Qadha salah and story of Yusuf (AS) and Zoleikha

Tamana

Assalamu alaikym brothers and sisters
I hope all of you are well and in good health :)
Long time I have not been on this site, I must say it feels good to be back :D
I have two questions and I need help to find out the answers
1) Firstly I wanted to ask regarding the qadha salahs, I remember reading somewhere that when you pray qadha, you only pray the Farz. But the other day someone told me that I pray the sunnah and farz but my intention would be different ie, I would intend that I am praying qadha
2) My second questions is regarding Yusuf 9AS) and Zoleikha, I recently watched a Persian drama which was based on Yusuf (AS)'s life, it ended as Yusuf (AS) and Zoleikha married eachother. However in the Quran this is not mentioned nor is this mentioned in any hadeeths. I would aprreciate it if you could tell me whether Zoleikha and Yusuf (AS) got together in the end.
Jazkallah in advance :hijabi:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

1. there is only qadha of fard salah. there are no qadhas of sunnah or nafil prayers. also you cannot combine qadha salah with sunnah salah. eg. you have to pray fajr qadha and fajr sunnah separately.

2. Allah or His prophet :saw2: did not inform us about their marriage. so all we can say is...maybe or maybe not. Allah knows best. also, they married or not is not so important...what is important in this story is lesson on how to remain chaste and pure and overcome temptations (fitnah) of the opposite gender.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

As for the Yusuf and Zoleikha story...well that is just what it is. It is a Persian tale. A narrative poem that has some Sufi symbolism. The author was a very famous poet.

But, I just read Osama Bin Ladin was a Sufi..that has me scratching my head.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamu alaikym brothers and sisters
1) Firstly I wanted to ask regarding the qadha salahs, I remember reading somewhere that when you pray qadha, you only pray the Farz. But the other day someone told me that I pray the sunnah and farz but my intention would be different ie, I would intend that I am praying qadha

Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Perhaps you can search the answer to your question at islamqa or use the search button of TTI on the top right of your screen because I've read about this discussion before. [Sorry, I don't have much time to search it for you]

2) My second questions is regarding Yusuf 9AS) and Zoleikha, I recently watched a Persian drama which was based on Yusuf (AS)'s life, it ended as Yusuf (AS) and Zoleikha married eachother. However in the Quran this is not mentioned nor is this mentioned in any hadeeths. I would aprreciate it if you could tell me whether Zoleikha and Yusuf (AS) got together in the end.

One thing everyone needs to understand is that the name Zulaikha herself is not mention in any saheeh hadeeth. Where did that name come from? Allaahu a'laam. Her name is, however, widely spread among the people, not just at my place but seems like at other countries too. Maybe this is among the story from the Israeliyyat, Allaah knows best. But the story about Yusoof alayhi salaam got away from the temptation of a woman, then yes, it is stated in the Quran. But the Quran only mentioned about her being the wife of Al-Aziz, the adopted father of Yusoof alayhi salaam. Nowhere in the Quran nor the Tafseer stated about her name. As for whether they got married or not, Allaahu a'laam.

And as mentioned above, its not about the name that matters the most [same goes with Suraah Al-Kahfi regarding the number of youth that slept in the cave], its the lesson behind the story that counts the most.

Thought I'd share about this important info I listened in a lecture by my local Ustaadh.

Allaah knows best.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

It is a given that we learn lessons. And if you would research the subject you would not have used the word perhaps. You are using subjective words as seems.

The narrative is an example of Love calling. It is an example of what happens in this life when Love appears. We are human and are attracted to Love. It is our humanness that makes us desire. We see the object of desire. We want the object of desire for ourselves. We can not eat, sleep, or think about anything but that object of desire. And many waste away. In the long run we understand that the object of desire is not a human. The object of desire is Allah. However, when we reach that understanding we no longer need the human desire which is known as lust. We are transported to a higher level of servitude of being the Slave of Allah.

It is that simple an illustration.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

. . And if you would research the subject you would not have used the word perhaps. You are using subjective words as seems.

I'm sorry for my lack of understanding but what are you trying to convey here?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You try to do the best. I know that. And when you post I read what you write. You are usually not subjective. I was surprised to see a subjective response from you. Your responses are always full of facts and details. They are very objective.
This particular thread is about a variation on a Sura. It is a spin-off. It is very Sufi.
I was just surprised.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullah,

Maybe [Yeah, I used the word maybe :)] you're right. I didn't do a well research on the subject since it was in *one* lecture I heard about it. But I felt the importance to share it because it is something widely known among people but have not been proven its authenticity in any hadeeth.

Thank you that you always read my post. After all, I'm not really that clever of a person, Appa.

Anyways, I do not see how the Sura is related to being Sufi? As for narration about a particular ayaat, one can always refer to Tafseer for a deeper understanding [a tafseer is different from a translation]. And we all know there are many tafseer of the Quran so different tafseer may have different commentary. But so far, Tafseer Saheeh Ibnu Katheer is the best.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I do read you because I love the effort you put into the posts.

Ok...I had no idea it was a Sufi allegory until I did a little search. The beauty of Sufism are the words. The words are delightful. Chill out everyone and read.

When I read the analogy I was totally startled. It was a new one for me.

The Sura explains to us the fulfillment of the Will of Allah. It demonstrates the love of a father and his son. It defines for us the strenght of kinship and forgiveness.

In reading the analysis the Sufi poet describes the love that Zolekha had for Yusuf as being the beginning of entering into the stage of Love. Do you see the difference. Whereas she longs for Yusuf, this is her lower self. It is filled with desire. She can not enter the world of absolute Love, the Love for Allah until she goes through the pangs of suffering. She suffers most of her life for his love. She renounces everything for her Love. It is the renunciation of everything that gains her absolute Love.

And that is the crux of Sufi..the renunciation of the dunya, the total renunciation of the duyna, the almost hermit like existence to seek the Love of Allah.

So the poet tied the Sura to giving up the world to seek Love. He used Zoleikha to do that.

However, as Believers, we are not to renounce the world. Our Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, loved the world. He loved Allah most. He was not a hermit. He lived the fullest live. His life gives us the balance.

Thank you for allowing me to write.

Tamana

Assalaam walaikum,

As for the Yusuf and Zoleikha story...well that is just what it is. It is a Persian tale. A narrative poem that has some Sufi symbolism. The author was a very famous poet.

But, I just read Osama Bin Ladin was a Sufi..that has me scratching my head.
Walaikum assalaam
Hmm... He was a Sufi? *scratches her head as well*

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I read that he was influenced by the Deobandi Sufis. Live and learn each day...that is one to give most a headache.

So basically the Taliban are Sufis...

Someone would have to pay Hollywood a lot of money to come up with that.