Punishment for Backbiters or Slanderers

M

Mehry

:bismillah:

:salam2: bro's and sis's
I read this in a book and wanted to share it with all my sis's and bro's.
I didnt knew that backbiting is worse then adultery.
May Allah forgive us all inshAllah if we were backbiting.

Punishment for Backbiters or Slanderers

Hadhrat ‘Ala b. Harith narrates that the Prophet of Allah :saw: observed: ‘’ Those who accuse the innocent and those who go about backbiting, both classes of people shall be treated like dogs. (Abdul Shaikh)

Hadhrat Ibn ‘Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) states that the Holy Prophet :saw: observed that on the night of his visit to the heaven he saw a nation eating corpses and deads animals. He enquired: ‘’ Who are those people? ’’ The Prophet was informed: These are the people who used to eat the flesh of others i.e. they backbited others.’’

Hadhrat Anas reported that the Holy Prophet :saw: during his ascension to heaven saw some people scratching their faces and breasts with their nails. The Holy Prophet :saw: enquired: ‘’Who are these people?’’ Gabriel (as) submitted in reply: ‘’These are the people who used to eat the flesh of others, who backbited and brought calumnies against others.’’ (abu Dawud)

In a tradition reported by Hadhrat Rashid b. Sa’d it is related that the Holy Prophet :saw: observed: ‘’ I saw some people who ere hanging by the breasts. ‘’ I enquired: ‘’These people are those who found faults with others and brought calumnies against them.’’ (Ahmaad)

Hadhrat Jabir b. ‘Abdullah relates: ‘’We were in the company of the Holy Prophet :saw:
while a blow of foul-smelling wind came towards us. ‘’The Holy Prophet observed: ‘’Do you know what sort of a wind is this? This wind carries the foul smell of those who accuse the faithful behind their back.’’ (Ahmad. Ibn Abi Dunya)

Hadhrat Abu Sa’id (may Allah be pleased with him) and Hadhrat Jabir (may Allah be pleased with him) report a tradition that the Holy Prophet :saw: observed: ‘’Backbiting is worse than adultery. Adultery is excused after penitence; but backbiting cannot be excused until the person who has been maligned excuses the backbiter.’’​

:jazaak:

:wasalam: