a rush and I was talking in general. I needed some advice on how to contradict his statements while at the same time providing proof for what i am saying.

MutlekM

That's all right, brother. All I was saying that the evidence against his argument is plenty and I gave you a few examples. Simply examine his reasoning and examine the counter reasoning and decide for yourself which has more merit. The conclusion is obvious, but you have to make it for yourself.

ok akhi shukran ill analyze the facts but i dont want to come to a wrong conclusion so ill post my conclusion after i check it out inshAllaah i will not say anything wrong.

msmoorad

mommys boy
salaams to all
the thing that i feel needs to be addresssed is how these leaders/rulers ever got elected/came into power in the first place.
im sure if we had to investigate that issue, we would see that they are not even in these positions of power legitimately. they are all zionist puppets.
and, now that they are in power, they are showing themselves to be enemies of Islam despite their muslim names.
so, i dont think people would be sinful for revolting against them. they will never accept any criticism, even if done according to the dictates of shariah- they only understand force.
i could be wrong as im no scholar/aalim.
jazakallah

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
salams ,
Gadaffi, has said in the past that you do not say "Qul "in surah Iklas as that was only for Rasul (saw), that is only one example , He has books on magic! he is shooting our youth in the streets, he is murdering unarmed protesters, he has bought in mercenaries to kill us ,
Our shk. who is a big alim and very very respected has told us it is wajib to get rid of this monster. So inshallah with the help of Allah ta`laa which I know is with the rightous, that is what we will do, to the bitter end.
We ahve had people say that it is making fitna , but belive me if this mad man stays there will be a bigger fitna , no one is safe, man, woman or children, I cant have some one from outside telling us what is right in this matter only the shk and people of this country know how to deal with it.

So I ask all our brothers and sisters to pray for us in this bif fitna we are living through.

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
Gadaffi is a tyrant, brutal in the extrem, he shows no mercy, he has sent in mercenaries to kill his own people , he is paying them from the peoples money to kill them unarmed innocent people in the street, blood every where.
100`s and 100s of people killed